Thread: My Host

My Host

I am an Australian and I use byethost a American host to park my sites. The reason I am writing this is in appreciation for the help and assistance they have given me over several years. I first chose them as their fees were lower than most.

What has impressed me is there patience and imediate assistance. Due to the time difference I ask a question in the everning and an answer is there in the morning considering there is at least a 10hrs. time delay I still get the feeling they are waiting there to help.

This is my first post otherwise I could give a url. They are a great company and deserve recognition. I do not work for them and would not normaly go out of my way to write a recomendation but they have impressed me with their assistance and this is by way of appreciation.

Terry(SID)
    Webmaster
    Last edited by inkmon; 06-23-2009 at 07:14 PM. Reason: sticky keys - Too much coffee

Great, which domain's do you have parked with them? I understand it's your first post but dont type www. or just simply hit the red report button so a moderator can verify thanks alot.

Hi Thanks for your comment.

I have two domains inkmon.org which I advertise my Universal Ink Jet Monitors. These are quite popular.

A Subdomain logthisbid.inkmon.org A Ebay utility I have created

" " control.inkmon.org A Windows Web-Mail-Memo-App tool that I created to give me a type of roboform - Memo keeper - Web page browser with or without a browser live - email address loader in a mail client form. Soon it will all exist in a military encrypted container on a usb drive key. I keep all my details secure that way and I can have 100's of log in details always available to be used when I want not when a program thinks I do. The memo module is a big asset to me. The 4 modules assist me in my use of Window and gives me what Window and othe utilities cannot do together. There are trials available and help files explaining the various utilities.

mrtworld.com a parked domain to site my personal online garage sale (working on this currently). Great challenge and enjoyble. I need to sell some of my treasures to buy new ones. Being retired funds are tight.

Future projects
    Simple form producer creating a html and matching php form

An Add creator for hosted Ebay adds.

I create utilities primarily for my own use and then if I find that there is merit and that maybe they would be marketable I get some beta testing done and then offer them for sale.

It is a hobby and It pays for my internet usage which is expensive in Australia.
    Web page designing is not my greatest talent but I enjoy doing it. I get a great kick out of seeing a program idea work like a php creation utility that I will use for my online shop. Yes I am enfusiastic about many interests from electronics to plumbing I can weld, turn, do carpentry, Tile, Program nc machines and brew my own beer. That is a few of my indoor persuits. Not enough hours in the day. I have already cut my sleeping time down to 6 hrs max. in't life great

I am currently trying my hands at php got a way to go but I will get there. The guys at byethost.com actually gave me some information on how php forms are constructed so how helpful is that. No wonder I am full of their praise. There are not many that will go that far to not only help but contribute ideas for me to enhance my knowledge. Hats off to them I say. They are tops in my book.

I notice that you also host or advertise it. I have taken your post as an enquiry to me on my comment and hopefully I have answered it in like vane.

Terry
    Last edited by inkmon; 06-23-2009 at 10:43 PM. Reason: coffee on keyboard