eNOM Retail Account - nameserver issue

Hi,

I currently have eNOM Retail Account from Hostgator.

I can add custom private nameserver by going to Domain > Advance Tools > Register a Name Server. After adding the ns1.mydomain.com and ns2.mydomain.com, I cannot find any page that will display the created private nameservers. Also hostgator support told me that once I created a private name server, I have to inform them so they can add it to the zone file? why is that?

On other registrar such as godaddy and namecheap, i can add private nameserver without inform them and I can view the created name servers.

To all people who are familiar with ENOM Retail, please advice me if this is true or I am missing something.

Thanks.

Hello,

Creating nameservers at eNom is the same regardless if you have a retail or reseller account.

Once you create your private nameservers, you can "query" them to see what is the results.

The query form is on the same page as the creation area.. just further down at the bottom of the page.

I hope that helps.
    We are eNom PLATINUM PLUS resellers!
    Sign up today for an eNom.com reseller account with lowest possible pricing.
    * We provide support and service to over 4275 happy eNom domain name and SSL certificate resellers!

Quote Originally Posted by noeluylee View Post
    Hi,

I currently have eNOM Retail Account from Hostgator.

I can add custom private nameserver by going to Domain > Advance Tools > Register a Name Server. After adding the ns1.mydomain.com and ns2.mydomain.com, I cannot find any page that will display the created private nameservers. Also hostgator support told me that once I created a private name server, I have to inform them so they can add it to the zone file? why is that?

On other registrar such as godaddy and namecheap, i can add private nameserver without inform them and I can view the created name servers.

To all people who are familiar with ENOM Retail, please advice me if this is true or I am missing something.

Thanks.
    In a way you answered your own question. Godaddy and Namecheap are the registrars so there you do not have to inform anyone.
    With the Hostgator account enom is the registrar not Hostgator so you do have to notifiy them so the zones can be set properly.
    Hosting - At it's Simple Best!
    Get your Business, Blog or Personal Site Online in an Affordable way.
    https://www.fdwhostingco,com

Quote Originally Posted by ninak View Post
    In a way you answered your own question. Godaddy and Namecheap are the registrars so there you do not have to inform anyone.
    With the Hostgator account enom is the registrar not Hostgator so you do have to notifiy them so the zones can be set properly.
    This is somewhat inaccurate. Namecheap is an enom reseller. And when I had domains with them (namecheap) and went to a VPS, I also had to create a private nameserver in their panel for the same domains I'd been using to point to shared hosting.

It takes just a couple of seconds to do, and I believe that is what the OP is referring to...Hostgator requires it, just as namecheap does. It may be that the control panels are set up a little differently, but I believe it's the same thing.

Correct me if I'm wrong, anyone.
    Sue

A generation which ignores history has no past — and no future. --Lazarus Long

Quote Originally Posted by BristolSue View Post
    This is somewhat inaccurate. Namecheap is an enom reseller. And when I had domains with them (namecheap) and went to a VPS, I also had to create a private nameserver in their panel for the same domains I'd been using to point to shared hosting.

It takes just a couple of seconds to do, and I believe that is what the OP is referring to...Hostgator requires it, just as namecheap does. It may be that the control panels are set up a little differently, but I believe it's the same thing.

Correct me if I'm wrong, anyone.
    You are correct about Namecheap. Sorry got a bit ahead of myself.
    Hosting - At it's Simple Best!
    Get your Business, Blog or Personal Site Online in an Affordable way.
    https://www.fdwhostingco,com