Thumbs down GeekStorage.Com sucks big time

I moved my blogs to GeekStorage.Com and im having a very bad experience with them.
    They took 3 days to setup my account (Charged me for these 3 days also).
    They take days to reply support tickes, max time was 2days and they never replied less than 6 hours.
    They call it managed vps, but what do they manage??
    My sites were down for some time, I had to restart apache to have them back.
    i wonder what would have happened if i wasnt online or on a vacation.

GeekStorage sucks big time, dont go for them.
    When all the hosts are providing live support, they are taking days to answer support queries.
    Last edited by SSHocker; 06-26-2009 at 06:41 PM. Reason: My eyes!

I am sorry to hear about your bad experience with geekstorage. How long have you been with them?

Sorry to hear about your experience with GeekStorage, have you tried contacting Jay to address this issue?

haven't heard any bad things about them - they have people on this board too and they seemed to be a great host.

have you tried contacting them any other way? besides support tickets?

I talked to Jay initially to know about their service,
    from then i jsut used support tickets.
    I havent tried any other way to contact them.

I've had an account at GeekStorage for about a year, although it's mainly for testing with some low traffic sites.

The few times i've contacted support it's been fast, also uptime has been good. My only complaint is the speed at which the sites load.

Anyhow no doubt Jay will post here to address your ticket.
    Great Host = WiredTree.com Managed VPS Hosting

I've personally never heard anything negative about them. Perhaps it was isolated to your issue(s), hopefully they will update us here.
    Website Design and Marketing in France
    www.SagaNET.fr

I wonder how inet interactive / wht feels about this thread - big geekstorage.com advert banner going right now - oh the irony.
    RAM Host -- Premium & Budget Linux Hosting From The USA & EU
    █ Featuring Powerful cPanel CloudLinux Shared Hosting
    █ & Cheap Premium Virtual Dedicated Servers
    Follow us on Twitter

Really sorry to hear this. It would be nice to hear the next side of the story. Also, are you sure that you have opened the ticket on the correct department. Just for confirmation.
    http://we3cares.com/
    Seven years in server management!!.
    Performance exceeds expectation.

Quote Originally Posted by Gandham View Post
    I moved my blogs to GeekStorage.Com and im having a very bad experience with them.
    They took 3 days to setup my account (Charged me for these 3 days also).
    They take days to reply support tickes, max time was 2days and they never replied less than 6 hours.

GeekStorage sucks big time, dont go for them.
    When all the hosts are providing live support, they are taking days to answer support queries.
    Greetings,

Sorry to hear you are having trouble with your service. Please feel free to e-mail me or PM me on these forums with your ticket ID and I will take a look into your issue.

I can tell you with 100% certainty that it is absolutely impossible for a support issue to go unanswered for days as you claim. This is why I would like to find out more information, as it may be an issue with your spam filter or where you are sending your request for help.

Our managed offering is clearly outlined on our website, please take a look here:

http://www.geekstorage.com/gs/service/vps/managed

It seems to me that you expect us to be your webmaster as well as your host. Unfortunately, that is not what our managed offering entails. We do not monitor your individual websites and VPS for uptime, only the node. It is your responsibility to reboot your VPS or request that we do it for you.

Further, making inaccurate claims and trashing us on WHT instead of trying to contact us, or me directly, isn't how to get your issue resolved and to have a conducive relationship with your provider. If you hate us this bad, cancel and get your refund.

If you want to work out your issues, please contact me.
    * GeekStorage.com, LLC - Offering awesome website hosting for over 9 years!
    * Shared Hosting * Reseller Hosting * Pure SSD VPS * Managed Dedicated
    * Powered by Geeks... and SSD's! - You're in good hands, geek hands.
    * Have questions? Send us an e-mail, we'd love to hear from you!

Hello Jay,
    I just sent you a pm with my support ticket id, where you took 6 hours to respond.

My earlier host porvided all the support you provided, but they never claimed it managed hosting. So i was expecting something more from a managed hosting.
    Anyway, thats mistake i shud have checked what you manage.

It clearly states on their web site that they do not monitor your web site.

You can get proactive monitoring service from a 3rd party provider who can monitor your web site 24/7 and reboot if required. I hope you get your support issues resolved, best of luck.

It wasnt a problem with single website, my sever was completely down .

It wasnt a problem with single website, my sever was completely down .
    Hopefully your issue get's resolved, however a managed server/vps can have different levels of management and does not always mean it will be monitored 24/7 but rather possible that they can resolve any issues for your or do security, server updates, installs etc... as part of the managed service.

Good luck and keep us posted!
    CirtexHosting Providing Affordable and Quality Web Hosting & Reseller Hosting since 2003
    LINUX based cPANEL/WHM Shared and Reseller Web Hosting with Fantastico
    HostV VPS Premium Virtual Private Servers & Dedicated Servers powered by cPanel/WHM
    We transfer your sites over quickly! I eat penguins for breakfast ...

Bad to hear that, now what you will do now?

It's always a shame that people post threads with titles like '...host sucks', when, after having a calm and decent conversation with the host, it turns out the hos doesn't suck that much after all.

Quote Originally Posted by gnummep-martin View Post
    It's always a shame that people post threads with titles like '...host sucks', when, after having a calm and decent conversation with the host, it turns out the hos doesn't suck that much after all.
    I agree with that, 100%. I wish there was something WHT could do to classify the blatant and unwarranted "trying to get back at my host" threads. I've seen so much of that, with folks just trying to trash their hosts when they were obviously in the wrong.

note - this is not directed at the OP of this thread, just the general idea presented in the individual post to which I am replying. (Although I think the subject could have been a little more on the reserved side "just in case".)
    This is the best signature in the world....Tribute!
    (It is not the best signature in the world, no. This is just a tribute)

Arrow

They are taking 6 hours to reply a support ticket.
    Isn't that a long time on the internet?

Jay asked me to pm me the support ticket id, i did that a week back, i haven't heard from him yet.

I've used Geekstorage's services for quite a while now and I could not be happier. Support may not be instant but I always receive a reply within a few hours and the quality of their replies always makes up for the reply time. When I was with HostGator I was receiving similar response times and I'd always have to reply and ask for more details, etc. This meant it would take 1 to 2 days to get an issue resolved and my questions answered. GeekStorage always manages to reply to my tickets and answers all of my questions and gives additional details in one reply which means I always have my issues resolved and questions answered in a few hours. Furthermore, they offer a toll free number for you to call if there is an emergency. Simply call and leave a message and they'll handle it ASAP.

I've used several different providers over the past few years and GeekStorage has been the absolute best out of all of them. If you are in the market for shared hosting, reseller hosting, or VPS hosting I HIGHLY recommend GeekStorage.
    Last edited by gracefulhosting; 07-03-2009 at 01:29 PM.

Their VPS packages looks promising, hope they are not overselling

They are taking 6 hours to reply a support ticket.
    Isn't that a long time on the internet?

Jay asked me to pm me the support ticket id, i did that a week back, i haven't heard from him yet.
    You should probably leave the ticket id here so that Jay can attend to it once he sees this thread on WHT as I'm suer he will respond.

Good luck!
    CirtexHosting Providing Affordable and Quality Web Hosting & Reseller Hosting since 2003
    LINUX based cPANEL/WHM Shared and Reseller Web Hosting with Fantastico
    HostV VPS Premium Virtual Private Servers & Dedicated Servers powered by cPanel/WHM
    We transfer your sites over quickly! I eat penguins for breakfast ...