Lightbulb How do I give WEBMAIL to my customers on RAQ?

Hi,

since a few weeks I have my own dedicated RAQ550-server. Now I have about 20 hostings on the server.

I get some questions to offer Webbased Mail to my customers. Can someone give me some information on HOW to offer webmail to them?
    Is there somewhere an interesting link where I can find some information?

Maybe someone is interested in developing a webmail-system for me (I will pay for it of course!)

Thanks for your information!
    Wim

There should be one already on the RAQ. Check to make sure. If not, try IMP or some other freeware Linux based webmail client. If you need someone to install it for you, just ask on the jobs forum and you'll probably get someone to install it for you for an account.
    Jason Murdock

Originally posted by wim7973
    Maybe someone is interested in developing a webmail-system for me (I will pay for it of course!)
    That sure is generous. However there are fully developed systems out there that you would be much better off buying.

And to be completely honest, I feel bad for the people that you are hosting. If you can't research or search these forums for information on a web mail system, how in the world are you providing an uptime guarantee, security, backups, site statistics, database support, and so forth?

Not to be too mean, but you have put forth no effort on this. Try doing research before asking for an answer to be handed to you.

Not to be too mean, but you have put forth no effort on this. Try doing research before asking for an answer to be handed to you.
    OK, you are right, but on this subject, also as of backups, I am a complete newbie.

I am a commercial man and started my hostingcompany in cooperation with a technical man. I host currently 300 sites with him, but now I think it is time to search for a further solution and start with my own dedicated server.

The sites on my own dedicated server are all smaller sites, mainly my own sites, so I can experiment.

I want to give my customers everything, but first I have to learn more about backups on a RAQ550 and on how to setup webmail. My other 300 sites all stay safely with the other hostingcompany.

Sorry I asked about webmail, but I didn't think it was that easy to get webmail on my server.
    Now I am asking :-) which sites can you recommand on webbased mail? Which system have you experience with?
    My technical friend has a "JAWMAIL"-system.

Here is a search of these forums for "webmail raq" in the thread...

http://www.webhostingtalk.com/search...der=descending

Here is a search of these forums for "webmail" in the title only...

http://www.webhostingtalk.com/search...der=descending

There is a lot of information here. You are most likely not the first person with your question or problem. A search will usually generate the answer and take less time then it does to post and wait for the answer.

http://pkgmaster.com/i386/RaQ550-Ope...1.20020917.pkg

Try this free package file. Just run the install file from your control panel and all of your domains will have free webmail.

Good luck

Try this free package file. Just run the install file from your control panel and all of your domains will have free webmail.

Yes, THANK YOU VERY MUCH!!
    I have been reading about Squirrelmail, Openwebmail and neomail for hours and I decided to try to install the OpenWebmail tomorrow.

I suggest that it is certain in the following way:
    - Third Party Software
    - Install Manually
    - Upload file 71.20020917.pkg
    ???

Thank you for the good help!

Hello!!

I attempted to install the latest version onto my RAQ550, and any time that I attempt to open an account I get the following error:

Open WebMail ERROR

Please change the 3 options in openwebmail.conf

from
    dbm_ext .db
    dbmopen_ext %dbm_ext%
    dbmopen_haslock

to
    dbm_ext .db
    dbmopen_ext %dbm_ext%
    dbmopen_haslock yes

Okay, so I found the file in question but those lines are not in that file.

Any help??

Here is a idea.. Try posting this question in the Cobalt RaQ Forum.
    Dot Simple LLC
    aim: johna11en | yah: johna11en | msn: [email protected] | e-mail