My friend here (won't mention any names, whatsoever) -- a member on WHT who owns a semi-medium business -- thinks this is a feasible idea to do. I find it completley bullsh*t, because it makes no sense.

I'm not going to say his age *hint*; but what he told me makes no sense.

His plan (well, he already executed it he claims) is to buy 100 servers from Dell, all high quality power nodes that are like the 'ub3r' best you can configure on Dell (like over 100GB DDR3 RAM etc.) -- they cost at least $35 large (35,000) to $100,000 per node. Let's say we use the middle value -- around 60,000 a month to calculate this idea.

So he says he buys in wholesale..wholesale is good, of course, but what he says makes no sense.

He claims to have gotten 100 servers, so at our median price of 60k, that's 6,000,000 owed to Dell. But here's the funny part; he claims to have gotten a promotion over the phone will Dell for a price of $200/month for 6 months and then slowly pay it off paying under $1k a month afterwords to pay off the $6,000,000 owed -- credit limit of 6 million <--.

Now, his plan is to sell these in a budget formation (under $1500 a month per node) and use $200 to pay off dell, and the rest for colo' charges (yeah, this is a whole rack full of monster nodes using a LOT of power -- must be a lot).

Now is it feasible to pay $200/month? NO. That doesn't even make the least bit of sense. With the 11-25% interest Dell charges, even with let's say 10%, that will take you over 2 lifetimes to pay. Even if he sells them all for $1k a piece, that's $100,000 a month and you owe Dell...6,000,000 + interest and decide to keep the $99,800 for colo charges and your own money...eh..the kid won't beleive me so I'm going to ask you guys to prove him wrong..god I hate wasting my time on this BS >> and he still claims he will show me them when they arrive in a week.

Until then...what can I say?