Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

* What all Payment Methods to Accept ?

hi
    We have Just Started a New Web Hosting Company <<snipped>> and we are currently offering Paypal as the Only Payment Option What All Payment options are Required.
    Last edited by net; 06-24-2009 at 11:22 PM.

The more methods you accept, the broader your customer base can be. Some people like to pay by paypal, but others like to use a credit card directly. If you don't want to get a merchant account, then get a place like 2checkout so you can easily accept credit cards.

Other options are services like egold, google checkout, etc....
    PlatinumServerManagement (also known as PSM)
    The OLDEST and LARGEST and MOST TRUSTED server management provider in the USA, with 15+ employees and growing!
    Providing quality support for OVER 21 years! Currently supporting over 3,000+ servers monthly!

www.PlatinumServerManagement.com Proud member of the NJ BBB & Chamber of Commerce & Authorized cPanel Partner.

Some customers also look for offline payment methods like check, wire transfer, money order etc.

I mostly pay my bills by Western Money Order. I love it. Many hosts do just paypal or Credit Cards. I look into every and any payment type most common is paypal and money order for me that I use.

Agreed to the above. We use Paypal and 2CO. We've actually been more pleased with 2CO but Google Checkout isn't bad either. We just had tons of fraud through Google and quit using them.
    PeakVPN.Com | Complete Privacy VPN | Cloud Hosting | Guaranteed Security | 1Gbps-10Gbps Unmetered
    PeakVPN | 31 VPN Servers | 17-Years Experience | Emergency 24/7 Support
    Visit us @ PeakVPN.Com (Coming SOON) | ASN: 3915

I recommend you to get maxmind also to protect from fraud.

Specially 4 U
    Reseller Hosting: Boost Your Websites | Fully Managed KVM VPS: 3.20 - 5.00 Ghz, Pure Dedicated Power
    JoneSolutions.Com is on the net 24/7 providing stable and reliable web hosting solutions, server management and services since 2001
    Debian|Ubuntu|cPanel|DirectAdmin|Enhance|Webuzo|Acronis|Estela|BitNinja|Nginx

/agree we've been very happy with Maxmind.
    PeakVPN.Com | Complete Privacy VPN | Cloud Hosting | Guaranteed Security | 1Gbps-10Gbps Unmetered
    PeakVPN | 31 VPN Servers | 17-Years Experience | Emergency 24/7 Support
    Visit us @ PeakVPN.Com (Coming SOON) | ASN: 3915

we have added maxmind and signed up with 2checkout and will add cheque payment/westen unioun what others are needed what certifications we need to apply for boosting confience of customers which ssl certificate should we go for

I think those are all the tope payment Gateways. Most people would pay by Credit Card and Paypal.

Any startup level SSL should do for this. SSL123 from Thawte is an option.

i suggest you to offer your clients
    bank wire payments
    western union
    money gram
    credit card

good luck

We accept bank wires, credit cards, PayPal and checks. We try to get PayPal and credit card info before mentioning that we accept checks, because they are always late!

Best of Luck!
    Stephanie Ostheimer
    Director of Account Management
    SingleHop Dedicated Servers

Besides Paypal and wire transfer, we also accept cash at our office and Moneybookers. No check or credit card though :-)

paypal most common

I'd personally say it's something like this, from what I've seen when I survey people (these are just my opinions, and won't hold true for you if your niche varies from mine, which it probably does).

~60% are ok with paypal AND direct credit card transactions. They will do either no matter where they buy something from. So long as you offer paypal OR cc, these folks are happy.
    ~20% want cc, and won't do paypal (they feel weird leaving your site to pay and/or think they HAVE to signup to paypal to send you a payment).
    ~15% demand paypal, cc is not an option. Paypal makes these people feel warm and cozy at night.
    ~5% other (check, money order, etc)

I'd take these numbers with a grain of salt, they're more my opinion than anything. I personally fall in the majority in my example, and will pay cc or paypal, whichever I'm asked to, whenever I go to buy something online. I'm not too picky. With that being said though, you want to cover as MANY bases as you can, especially if you're dumping a lot of money into advertising. Nothing hurts worse than knowing that $2000 ad campaign you just ran, only brought in 1/2 of the clients it should have simply because customers couldn't pay with cc, and x% of your potential customers ran away at checkout. The fewer times a customer has to say in their head "well, that other host gave me this option, and this host didn't", the better you'll be.
    Imeanwebhosting.com - Shared cpanel hosting, 99.9% uptime.
    10 min average ticket responses, softaculous, rvsitebuilder, and more!
    Reliable, affordable shared hosting. I Mean Web Hosting!

Depends on you country location. If in US u can use PAYPAL, BANKWIRE, MONEYGRAM, WESTERN UNION, AND CREDIT CARD.
    <<< Please see Forum Guidelines for signature setup. >>>

I swear no one mentioned alertpay or liberty reserve. Not that I accept them anyway, bunch of scam holders...

I use paypal as well as paypal terminal or pro as I can get my money faster then you can with a traditional merchant account.

Debit Card through paypal = instant cash.

Chase banks merchant account is cheap compared to other provider, plus u get ur funds cleared within 24 hours gauranteed
    <<< Please see Forum Guidelines for signature setup. >>>

ok wich is the best method for creditcard is 2checkout good

Credit card or paypal is best for monethly payments , wire transfer will cost you more than your hosting bill

HYBO Power
    a new Renewable Energy Source

One important thing is that customers pay for the hosting service periodically, each month, each 3rd month, 6th month, year. So the system that would charge customers automatically would save you and your customers time. I do not think that paying by wire transfer month by month would be convenient for customers, however that is sure their choice.

Thus you could use payment gateway that could automatically charge your customers' credit cards without any actions from your and your customers' side. Have you though about that?

Just some thoughts about payment process for hosting services :-)

Credit Cards, PayPal and possibly money orders would cover all your major bases.

Without a doubt, I would offer all major credit cards and PayPal. Checks after a certain dollar amount, wire transfer after a certain dollar amount, and maybe money bookers if your trying to be friendly to the whole world. Payment methods depend on your target market.
    Colohouse | P: 877-539-4638 | E: hello@colohouse.com
    Dedicated Servers | Cloud VPS | Colocation | Web Hosting | Public & Private Cloud | IaaS & DRaaS
    Data Centers: New York | Chicago | Miami | Colorado | California | Amsterdam

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast