Im not sure what I need here :)

I am not new too hosting but I am new to this aspect. I host people, I do not charge them for it, they are just friends, Do you know of any companies that have more than one cpanel account per hosting plan or a RELIABLE reseller company. Would I be better off getting a dedicated server or a Virtual server? I am not sure of the difference. Thanks in advance

It depends on resources that hosted websites use. How many sites do you have currently hosted with you?

About 10 but there is gonna be more

I don't think you need a dedicated server although getting a good amount of guaranteed resources would be wise to avoid any problems with growing. You'll probably be surprised to know that your friends would help "chip in" for you hosting their websites when you tell them you need to upgrade to make sure their sites stay up and working fast.
    - Donovan K
    Want to monitor and manage your customers Windows systems by Client software, web portal, or mobile phone?
    Automated scripts, patching, and remote access too? Ask me how!

If they consume low resources, just get a Reseller account, a VPS/Dedicated may be more of a headache for you.
    madgenius.com - S Corp. We are US based company.
    Web Hosting, Cloud VPS, and Dedicated Solutions since 1998
    Also offering custom solutions and automated provisioning for most services

I wrote an article on dedicated servers and VPSes a while back (http://coldkill.co.uk/dedication-virtually/) I'm going to link that because it's quite a large post.

A reseller account would really be the way to go for you. I can't really recommend any shared providers off the top of my head though, but in some instances, a VPS would be cheaper but if you don't have the experience in running a server, you will want to purchase a management package.

A reseller account is what you need.

Thanks guys I have a reseller now but lately its driving me crazy.

Why is it driving you crazy?
    eVerity.com
    Celebrating 9 years of customer service. Domain names, shared/semi-dedicated/dedicated hosting, SSL certificates, merchant accounts, reseller options, and referral program, since July 2000.

any idea on what kind of space and bandwidth you are using now? doubt you'd need a vps or dedicated but you will have to look at how much resources you need

You should look at getting a reseller plan with a reputable provider such as HostGator.
    Michael Denney - MDDHosting.com - Proudly hosting more than 37,700 websites since 2007.
    Ultra-Fast Cloud Shared and Pay-By-Use Reseller Hosting Powered by LiteSpeed!
    cPanel • Free SSL • 100% Uptime SLA • 24/7 Support
    Class-leading support that responds in minutes, not days.

Maybe you need to change providers and look for a better reseller package.

I'd also recommend Surpass Hosting (http://www.surpasshosting.com/) or HostDime (http://www.hostdime.com) depending on the level of support you need. Excellent companies and a bit more reasonable than HostGator.
    PeakVPN.Com | Complete Privacy VPN | Cloud Hosting | Guaranteed Security | 1Gbps-10Gbps Unmetered
    PeakVPN | 31 VPN Servers | 17-Years Experience | Emergency 24/7 Support
    Visit us @ PeakVPN.Com (Coming SOON) | ASN: 3915

Do you know of any companies that have more than one cpanel account per hosting plan
    I don't know if this is still the case, but Site5 used to have some shared hosting packages (Multisite or something like that) that gave you that ability. Do read the terms and conditions carefully, because I'm not sure you were allowed to host other people's sites/resell. There were also some inodes limits (you might have to check the knowledgebase or wiki for that).

Would I be better off getting a dedicated server or a Virtual server?
    IMHO, a reseller account should be just fine. The friends that need a VPS, better buy themselves one.

Quote Originally Posted by serverorigin View Post
    I'd also recommend Surpass Hosting (http://www.surpasshosting.com/) or HostDime (http://www.hostdime.com) depending on the level of support you need. Excellent companies and a bit more reasonable than HostGator.
    Thank you for the recommendation. (I also couldn't help but notice your location, it's a shocker because that's where I was born. You probably know very well that city name never comes up.)

And I agree that is a reseller account is perfect for a handful of sites that are relatively low maintenance.
    Surpass / Shared, Reseller, VPS & Dedi
    Hosting and helping you since 2002
    http://surpasshosting.com

Quote Originally Posted by ldcdc View Post
    I don't know if this is still the case, but Site5 used to have some shared hosting packages (Multisite or something like that) that gave you that ability. Do read the terms and conditions carefully, because I'm not sure you were allowed to host other people's sites/resell. There were also some inodes limits (you might have to check the knowledgebase or wiki for that).
    Indeed we still do offer our Multisite-based shared accounts. We do not allow reselling on these, but if you're just hosting a couple friend's sites, you should be just fine.

We do have a soft inode limit; however, that being said, an inode "violation" will not get your account suspended by itself unless it is in conjunction with a second (more major) violation such as hosting copyrighted MP3s or similar.

<<signature to be setup in your profile>>
    Last edited by anon-e-mouse; 06-26-2009 at 05:26 AM.