Need a well price UK reseller

hi everybody and thanks for all your help. I am looking for a well priced UK reseller (their servers MUST be in the UK).

My host at the moment has some downtime, and a few problems with emails, so need someone reliable.

Unfortunately I have a low budget looking at the $10, though if they are really good, and have phone support, I may stretch to about $15, but ideally a bit cheeper. At the moment I have 3gb space and 90gb bandwidth. tiny more space wouldn't hurt but isnt a must. Any suggestions?

Look at Reseller Hosting Offers at http://www.webhostingtalk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=130
    domainCart - PHP / AJAX Domain and Hosting Order Script | WHMCS Alternative
    Supports 700+ domain extensions, 27+ payment gateways, multi-currency with auto exchange..
    www.domaincart.net | Demo (all in one - without template)

I think your budget may be a bit on the low side to expect the best of everything and telephone support etc; is there any reason you need telephone support?

1&1 do offer packages that will fit in a $15 budget and 24/7 telephone support, but not sure how many domains you can host with them.

Good luck
    Xcellweb.net - Quality Web Solutions That Work!
    █ Web Hosting | Web Servers | Shoutcast | Domain Names

Providing High Quality Web Solutions Since July 2002!
    AgilityHosting.net - UK & European cPanel Web Hosting

Ok, fair enough, aslong as email support has a fair response time. Have been looking at skynethosting.net but I am finding mixed reviews of them.

For a $10-15 budget you will need to contact the host to see if they can offer you a deal, as I don’t think you will find any hosting reseller that offers plans that low by default.
    MegaHost UK
    SSD Autoscaling Cloud Hosting
    Linux, Windows and WordPress Hosting | Reseller Hosting | VPS Hosting | VOIP |

Hi megahostuk, your plans seem to match that criteria though? £10gbp per month would fit my budget.

How many domains are you looking to host?

Do you need anything like end user support, WHMCS, master reseller rights etc?

What other features are you looking for?
    MegaHost UK

not too bothered about end user support, as long as i can get in contact with support myself, within a reasonable time. Need WHM and Cpanel, and good reliance if poss. Overselling would be nice, but not a must.

There is no harm in asking any potential new host for a trial of their service and/or permission to throw in some "test" support requests to judge response times from that.

That way, you can throw them in at all hours of the day, and see if the support is any good - response times at least.

As mentioned above, it is always worth contacting hosts for bespoke packages, and maybe even enter discussion with them prior to choosing them (and maybe get a trial etc) - at this point, from what you say, I am assuming you have customers - in which case, you need to ensure that the service is top-notch, because you have a responsibility to provide the level of service your customers should deserve.

Your budget is certainly on the low end, but if as you say you don't need to many extras and just want a working reseller account with decent support.

Just be careful that the host you choose in the UK is real and complys with DSR (distance selling regulations) these are just basic checks to see they actually are a 'real business'.

Perhaps you can get the pricing down for you first month and try to build up some revenue but it will be hard to find.

Given that 15 dollars is about 9 pounds at the moment.
    Data Republic - UK Managed Servers - Server Management - Managed Backup/R1Soft
    Follow us on Twitter to get exclusive sales & updates.
    R1Soft Agents Monthly !

1&1 do offer packages that will fit in a $15 budget and 24/7 telephone support, but not sure how many domains you can host with them.
    Are those reseller accounts, or have similar functionality? I don't believe they do.

I doubt your going to find anyone with 24/7 support for the amount your willing to pay, do you have any preference on location?

If im honest, im not entirely sure; I remember a friend saying he was hosting lots of websites for family using one of these accounts (he came across as though each one had its own control panel etc).

It was the only web host I could think of that would provide telephone support on plan's with such low pricing. They may well not be reseller looking at it a bit closer though.

You may be able to get phone support but not 24/7 just during UK working hours say 9am-11pm.
    MegaHost UK

I would shortlist a few hosts then ask for a trial.
    MegaHost UK

It's very unlikely any host would provide a free trial, as that just opens them to abuse and legal troubles.

The easiest would be to draw up a list of real companies offer hosting on UK servers and then ask to perhaps get the first months price down.

The vast majority of hosts give some sort of money back guarantee anyway.

Do be careful from hosts that don't comply with DSR (no contact details on the site for example).
    Data Republic - UK Managed Servers - Server Management - Managed Backup/R1Soft
    Follow us on Twitter to get exclusive sales & updates.
    R1Soft Agents Monthly !

Yeah, ok, sorry got conversion rates mixed up. £10 would be fine. And phone support in UK office hours is likewise fine.

Quote Originally Posted by mangomonkey View Post
    Yeah, ok, sorry got conversion rates mixed up. £10 would be fine. And phone support in UK office hours is likewise fine.
    Hi,

£10 a month should get you a good hosting plan.

When choosing your host, make sure you understand what is included and what is not included. Try and find a plan that has all your needs met, so you don't find yourself needing another host anytime soon.

I would also recommend looking for a plan with more features than you currently need, this way you have room to grow in the future without the worry of needing to find more hosting.

Good luck with your search and let me know if you want any advice on anything.
    The Hosting Heroes Ltd - over 20 years in the UK hosting industry.
    Website Hosting | Reseller Hosting | Cloud VPS Servers | Dedicated Servers | VPS Reseller for WHMCS
    www.thehostingheroes.com

Thanks. Any suggestions of a solid one?

If you can stretch to £15 p/m try http://www.clook.co.uk/services/reseller

You may be interested in 1&1's services?

You can try webhostingbuzz, it having UK contact address/phone and charging only $12.95.

HostingChef, we appreciate your recommendation. To be completely forthcoming with the prospect, I thought it would be appropriate to make sure he is aware that our servers are not based in the UK.

As much as we would love to have you as a client, our datacenters are not located in the United Kingdom. Our CEO, however, is - if that counts for anything. I could run a benchmark to see how well Matt's brain handles TCP/IP connections if you would like!

Our three datacenters are all located in the United States as per our Technology Page, found here:

#1 - Clifton, NJ
    #2 - Dallas, TX
    #3 - Atlanta, GA

Thanks for your consideration and best of luck!
    Tyler Thompson
    Marketing Manager
    WebHostingBuzz.com | Shared, Business, Reseller, VPS, and Dedicated Hosting
    WebHostingBuzz Hosting, Marketing, Secuity and Technology Blog

I would stay away from 1and1, they are a very bad network and are actually located in Germany.

For £10 you should easily get a very good plan for that in terms of reseller.

Best,
    SIP Trunking and VoIP Lines, Numbering (DIDs and DDIs), Low Cost Minute add-ons, Secure SIP and VoIP. Business and Enterprise Grade Quality, Low Cost and Highly Competitive. Available at: https://www.voipyonder.com/