Reseller hosting in or close to Texas

I am looking for a reseller program that i can host e commerce sites on, is this realistic?

I create e commerce sites for small business in the area, and i want to start hosting them as well.

Also i was thinking of trying to find a host with data centers in or near Texas to maximize speed and minimize latency as i imagine most visitors to the sites will originate from in or near Texas, how much do you think this matters?

Thanks and i appreciate any suggestions

Well it is 100% realistic and good you know what you want. I think any server in the country makes some difference and if you can get a location for the hosting right near you then all the better.

Do you have a budget yet? and do you have any hosting companies that you have seen that would meet your requirements?

Hostgator, one of the best, is HQ in Houston, servers in Dallas (The Planet).

There are so many co-lo facilities in TX....what metro area is best for you?
    Data Foundry in Austin rocks.
    This is the best signature in the world....Tribute!
    (It is not the best signature in the world, no. This is just a tribute)

Finding a provider with servers in Texas shouldn't be a problem at all. Some providers have servers in multiple locations. All you need to usually do is contact a providers sales department and inquire if they have shared/resellers servers which are available for new clients in Texas. If so, read up on them, and then maybe you have found your new hosting provider if you like what they have to offer.

Best of luck!

There are plenty of hosting choices in Texas, and it will all depend on what your needs are and the features you want to offer your clients. For a fully featured reseller account on multiple platforms I would suggest Cartika Hosting. Their servers are located in the colo4dallas facility and offer many nice features to the reseller and your end-user clients. You have end user accessible backups (30 restore points), multiplatform hosting (Linux, Coldfusion, FreeBSD, Sharepoint, Windows, MSExchange etc.), and the ability to use/resell Comodo SSL certificates (easily installed/purchased through the end-user control panel), domain names, Mailfoundry anti-spam, to name a few along with being able to resell dedicated servers at a very nice discount if your clients grow or you find the need. You also get built in helpdesk and billing software and all accounts are in a clustered environment.

I would recommend using hostvoice.com to find hosting providers based on your requirements. Alternatively you can view the Web Hosting Offers section to view offers from hosting companies. Some of the hosts based in texas are: Host Gator, Eleven2, HostingZoom.

Hello

we have reseller accounts in Texas with the following providers:

- Hostgator (The Planet)
    - Eirca (Softlayer)
    - Cartika (Colo4Dallas)

Cartika is on the premium side and most reliable, while Hostgator on the budget side (prices and features) - Eirca is in-between.
    Antonis Adamakos @ FuzzFree :: Fully Managed Web Hosting, Development, Online Marketing

Quote Originally Posted by Jason_Slominski View Post
    I would recommend using hostvoice.com to find hosting providers based on your requirements. Alternatively you can view the Web Hosting Offers section to view offers from hosting companies. Some of the hosts based in texas are: Host Gator, Eleven2, HostingZoom.
    I think resellerzoom has still reseller servers in NAC (New Jersey), while HostingZoom's most servers are in Atlanta.
    Antonis Adamakos @ FuzzFree :: Fully Managed Web Hosting, Development, Online Marketing

I assume each US based weh hosting service will be fine for you. I assume yopu will have good connection speed in Texas as well.
    Here on the WHT you will be able to find offers ssection and there you will be able look at existing offers. I assume that would be useful for you to have a look and learn existing prices
    ASPnix Web Hosting - ASP.NET, MS SQL, AJAX, Hyper-V
    Microsoft Hosting and Virtualization

Anything in the United States will be fine, you really won't notice a difference in load speed between Texas and say the East Coast or the West Coast as the difference will only be a few milliseconds.
    Michael Denney - MDDHosting LLC
    New shared plans for 2016! Check them out!
    Highly Available Shared, Premium, Reseller, and VPS
    http://www.mddhosting.com/

Lets add another discussion; depending on the type of ecommerce sites you may not be able to use reseller hosting at all. If you are going to manage credit cards on the server itself and store information there the server needs to be PCI certified, which simply can not be done on a shared-environment and always require a dedicated environment. Although in many ecommerce solutions this is not needed due the fact a payment gateway is used for payments and no CC data is locally stored.

Make sure you check out your exact needs before choosing the type of hosting suits you best.

Anything in the United States will be fine, you really won't notice a difference in load speed between Texas and say the East Coast or the West Coast as the difference will only be a few milliseconds.
    I agree. Just as hosting in UK is generally just fine for any European target, hosting anywhere in US should be fine in this scenario. A measurable difference (which does exist, all other things being equal) and a noticeable difference, are not the same thing.

That being said, given the number of options in the area, you should be able to find a good Texan host.

Shouldn't be an issue finding a host in Texas. Colo4Dallas probably the best of the best when it comes to DC's in Texas.

Quote Originally Posted by Ultima VPS View Post
    Shouldn't be an issue finding a host in Texas. Colo4Dallas probably the best of the best when it comes to DC's in Texas.
    SoftLayer is amazing but they don't do Colocation
    Michael Denney - MDDHosting LLC
    New shared plans for 2016! Check them out!
    Highly Available Shared, Premium, Reseller, and VPS
    http://www.mddhosting.com/

Thanks for all the great info and suggestions , after reviewing some all the choices that i could find, i decided to go with hostgater for the price/location/RoR support/ and Space/Bandwidth allotments.

also 040Hosting i will be using one of the ecommerce cart solutions provided through cPanel, so i dont believe the will be any problem with the CC info. sound correct?

Quote Originally Posted by dumpstering View Post

also 040Hosting i will be using one of the ecommerce cart solutions provided through cPanel, so i dont believe the will be any problem with the CC info. sound correct?
    As long you use a payment gateway for cc processing this is no issue; but if you use an ecommerce solutions (included with cpanel or not) and decide to process cc your self and have this data submitted through your system it is. Most starting e-commerce shops however do start with a payment gateway (cheaper to start with when trading small amounts of goods).

check out hostnine they have servers located in several different locations throughout the world one of them is in Texas.
    Backy LLC provides top quality SSD cPanel Shared Hosting, cPanel Reseller Hosting, Virtual Private Servers and more at http://backyllchosting.com