Need places to advertise

I am looking for cheap places to advertise my hosting site

The cheapest and most effective way would be to start off advertising locally. You can also try listing your hosting company in hosting directories, several company's provide this service such as hostpromoter.com, submit2please.com etc.

Good luck!

Google Ads words is a cheap way to promote your website. Do the keyword search research, so you know how your visitors look for your product and services.
    SUPPORT FACILITY | 24/7 TECH SUPPORT
    SERVER MANAGEMENT | WEB HOSTING SUPPORT | WP EXPERTS

What market are you targeting? You need to "go where your customers are."

For example, if you are targeting small business, think about chamber of commerce newsletters.

My experience of PPC (ie Adwords) has been that the hosting related keywords are all so over saturated with people bidding on them that the price is only slightly below break-even point.

Our most effective marketing strategy has been to place well-targetted ads in magazines (be sure to check your target demographics first). Also a standard link-building and content writing promotion strategy will work just as well for hosting as it will for any other business.

Quote Originally Posted by inspiron View Post
    Google Ads words is a cheap way to promote your website. Do the keyword search research, so you know how your visitors look for your product and services.
    Really? Google Ad Words is one of the most expensive avenues to go down for advertising web hosting services of any description. May be in other industries it's cheap. If you wanna pay $10 per click for web hosting terms then go for it.

Advertising on web hosting directories and portals along with some webmaster theme websites would be some good places to start off with advertising.
    Cloud Hosting - Intelligent, Auto-Scalable & Pay-Per-Use | Near Unlimited Resources
    Dedicated Servers - Fully Managed UK Dedicated Servers
    Complete, Fully Managed Web Hosting solutions at eUKhost.com!

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan-W View Post
    Advertising on web hosting directories and portals along with some webmaster theme websites would be some good places to start off with advertising.
    Any sites? Also would link building be a good way?

My most cost effective form of advertisement has been getting fliers printed for free, and then heading to a Wal Mart and handing them out for a couple of hours.

I think that the places to advertise should be chosen once you define the target audience. So I would suggest you to write a marketing plan and to think how to better compete others.
    HostColor.com Edge Infrastructure - US Dedicated Servers & Europe Dedicated Hostingsince 2000
    In 50 U.S. Edge Data Centers & 80 POPs worldwide
    24/7 Support ★★ Support Tickets - LiveChat - Phone

The most cost effecting marketing will be link building and brand awarness through content writting.

Another good approach will be to advertise your company profile in various free hosting directories.

Seek out popular non commercial sites, offer free hosting if they stick up a banner?

In India, its very easy to advertise locally.

We had fliers and handbills all over the city and response was pretty solid.

We have placed our ads in directories, local TV channels and it gives us a good return.

Get yourself listed on some helplines as well and that will help as well.

Good luck!
    IndoUS Hosting Quality IT Services since 2004
    Shared Hosting • Reseller Hosting • Dedicated Servers • Domain Names
    Custom Web Development • Mobile Application Development • SEO
    Custom E-Commerce Solutions, Sports Portals, Health Care - Health Tourism Portals

Quote Originally Posted by CI-Andrew View Post
    Really? Google Ad Words is one of the most expensive avenues to go down for advertising web hosting services of any description. May be in other industries it's cheap. If you wanna pay $10 per click for web hosting terms then go for it.
    I agree with Andrew, AdWords wont fetch you anything cause competition is very very strong there.

You should not go for PPC untill and unless you sell 100GB disk space and 500GB bandwidth for $4.99/month
    IndoUS Hosting Quality IT Services since 2004
    Shared Hosting • Reseller Hosting • Dedicated Servers • Domain Names
    Custom Web Development • Mobile Application Development • SEO
    Custom E-Commerce Solutions, Sports Portals, Health Care - Health Tourism Portals

Well I would suggest, contacting High Traffic Forum owners to place a Banner or Text Link in their Header and you pay them a good amount.
    You can use the WHMCS In-Built Link Tracker Utility to trace Clicks & Conversions if you want to advertise your host.