Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by InstantPH View Post
    Looking at it from the other side of the argument, at no point in the OP's cancellation email did he specifically state he only wanted to cancel one VPS. He talks about transferring his domains and moving servers, it could be easy to assume he is leaving the host all together.

Although I agree with redmeds, some clarification should have been requested due to the obvious language barrier.
    From OP -
    and notify me when will be the last day I will have on the server so that the I move my sites to another server, and thank you. "
    Regardless, he requested to be notified of when his CONTRACT ran out, so that he could move before the cut-off date. But, both were shut off immediately.
    Oops. Clarification was in order, but I think if the entire message had been read, the majority of OPs needs were clear.

Suggestion to OP - Always backup your files at least daily, so you don't have to negotiate with your provider to get your data.
    This is the best signature in the world....Tribute!
    (It is not the best signature in the world, no. This is just a tribute)
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by fahad1990 View Post
    I have written a complaint in the HostICan forum, a copy of the company's complaint here, but, unfortunately, may have been deleted to stop me from entering?
    This is indicative of the quality of service and professionalism in dealing with customers?

No comment

===========
    ===========
    vBulletin Message

You have been banned for the following reason:
    Negative post

Date the ban will be lifted: Never

All times are GMT +3. The time now is 02:34 AM.

Contact Us - Return to the HostICan Home Page - Archive - Top

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
    Copyright ©2000 - 2009, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 2003 - 2008 HostICan. All Rights Reserved

fahad1990,

If you are really blocked because of writing a negative review, it is terrible. Then, why should the forum exists?

Is their forum is only for writing good reviews?

If I am on their shoes having some language barrier with the customer, I would ask him the ticket ID's which he have opened and try to solve the issue.

More over before canceling, I will confirm twice or thrice so that no issues will occur like this.
      0 Not allowed!

I am sorry for your loss, but it seems that you have been shafted by this hosting company. Generally when you are banned from a host forum and they are not answering their emails. Then they just want you to go away and to keep whatever type of good rep that they might have with their current and future customers. I hope that you do have local backups of your sites, as it is more than likely they have deleted both of your VPS's all together more than likely and keeping the rest of your contract funds.

I would try to stay away from hosts that think they are benefiting by keeping paid in monies for remaining time. They are benefiting now, since they do not have to refund the money from their account to yours, but they will do as all the others do eventually by using this business practice. Fall in the gutter. Also, never pay for a whole year, unless it is a highly reputable company. I don't believe this one is.
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by AugustaData View Post
    Also, never pay for a whole year, unless it is a highly reputable company. I don't believe this one is.
    You are right. But, this is really an unfair method of dealing things and the host should take care of entire data of the customer.

I am bit worried, that the host is not getting contributed in this thread.
      0 Not allowed!

* Banned from HostICan forum

I have written a complaint in the HostICan forum, a copy of the company's complaint here, but, unfortunately, may have been deleted to stop me from entering?
    This is indicative of the quality of service and professionalism in dealing with customers?

No comment

===========
    ===========
    vBulletin Message

You have been banned for the following reason:
    Negative post

Date the ban will be lifted: Never

All times are GMT +3. The time now is 02:34 AM.

Contact Us - Return to the HostICan Home Page - Archive - Top

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
    Copyright ©2000 - 2009, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 2003 - 2008 HostICan. All Rights Reserved
    This is an outrage! They banned you because you post a negative comment? Ridiculous.
    Anyway i saw your post - you wrote yesterday - in their "community forum".
    I wish you good luck.
    Professional Email Marketing - Switzerland Web Hosting - Dedicated Servers (Worldwide) - VPS - RIPE membership - Company Formation (EU/US/ASIA)
    If you need anything just hit me up on MSN/Skype/ICQ/AIM or you can just send me a PM anytime
      0 Not allowed!

thanks for your responds guys.. I really appreciate that...

Yesterday I call the hostican company on this number: +18044120390 & I talked to some one called Mike, I told him about the problem I have & ask him to find a solution for this terrible situation, he asked me to recall him after 20 minutes..

since yesterday till now, I'm calling & no body is answering me except the answering machine!

I recorded more that 10 voice massages about the problem & I left my phone number but with out any response...

I wanna ask you my friends, are'nt there any companies that are apecialized in such cases? or any Lawyers who can help me in such situation & are specialized in these cases? or what is the solution from your point of view? as what I want is a back up for my websites & the rest of the price ( for the remaining 3 months for each of the 2 VPSs) + a Compensation for the damage they've caused to me and my customers..

after all of this, I advice no one to deal with such company who does not has a professional attitude towards its customers, no good services, no technical support & no good understanding even!

Don't deal with a company with an annual contract unless you are sure of this company, its truthfulness & honesty
    Last edited by fahad1990; 06-27-2009 at 10:22 AM.
      0 Not allowed!

after all of this, I advice no one to deal with such company who does not has a professional attitude towards its customers, no good services, no technical support & no good understanding even!

Don't deal with a company with an annual contract unless you are sure of this company, its truthfulness & honesty
    The above statement is more effective than pursuing a lawyer.

Infact, lxncode coming into the thread and posting initially and not following up with the posts in the thread lends total credence to your assertions. That is pretty weak to come into a thread and offer a retort to an initial statement, then once the heat starts to rise, he disappears from the conversation. He would have been better served to make no statement at all.

As a member of the forum you have the privilege to offer reviews and advice, so just offer up your honest opinions and experiences when the time warrants it. Don't be nasty about it... that turns people off as well. Honest constructive criticism is a powerful thing.

If they eventually make the situation right with you, then you need make sure and let everyone know that as well and move on.

I keep a pad and a pencil next to my desk and make notes of potential providers. This group is not in good column, and it is not because of your issue with them, all hosts will have issues in some form or another, but how they have responded.

Hosts are not required to come to these threads and respond, but obviously they are reading them.... and a good host would definitely try to find a resolution and not post a TOS link and move on.

Of course, that is just my opinion.
    Mike
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by WebHostDog View Post
    VPS servers are not exaclty dedicated so you may expect some limitaions like RAM and bandwidth. If you really like own server you should go for Dedicated. There you can use the max power.
    I would have to agree with this post.
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by wbacky View Post
    I would have to agree with this post.
    At the same time, people use a VPS to offset the cost of the hardware.

It works both ways.

It should be standard to maintain a saved state of a VPS upon termination of the client for say 7 days or so. So even if this does become an issue (perhaps the client is on holiday, busy, sick etc) it can be rectified, even if the host is at fault or (in this case) bad communication.
    HostGuard.net - VPS Control Panel
    Automating and monitoring your hosting business.
      0 Not allowed!

I'm astonished that a client's account and data can be treated so cavalierly, based on assumptions really, without clarifying what was meant by the email that started all of this.

Speaking of that email, I don't understand the point in canceling 3 months prior to the end of the term, unless there was some hope in getting a partial refund? In any case, this scenario is one which should motivate everyone to maintain offsite backups.

Best of luck to Fahad. As to the host, this would be a great opportunity to help a customer and at the same time help repair a damaged reputation. Of course if the VPS containers are already rebuilt and resold (just speculating) then there isn't much to be done about that.
    ██ UBERHOST
    NEXT GENERATION HOSTING
    Managed dedicated & shared hosting
      0 Not allowed!

Wow, this seems to me to be a pretty much utter failure on the part of hostican support. As has been stated several times in this thread, someone there should have asked for clarification prior to proceeding.

Also having worked for a large hosting/VPS company, we *ALWAYS* gave a buffer time prior to fully removing client content. Our hardware wasn't stressed to the point to where we needed to remove accounts ASAP like this and you'd be surprised at the number of mistakes that happen like this. It's always nice to be able to say "hey, sorry, $person made a mistake, but we've reactivated your account."

Also what about backups? Do they keep them and is it possible to restore your VPSs from said backups? If they can't do that, then I'd start to ask some other questions about their operations. =\
      0 Not allowed!

I think the lack of response here from the host, other than the initial reply, obviously misinterpreting OP's post, is starting to look negative on HostICan.

I, for one, would rather have a host that says "opps, sorry, made a mistake" than wrongfully accuse then disappear.

The customer is (usually) always right, even when they are wrong. But when their right, and you make them wrong, something IS wrong. That's just not good business, and this is not the venue to let things like that slide. I've seen WHT make 'em, I've seen WHT break 'em.

With the bad way they have handled this issue, banning from their forums, not returning phone calls when they obviously could do something, I've sure scratched them off my list of "good hosts". Killing service when time is still on the account, even if it was a mistake, and then just avoiding the issue like the plague in order to not refund or at least give service, is, well, thievery. I don't say that lightly. Given the post they made themselves of OPs email, I see where they obviously make a mistake in interpreting. Not owing up places them right there with the kiddies hosts in my book. Are they that hard up for a few bucks?
    Are they going to let the minimal amount of money buy them all the bad juju?

From what I'm seeing, they are more interested in being right than doing right.
    Hope they have either rectified privately with OP or at least try to seem to care.
    This is the best signature in the world....Tribute!
    (It is not the best signature in the world, no. This is just a tribute)
      0 Not allowed!

thanks for all who spend time to reply.I appreciate it guys...

I'm still waiting for a solution for this problem which made websites (that were working since the year 2000) simply stop in a moment...

imagine if (hostican) does not have a back up...websites which are 10 years old will be lost for ever!!!
      0 Not allowed!

I'm still waiting for a solution to get the back up & the customers' websites...
      0 Not allowed!

good lucky
      0 Not allowed!

ok guys...

can any body advice me about what to do now? I'm facing a really uncomfortable situation with the websits owners.....

?????
      0 Not allowed!

Exclamation

We have found yesterday, one of our vpsS are ONLINE but have not been able to log in?

vps 2- http://208.79.207.82

Do not know

The company will serve its mistakes and give us the right?
    Or are they a new customer to the server?
    Or is it the abuse and destruction of our own in our files and their contents?

I do not know why all this?
    Did not see how the company deals with customers in my life?
    Taking our sites and took 3 months to the amount paid for each VPS?

No justice, no justice for the victims of

vps 2- http://208.79.207.82 ONLINE now
      0 Not allowed!

I would like to take the time to address some of the threads here. The customer, asked us to close the account. While he may twist words saying that he didn't, he actually did. Why would we close accounts that makes us money? That just makes no sense.

The fact that the VPS's are online, simply means that other customers have ordered and have been provisioned with the same IP.

Like we have told "Fahad" over and over again, when he agreed to have his accounts closed, the data was removed from our servers and backups. I'm shocked to see that a customer isn't aware that if you cancel an account, your data actually will be removed from the server?!

I'm sorry Fahad, but your account is closed, you asked us to close it, we did it. You can't go back and blame us and ajust text about what you requested us to do, in order to make us look bad.
      0 Not allowed!

Let me just say this... of course you have some responsibility in this, but of course Hostican pulled the trigger way too fast with you. Of course, they realize this as they stopped posting in the thread and hope that you probably just drift away into the sunset.

A real provider, who chose to post once in this thread, would have come back to explain their side. They chose to drop in at the beginning and throw in what they thought would be a thread quieting response. Of course, when they saw that other supported your assertions, they stopped visiting.

This is a promise.... until they come back and finish up addressing your issue, I will make it a personal mission to address "hostican" as the company that not does not give a "S*IT" about it customers. They stand by their statements in this thread alone... and their no response validates that fact.

Good luck to you!
    Mike
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by lnxcode View Post
    I would like to take the time to address some of the threads here. The customer, asked us to close the account. While he may twist words saying that he didn't, he actually did. Why would we close accounts that makes us money? That just makes no sense.

The fact that the VPS's are online, simply means that other customers have ordered and have been provisioned with the same IP.

Like we have told "Fahad" over and over again, when he agreed to have his accounts closed, the data was removed from our servers and backups. I'm shocked to see that a customer isn't aware that if you cancel an account, your data actually will be removed from the server?!

I'm sorry Fahad, but your account is closed, you asked us to close it, we did it. You can't go back and blame us and ajust text about what you requested us to do, in order to make us look bad.
    Can you produce where he asked for both VPS's accounts to be closed?

If there is another version of what he originally presented, I think some of us would like to see it. From what he originally posted, at the very least you should have asked some questions, becuase most of us certainly could not tell whether he wanted both VPS's shut down.
    Mike
      0 Not allowed!

well,, it's a good opportunity that the company's representative is here finally!!

I have many questions that need to be answered plz...

first..why don't you let the others see my request that I've send in order to make you cancel (2VPSs) if you said so?why you ran away from the begining & came now with only one little reply my friend? now you are saying there is no back up? ok,, why didn't you reply on my request to transfer the domain & to know the last day for me on the VPSs at least??

where is the rest of the price I've paid? still, there is 3 (already paid) months for me on each VPS (which makes them 6 month in total)!

http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showpo...42&postcount=2

this is an evidence for what I'm saying sir..

and the following link include my letter

http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showpo...82&postcount=4

it shows the domain of the VPS I ment to be cancelled..so, Is there 2 VPSs holding the same domain name? I don't think so.. beside that, I've already mention the account's password,,and each VPS has a different account!

and for a more clear picture, this is a print screen of my own PC showing my letter to the company and you can see the e-mail address, domain name & billing password at the bottom...

http://up4.m5zn.com/9bjndthcm6y53q1w.../tez37cpyi.jpg

http://www.up-00.com/oqfiles/p4w53895.jpg

by the way sir,is it the professionalism here what makes you contact with my own customers and give them my own information????????????????????

by which law you can spread these private information my friend??

you reply to my customers, give them my own information & refuse to reply to even a one single question of mine!!!!

I don't think that It's your right to spread my information here & there..I don't think that at all..especially when you are refusing to talk to me my dear...

I'm sorry to all others who are reading this, but being polite & professional with some one who did not do so is a mistake sometimes...
      0 Not allowed!

I was reading the whole post... But it's hard to get a timeline of the events.

What do you guys think about this: (I think that's what happened here ...)

1. Client gets his sites on the VPS machines
    2. 8 months of happy hosting
    3. Sites grew / mail server gone wild.
    3. vps got slower in time – client opened a support ticket
    4. Tech support is not obligated to help much (as it's unmanaged) logged in to check what is happening
    5. Tech support found 4K emails pushing and slowing the whole hardware node, but do not do any technical intervention (as it is unmanaged) - regardless to the fact the whole hardware node is suffering.
    6. Client still feels a slow performance on his VPS machine,- and was notified about the emails - still asks for help yet again.
    7. No help from the company
    8. Client request to terminate an account of his vps as he is not happy with the product they sold him. (Company is happy as this solved the hardware slowdown for other costumers on the node)
    9. Client got terminated and his data was deleted.

The Major question - how long it took from the request to the actual termination.

And by all means, I know they are not obligated but why not mail him and confirm the request - even more than one time – and of course letting your client know he must backup his data!!!

The fact this is unmanaged is one thing, but I'm sure the company knows the language barrier of their client (they managed to sell him their products didn’t they?),

Why not inform the client and make sure he did a backup to his data????

As I see it – termination should work like so – (in case the client terminates the account before the end of the contract).

1. Termination request
    2. Client notification – state clearly to backup the data , and send mail back to tell you, that you are clear to terminate
    3. Confirmation received – Go ahead Terminate.

The bottom line, the customer is always right, and while terminating an account – as an act of good faith, ANY company must allow the client to leave the same way as they received him - WITH A SMILE AND GOOD ATTITUDE!

Anyhow, that's my point of view, and I really wonder what the actual timeline was.

could the OP or the company clarify?
      0 Not allowed!

Thumbs down

This Is The Timeline of the events

1- I received a message from the firewall

===
    lfd on server.------.com: WHM root access alert from 95.43.182.2 (BG/Bulgaria/office-eu.hostican.com)‏
    Sent: 25 June 2009 17:24:26
    To: root@server.--------.com

Time: Thu Jun 25 20:24:23 2009 +0300IP: 95.43.182.2 (BG/Bulgaria/office-eu.hostican.com)

=====

2- I opened a ticket and asked why the infiltration of hostican to my root?

====

RE: [#PSM-375070]: HostICan | Support Request:------
    .com‏
    Sent: 25 June 2009 17:36:51
    To: support@hostican.com

I would like to Ask What is the reason for entering the control panel on your part ?

====

3-Their response was different from my question,

====

-A

[#PSM-375070]: HostICan | Support Request: ------.com‏
    Sent: 25 June 2009 17:40:54
    To: ----@hotmail.co.uk

Hello Fahad,How many emails you intend to send cause it is slowing down the whole hardware node.

-B

[#PSM-375070]: HostICan | Support Request: ---------.com‏
    Sent: 25 June 2009 17:45:28
    To: -----@hotmail.co.uk

Hello,Ok cause stats saying you have send more than 7000 in last hour.

================

4- Repeated the same question several times? What is the reason for entering my root ,And reminded them that I intend to end in this VPS

================

RE: [#PSM-375070]: HostICan | Support Request: -------.com‏
    Sent: 25 June 2009 17:51:44

hi

Send has ended now

i send 4577 ?

I would like to Ask What is the reason for entering the control panel on your part ?

I sent you terminate the contract for this server since the 5-day have not received any response? I do not know how long I will stay on this server? And when should it be moved

fahad

[#PSM-375070]: HostICan | Support Request: -----.com‏
    Sent: 25 June 2009 17:57:11
    To: -----@hotmail.co.uk

Hello,We are entering to see whats going on cause this is affecting our business (slowing down the whole hardware node).

======================

5-Then repeated my request to end this VPS , We were talking at the problem with this VPS, this is the ticket open for this VPS only, and The domain name For this VPS,
    All of this is not clear for them ?

======================

RE: [#PSM-375070]: HostICan | Support Request: -------.com‏
    Sent: 25 June 2009 17:55:56

Cancellation‏
    Sent: 20 June 2009 14:58:23
    To: billing@hostican.com

E-mail: -----@hotmail.co.uk / -----@hotmail.co.uk

Domain Name: -----.com

Billing Password : -----

Hosting Plan: vps -rage

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Subject: Cancellation
    Date: Sat, 20 Jun 2009 14:39:01 +0000

Cancellation Reason
    hi

I would like to Cancelll you have my account because of the lack of technical support, and your rates because of the high and the lack of discounts or offers, and I would like to transfer domain, so please notify me for the amount remaining to me as I have not completed the 12 month, and notify me when will be the last day I will have on the server so that the I move my sites to another server,

and thank you

fahad

E-mail: --------@hotmail.co.uk / --------@hotmail.co.uk

Domain Name: ------.com

Billing Password : -------

=====================

6-Here I told them that I have 2 VPS, one is slow and has problems and I want to leave, which WE spoken By, and other good and I want to keep, and i put their the domain names for 2 VPS

====================

RE: [#PSM-375070]: HostICan | Support Request: --------.com‏
    Sent: 25 June 2009 18:01:06

hi

From the first day and I have a very slow and I informed you that the server but not improve the situation and for this reason that I would like to finish this contract and leave the server? www.---1-----.com

Please note that I have a different server, but very fast and no any of the problems and will therefore keep ? www.----2-----.com

yours

fahad

======================

7-Here the account is closed and i opened new ticket and sent a fresh reminder + It was not a letter, several letters, but since that day until now I did not find any definitive answer ?

======================

RE: [#EXU-685697]: HostICan | Support Request: ------.com‏
    Sent: 25 June 2009 18:28:49

www.-----1------.com

Network Error (tcp_error)

A communication error occurred: ""
    The Web Server may be down, too busy, or experiencing other problems preventing it from responding to requests. You may wish to try again at a later time.

For assistance, contact your network support team

RE: [#KAZ-312880]: HostICan | Support Request: -------.com‏
    Sent: 25 June 2009 19:04:17

hi

Are you my answer quickly?
    Why the server is disabled and what are the reasons? Since any time the server is disabled?
    Could you have answered these questions

fahad

RE: [#EXU-685697]: HostICan | Support Request: -------.com‏
    Sent: 25 June 2009 19:04:54

hi

Are you my answer quickly?
    Why the server is disabled and what are the reasons? Since any time the server is disabled?
    Could you have answered these questions

fahad

RE: [#KAZ-312880]: HostICan | Support Request: -------.com‏
    Sent: 25 June 2009 19:38:03

hi

I want an answer as I waited more than an hour, but you did not respond ?
    So please reply?

If I can not find your response, I apologize as I will write a complaint about your company in www.webhostingtalk.com and this problem

I would like to solve this problem here or get me to go there to find a solution

yours

fahad

FW: Cancellation‏
    Sent: 25 June 2009 21:11:25

thanks

http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?t=871452

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Date: Sat, 20 Jun 2009 14:58:23 +0000

E-mail: ----------/ -------
    Domain Name: -------.com

Billing Password : ------

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Date: Sat, 20 Jun 2009 14:39:01 +0000

Cancellation Reason
    hi

I would like to Cancelll you have my account because of the lack of technical support, and your rates because of the high and the lack of discounts or offers, and I would like to transfer domain, so please notify me for the amount remaining to me as I have not completed the 12 month, and notify me when will be the last day I will have on the server so that the I move my sites to another server,

and thank you

fahad

E-mail: -------------- / --------------

Domain Name: ------.com

Billing Password : -----

This vps had a single site only, vBulletin forum , is working very, very slowly

Because of that, the sites had been transferred to 2nd vps ?

There are only a backup, and one site is closed,

Who can believe that only one site, and visitors is limited, bring harm to the Hard Ware

Everything is very clear to all?

Thank all those who said the right word here

Was the main reason for the non-renewal of contract with them, the lack of discounts, and the lack of cooperation on technical support, and slow server,
    Today, they are advised by the acting, but too late

http://www.hostican.com/image_files/...Celebrate3.jpg
    Last edited by fahad1990; 07-09-2009 at 11:18 AM.
      0 Not allowed!

Still waiting for lnxcode to backup their side with actual events and documentation.

Hostican still gets the "scratched off" my list reputation until they resolve the issue with the OP.

Imagine how fast we would see posted documentation if they were clearly in the "right".
    Mike
      0 Not allowed!

@fahad HostICan's US office is about 15 miles from my house (24.14km) and if you want I can try to go down and talk to them. Maybe knowing that their client has a person who goes down face to face might scare them?

Even if that doesn't work, I can see what good it might do to report them to the Better Business Bureau (way of settling disputes in America without court, etc.) on your behalf.
      0 Not allowed!

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast