Who offers failover reseller hosting?

Some time ago I stumbled over a company offering failover hosting - where the servers where located in different countries. I cannot remember the company. Any ideas of companies offering this?

Are there any cons about using this form for hosting?

Resellerzoom provides failover reseller hosting solutions. But I had saw negative reviews that made about failover reseller hosting before. Try search reviews from http://www.webhostingtalk.com/search.php
    domainCart - PHP / AJAX Domain and Hosting Order Script | WHMCS Alternative
    Supports 700+ domain extensions, 27+ payment gateways, multi-currency with auto exchange..
    www.domaincart.net | Demo (all in one - without template)

I was more thinking about some redundant hosting where the same site is hosted at 2 different servers not located the same place - perhaps in different countries. When the normal server is not responding - the other server is showing the site. Does this excist?

Quote Originally Posted by Xana View Post
    I was more thinking about some redundant hosting where the same site is hosted at 2 different servers not located the same place - perhaps in different countries. When the normal server is not responding - the other server is showing the site. Does this excist?
    Well, yes.

But it is not good in a reseller setting.

This is because of synchronisation considerations with respect to the fail-over and fail-back. The problem is more acute in the fail-back. A large site that does this will have someone who knows when it is safe to fail-back and what has to be done before it happens.

On the other hand, with multiple clients, many of whom may be inexperienced, it would be a nightmare.

Your best compromise in this scenario is to have a primary server and a failover server that hosts only static versions of the sites. That way, there are no synchronisation problems to worry about.
    Last edited by plumsauce; 06-25-2009 at 06:52 PM.
    edgedirector.com
    managed dns global failover and load balance (gslb)
    exactstate.com
    uptime report for webhostingtalk.com

Arrow

Simply buy 2 reseller accounts with 2 different providers.

Then get ssh access, create the same cpanel accounts on your backup reseller plan as are in your main primary reseller plan. Use rsync to keep the /home/[username] directories in sync (say daily rsync'ing). For databases you'd need to write yourself some kind of daily dump-migrate-restore script to keep databases in sync.

Then when there's a major outage on server 1, update dns to switch to server 2. Note this only a very crude failover setup and would only be effective for major outages, lasting longer than 4 hours.
    Deasoft.com Aussie & USA VPS, Reseller & Shared Hosting + WHMreseller & DAreseller
    AutoBillMe.com - The Non-PHP Automated Billing Solution for Web Hosts
    WHMreseller - The first Alpha/Master Reseller Plugin for cPanel
    DAreseller - The first Alpha/Master Reseller Plugin for DirectAdmin

I actually only use my reselleraccount for myself - and it is only some of the accounts I need this service for. Perhaps I should post it in shared hosting instead.

I didn't look much into it, but on the surface, I think http://clonepanel.com/ might be of interest to you.