Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

UKWDA

We registered the domain "online-ventures" about 2-3 months ago. We intended to run it as a Domain/hosting company but came across Cottage Companies and decided to include Cottage Companies products, that combined with the "cottage companies" name are the reasons why we have decided not to keep Cottage Companies as the Business name.

The account we have for Online-Ventures with UKWDA is as I stated previously the account David Cottage used for Cottage Companies. We only got access to the UKWDA account three weeks ago before that David had changed the Business name from Cottage Companies to Online-Ventures for us but kept the same address as we did not provide him with ours. When we got access three weeks ago we edited the services offered and also changed the status to Limited. The only reason the address remains the same is because we want to use our PO BOX but when we wanted to do this when going Limited we could not, we would rather us our PO BOX but I am not entirely sure UKWDA will allow PO BOX address that’s something we will need to take up with them. If not we will have to use our own address.

As for the reasons behind the sale I really do not know, The company does make money and yes has made over £2000 a month in the past but not every month, I hope you understand but I do not wish to go into detailed accounts on a public forum. David has mentioned quite a few previous employee's but as for specific numbers I could not tell you, I can tell you that there are no permanent members of staff instead all work is done through freelance workers something David has aided us with setting up including the design and header of Online-Ventures.

Sorry I didnt answer your question properly

Sorry I have just read your post again and did not answer your question in my reply.

You ask about the name not the address. The reason behind the name remains as David is because we want to have the name as our Limited company name rather than a persons name. I think your agree it would look better.

Also I would like to say that the updating of the UKWDA account was a long way down the list of "to do's" in fact it really did not enter our thoughts much, David said Cottage Companies were registered with them and it would need updating, to be honest we had no idea who UKWDA were or indeed what they offer, after all this I am in two minds whether or not to stay registered as we will not be offering web-design as a product.

So what exactly did you buy besides a useless name?

Well we brought what we thought was a reptuable company. It does make money and good money too and we believe that linked up with hosting and domains it will made even more.

We have every intention of running this Business (soon to be company) well, professionally and honestly and as I mentioned earlier we would like to repay any unpaid debts. If anyone reading this has not been paid for work done for Cottage Companies please let us know with proof and payment will be arranged. However payment can only be made through PayPal at the moment because we are awaiting our Business cheque book, this should be with us within 5-10 working days according to the hsbc.

David is still involed with the running in as much as helping us find our feet as its a lot to take in, for instance I had no idea about problems that can go wrong with dedicated servers, you will see I made a post about it earlier in the week.

I'll take your word for that, I don't expect you to pay the money which is owed by him. That's not fair and seeing it's a principle matter I really don't care for the value (£33 he still owes). I apreciate the honesty from you (providing you really are someone else) and wish you luck at turning around the poor reputation that david cottage has.

Well we really want to rid ourselves of any bad reputation that unfairly surrounds the name Online-Ventures. Like I said before when we purchased Cottage Companies we did not expect to find such a large amount of un paid debt, for all I know the amount owed could end up being more than we paid for the Business!.

I think we will need all the luck we can get because this is not going to be an easy task in terms of both money and hard work but hopefully our offer of payment can be seen as a sign of a new beginning under new owners for Cottage Companies (online ventures).

From now on in we aim to have only good words about Online Ventures in this forum and I personally look forward to becoming a big user of webhosting talk.

well,again i have to say,and im not ad copy.....i made online-ventures some designs ncluding thier flash header and they always paid in time,no delay,and im talking about more than just 100$ or somthing like this.
    i was shocked when i read this thread,and ofcourse many of u guys know me here for my flash work.no one asked me to say anthing good about online-ventures
    » Poised.com - Marketing with Passion
    Tamer o'kail - Creative Director

Hello,

Thanks for your words, I believe David Cottage has been working with you on some work for OV and some other work and we have made sure both deposits and final payments are made on time. David Cottage found Talent for us and we cannot speak highly enough of his work it is amazing and affordable at the same time.

This shows how we aim to conduct Business from now on, Cottage Companies has a new name, new owners and a new approach and we will work tirelessly to rid ourselves of the previous reputation.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12