I'm new to this forum. But I've been sticking around for a while as guest. Today I would like to give a short review on the webhosting I'm using and it's definitely a very good one.
Approaching 1 year now, my website zepx.co.cc was meant to be just a for fun blogsite. However, after I have decided that I need a good hosting, I approached hostmediauk.com. It's definitely something that surprised me as:
- The packages are just so affordable. I'm a student, and after currency exchange rate, the price of it would be much higher. Just hosting with hostmediauk.com gives me a price of 30 per year. It's very affordable I would say. In future I would have to pay for a domain as well. That would sum up to 50.
- The hosting service is just great. Expect uptime to 99.5% As that is what I had obtained from a host tracker.
- Excellent speed. This means my upload and download time would be shorten!
- Service. Their service is great. I had 2 problems with them that were billing and support. Support was quickly solved within a day. However the billing was solved in about 3 days.
Now, I dislike just posting something with pure pros, as there must be a balance of both. This is to push their service to be better.
- They are not very friendly with information and updates. Yes, On their announcement section, the updates are very dated. They should improvise. This would keep us users busy knowing that they have chosen the right host and get to know the host much better.
- Notifications on downtime should be told to their client via email or any other suitable media. Sometimes people will feel panic as whether their webhost has gone, or their whole website got cut of. Anything could happen. If there's a downtime, it should be told.
Other than that, everything works great. This is indeed the greatest host that I've ever came across. My rating would be 8/10. 2 marks gone from the cons that I've given.
Thanks for sharing your 1 year experience with them. Honest and well written review. And your rating also is good 8/10 and you have written 2 points deducted for the cons you felt. More often every review ratings will be 10/10. I am not saying that is bad. But there will be always some weak points since nobody can be completely perfect. The cons are the most important part of the feed back since a provider can really improve by correcting on those. Come back with more updates mate.