Problem with transferring my domain, need help

Hi everyone,

I have a problem with transferring my domain, and I could use some advice.

I have been with a hosting company called IQthink for the past two years, and their service has been horrible. So I recently transferred my domain to bluehost, hoping to get better service.

Problem is, around the time i did that, IQthink stopped responding to emails and phone calls and now I cant even log in to my account (when i ask for a password reminder, it sends an email with gibberish).

So now I cant ask them for an EPP number or authorization code, and the whois for the domain is under the name of the company, not my name. Bluehost says they can't help me, IQthink are the only ones whao can release my domain. And the domain was renewed in march for a full year, so i'd have to wait 9 months before it expires.

Since i have no way of reaching IQthink, am i screwed? is there any way at all to transfer the domain without going through them? I really dont want to chose another URL for my site, all my clients already have this one.

If anyone has any suggestions, I'd really appreciate it.

Thanks.

Try to contact the registar that IQthink use to register your domain.

By the way are you from Greece? Your username looks like a greek surname.

If they did fully register it on their name things can be very tough; however if they are only the administrative contact you may want to try to contact the registry they used to see what can be done.

What is the domain in question?
    Michael Denney - MDDHosting LLC
    New shared plans for 2016! Check them out!
    Highly Available Shared, Premium, Reseller, and VPS
    http://www.mddhosting.com/

The domain is filmcan.net (it's down at the moment, another of IQthink's mistakes)

As for getting in touch with the resigtrar/registry holder, how would I find out who it is?

Cretaforce: yes, i'm (half) half greek ;=)

Contact to Enom.com the domain has been registered through them, if they can't help you (because the domain has been registered under the name of IQThink as I can see), you may need to contact to icann.org about it.
    Shared Web Hosting - Reseller Hosting - Semi-Dedicated Servers - SolusVM/XEN VPS
    LiteSpeed Powered - R1Soft Continuous Data Protection - 24/7 Chat/Email/Helpdesk Support
    Cpanel/WHM - Softaculous - R1soft Backup - Litespeed - Cloudlinux -Site Builder- SSH support - Account Migration
    DowntownHost LLC - In Business since 2001- West/Center/East USA - Netherlands - Singapore

IQThink can only help you in this issue.

So i contacted enom.com and they said there's nothing they can do, since IQthink has both the registered and the administrative section of my domain under their name. So basically, according to the if i can't reach IQthink (which I can't) then I'm out of luck.

Shared Web Hosting - Reseller Hosting - Semi-Dedicated Servers - SolusVM/XEN VPS
    LiteSpeed Powered - R1Soft Continuous Data Protection - 24/7 Chat/Email/Helpdesk Support
    Cpanel/WHM - Softaculous - R1soft Backup - Litespeed - Cloudlinux -Site Builder- SSH support - Account Migration
    DowntownHost LLC - In Business since 2001- West/Center/East USA - Netherlands - Singapore

I just did. It looks pretty confusing for a newbie like me. What are the steps to creating a dispute?

Use 'snail mail':
    IQThink - 1425 W. Schaumburg Road - Suite 202 - Schaumburg, Illinois 60194

I just did what the above post indicated and sent a snail mail. Hopefully it will work.

Thanks

Sometimes a fax method will work also, if you have a letterhead and can prove you have a business based on the domain name. You simply request the appropriate forms from ENOM, fill out, and fax to them.
    If they need further info, they will ask. Normally, although slow, this is usually enough to get your domain back. Hosting companies usually "loose" and do not even try to fight it...they know they have no want of the domain, and would end up paying for it (and why?) or letting it go. Common sense usually prevails, but ENOM can override and give you control back in any event.

Good luck.
    This is the best signature in the world....Tribute!
    (It is not the best signature in the world, no. This is just a tribute)

Thanks I'll try that. Although Enom has stated to me repeatedly that since the domain is registered under IQthink's name, it would be illegal for them to try and put it under their name.

Couple of new questions:

- I sent a snail mail to IQthink. I checked the USPS website and it shows they received the letter. But they haven't done anything. There's nothing else I can do right?

- I've been thinking that instead of trying to salvage my old domain filmcan.net, I could try to acquire filmcan.com, which is already owned but doesn't seem like it's being used much (could be wrong). I'm kind of a newbie when it comes to buying a domain, and when i googled it I found some websites that offer to negotiate the sale for a fee. is that the correct way to go? Also, what's an average figure one would pay for a little-used domain such as this one?

Rule one: never discuss this on an open forum, someone might snatch it before you.

But i would contact the owner of the domain, tell them you are interested in the domain, and ask them if they are willing to sell it.

Ok thanks for the tip. How do i find out the owner of the domain?

So i did find the owner (or at least I think I did) of the domain I'm interest in, but it looks like I have to go through a brokerage company called ProForma, who is asking me to place a bid of minimum $10,000 on that domain name in order to buy it! Are they insane? There has to be a way to buy that domain for less, right?

bump for answer