Results 1 to 15 of 15
  1. #1

    No Nonsense Webhosting

    i wanna start my hosting soon
    i need real recommendations

    requirements:
    my account wouldn't get suspended if there's any surge or spike(i'll try to minimize it)
    good uptime
    good customer support

    consideration:
    bluehost
    lunarpages (somebody mentioned that you won't get suspended despite any spike you have, but i read many lousy support they give)
    hostgator
    shinjiru
    or any other host that you think it's worthwhile.

    budget less than $10 will do
    that's all
    thanks everyone who can gimme their 2cents
    cheers

    i saw another one which is quite appealing on WHT
    is called cirtexhosting.com
    more: sharkspace, liquidweb,

    i nid recommendations before buying
    i don want any regrets

  2. #2
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    288
    hostgator for the win.
    one of the best support team you will find

  3. #3
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    San Francisco
    Posts
    7,200
    Quote Originally Posted by mondmond88 View Post
    my account wouldn't get suspended if there's any surge or spike(i'll try to minimize it)
    Well, this really depends on the circumstances. If you're spiking beyond the server's capabilities, your account will be suspended temporarily in the interest of other clients on the same server regardless of the hosting company.

    Other than that do you have space/bandwidth requirements?

  4. #4
    are you sure?
    most of my friends site got suspended
    so im kinda afraid taking my chance with them

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by Orien View Post
    Well, this really depends on the circumstances. If you're spiking beyond the server's capabilities, your account will be suspended temporarily in the interest of other clients on the same server regardless of the hosting company.

    Other than that do you have space/bandwidth requirements?
    i don have a minimum requirement yet
    cuz im not sure how much bandwidth will i consume
    shinjiru, sharkspace, cirtexhosting, even hostgator seems nice

    what do you all think? what host will you go with
    im bombarded with too many reviews and stuff, im getting more confused as time goes

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    4,033
    Well most, if not all hosting providers will suspend your site if there are any surge or spike which may affect other users on the same server. This applies to providers in your list as well.

    If you want to find a provider which will less likely suspend your hosting account due to spike, you may want to look for providers like MediaLayer which can handle spike well.
    Aspiration Hosting [US UK SG AU] - Cloud Web Hosting | Managed Cloud Server
    LiteMage / LiteSpeed Cache for Magento, WordPress, Joomla, Drupal & XenForo

    Web Development Support Unmetered Bandwidth Aspiration CDN Magento Optimized

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Santa Monica, CA
    Posts
    3,372
    Quote Originally Posted by mondmond88 View Post
    i wanna start my hosting soon
    i need real recommendations

    requirements:
    my account wouldn't get suspended if there's any surge or spike(i'll try to minimize it)
    good uptime
    good customer support
    Usually a spike won't get you suspended. Its when you use a couple dozen% or so of cpu over a long period of time that can get in trouble.

    Since you don't know how its going to work out, try a host that seems ok and go from there. Worse thing that will happen is you will lose a couple dollars and change hosts.

  8. #8
    ok
    i also don wan to spike my host too much
    not good ethic
    now it has come to this
    shinjiru, sharkspace, hostgator, and cirtexhosting.
    which one should i choose?

    besides, affiliate offer from hostgator and sharkspace is nice
    Last edited by mondmond88; 06-28-2009 at 03:09 AM.

  9. #9
    shinjiru will be fine!

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by kalo View Post
    shinjiru will be fine!
    u're hosting with them?

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Dec 2001
    Location
    Above The Clouds
    Posts
    6,999
    Remember that a lot of hosts post here (maybe 80%) so asking for recommendations is not really the way to use WHT. You will see favourable reviews so do searches on this forum for those companies and do Google searches to find out more information. Build a shortlist, contact the hosts in your shortlist to be sure they can support what you need and then make an informed decision.
    Laurence Flynn @ atOmicVPS LTD
    Linux & Windows Cloud Hosting Solutions Powered by OnApp
    Fully Managed [Shared][Reseller][Cloud VPS] [Dedicated]
    Featuring the atOmicSTACK ● Speed ● Performance ● Reliability

  12. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by NexDog View Post
    Remember that a lot of hosts post here (maybe 80%) so asking for recommendations is not really the way to use WHT. You will see favourable reviews so do searches on this forum for those companies and do Google searches to find out more information. Build a shortlist, contact the hosts in your shortlist to be sure they can support what you need and then make an informed decision.
    yes
    i agree with you
    but the more searches we do, the more googling we do,
    we get even more confused, bad reviews, good reviews etc
    so it's getting much complicated for us
    that's why later on we resort to posting over here
    hopin that we could get some first hand review or recommendation that they could provide
    hope you can understand

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Mumbai, India
    Posts
    125
    Going for a Reseller, Master Reseller or Alpha Reseller is useless.
    Better to get an Offshore VPS starting from 15$/mo + cPanel/WHM for 15$/mo
    Totals to 30$/mo and then start your Hosting.

  14. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by Plutost View Post
    Going for a Reseller, Master Reseller or Alpha Reseller is useless.
    Better to get an Offshore VPS starting from 15$/mo + cPanel/WHM for 15$/mo
    Totals to 30$/mo and then start your Hosting.
    im just starting
    tryin to do some hosting and etc
    don really need to spend a lot ATM
    till i can figure out what are my needs and etc then ill consider a VPS

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Mumbai, India
    Posts
    125
    Quote Originally Posted by mondmond88 View Post
    im just starting
    tryin to do some hosting and etc
    don really need to spend a lot ATM
    till i can figure out what are my needs and etc then ill consider a VPS
    Ohh..
    I thought, you'd like to go serious in Web Hosting.
    But just for fun or timepass, you can try out a Reseller.
    Good Luck for that !

Similar Threads

  1. VibrantLogic | No-Nonsense webhosting | Dual CPU from $45
    By doiuf in forum Dedicated Hosting Offers
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-13-2007, 06:14 PM
  2. What nonsense is this?
    By fewcoin in forum Domain Names
    Replies: 26
    Last Post: 02-09-2004, 09:13 AM
  3. Fdc Nonsense
    By fris in forum Dedicated Server
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 11-30-2002, 01:47 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •