Liverpool, England, UK.

Thumbs down UK2 Staff Can't Read English!!

Now I think this is the first time in all my years on here, but this takes the biscuit to be quite frank! Hmmm, order a domain on Sunday morning;

Thier system was messing around; it got to 34% when processing the domain and just stopped. Waited 15 minutes, not luck. Never got any details through the email, just a welcome to UK2 email and that was it.

Used my nod, and thought what my username would be, and managed to retrieve my password. Login to the dashboard, and not working. A few hours later, its letting me login, and shows the invoice for the domain name, but alas no domain name, and it hasnt been registered according to the WHOIS system.

So later on that evening (about 10 hours or so after I registered it), I goes ahead and contacts support, with a ticket entitled When will this domain name be registered??:

Posted On: 21 Jun 2009 09:45 PM

I registered this domain name this morning, however it is yet to go through!!

Please register it! I have paid for it, I don't see what the problem is!

Kind Regards
    Matt Cullum
    A few hours later I get the following response:

Posted On: 22 Jun 2009 12:23 AM

I'm sorry, but we are having intermittent issues with our dashboard program. We are working to fix this issue as soon as possible.

Thank you for your patience.

Best regards,
    Tami Mitchell
    Technical Support Representative.
    UK-2 Ltd
    Obviously, they have not even bothered to read the ticket; I know there is a problem, I don't need them to tell me that, I was merely asking for an ETA as to when it would be registered...

As its now at the 48 hour stage, I decide to respond to the ticket:

Posted On: 23 Jun 2009 09:47 AM

Any updates on this as yet?

And just to prove they don't/can't read English support tickets, I get another completely irrelevant response:

Posted On: 23 Jun 2009 02:32 PM

Dear Matt,

I have been able to access your Dashboard ( using the following credentials:
    User: ***************
    Pass: **********************

If you have forgotten your password, this can be retrieved by visiting

If Dashboard access was the problem you were referring to, the order seems to have been completed and your Dashboard is now accessible. If you are having a seperate issue from this, please describe in detail what you are trying to do and I will be happy to assist you.
    Jeff Terry
    Technical Support

UK-2 Ltd

Account Login Page:

Domain Control Panel:

Knowledgebase & Frequently Asked Questions:
    Well, if he had bothered to even take any notice of the support ticket title, nevermind the ticket itself, he would have seen my problem was not with the dashboard not working, but the fact the domain isnt registered.

So I takes a look at my credit card statement...

21 Jun
    WWW.UK2.NET 0845 2768020 GBR
    Yep, they taken the payment just fine, but have zero interest in providing the service ive paid for.

Nice one, I know to stay away in the future; the domain name isnt even that important, so I cant even be bothered with them anymore, ive been waiting for 60 hours now, and nothing... ill just leave it as a lesson learned, a few quid lost, and warning to stay away from anything UK2 in the future.

Not only was their support exceptionally slow (frustrating enough), but it was lame as well! - Quality Web Solutions That Work!
    █ Web Hosting | Web Servers | Shoutcast | Domain Names

Providing High Quality Web Solutions Since July 2002! & - No-frills budget web hosting, VPS, shoutcast and domain names!

San Francisco
    Sorry to hear, try contacting Ditlev here He will be able to straighten any problems you are having. Best of Luck!

Hi Matt, As GCM suggests, contact Ditlev, or alternatively myself, and we'll make sure this gets sorted out for you. I'll make sure the support ticket in question gets seen by the appropriate people too, as the support you received was clearly sub-standard in this case.