Leaseweb will not provide support

I signed up for a new server and paid for the service. I signed up with my current email address and they setup my service under a different email address then what I used to place the order. Then the new server after less then a day went offline and when I tried to get support they would not give me any support because I was not using the email address they set my account up under that I DO NOT HAVE ACCESS TO. I have sent many emails for support they will not respond. DO NOT USE LEASEWEB.

You should probably call them and have them verify your billing information. If they won't do that and they won't get your server back online, then you have the ever present chargeback options.

I'm confused, where'd this other email address come from?
    Lagniappe Internet L.L.C. - Wholesale Reseller and VPS Hosting.
    Lagniappe (lan-yap) - An extra or unexpected gift or benefit.
    HostEntrepreneur - Hosting news, reviews, tips, tricks, help and the occassional rant

@msithero:

Before supporting our customers, LeaseWeb identifies and authenticates its customers on the email addresses our customers publish in their Self Service Center. Although you ordered a new server with new contact details, you did unfortunately not change the email addresses in your Self Service Center. This has lead to the miscommunication whether or not to support you, while the engineers were not 100% sure they were dealing with the legitimate customer of the server.

However, from the correspondence in the ticket itself I can conclude that the issue is being handled according to your customer's expectations and thanks for your patience while solving this issue.

Regards,

Ivo Roomer
    Manager Support
    LeaseWeb B.V.

But why did the server go down in 1 day? Would be interested to know. Because we have earned bad fame in the past month only due to too much hard drive failures at Leaseweb. Also though their support is better than before but I am looking to shift soon because of the very little IP limit constraint. All other providers do not restrict you on IPs as long as you provide justification.

@bentink:

We both know that your recent downtimes and bad fame is not caused by hard-drive failures of LeaseWeb servers. Thanks by the way for your opinion on LeaseWeb's improved Support. And please inform LeaseWeb in advance of your plans to shift to another provider, so LeaseWeb can support you on a smooth migration.

Regards,

Ivo Roomer
    Manager Support
    LeaseWeb B.V.

You might want to note there were 3 HD failures last month if I remember correctly. It may not be sharp 1 month though. Since Feb there were around 5 failures I do not remember exactly. And to add to it one time it happened power supply was stopped suddenly don't know why. I sent you an email specifically addressing you about the power issue but you did not reply. The support guy said he does not know the reason.

I am satisfied at The Planet, but my card can not pay thousands of dollars in a month. So I am looking for a new provider still searching.
    Last edited by bentink; 06-26-2009 at 04:45 AM.

what I can see is a huge hole in support of leaseweb !

by the way, I have a friend who is expert in linux stuff and they have like 9 servers with leaseweb and they are totally satisfied and it might be because of no support issue yet !

well, since he is one of my close friends, I will inform him for the 3 support issues I have found in WHT and commented myself in each one of them and warn them to be aware that they might be the next victim since they have a huge business with their servers and I know they cant afford downtime or data lose issues !

Thank guys for informing people like me who was about to switch to leaseweb !

cheers.