Get everything out from a VPS

So it seems my proxy got linked on a lot of blogs, and is more popular than ever... 8.2k unique and 14.6k pageviews in 12 hours...

It seems like my VPS is getting slower and slower now, as it takes a lot of time to load the page. Any suggestion on how I could optimize the VPS in the best way, making it faster? It isn't directly resource intensive, the current stats is:

CPU load averages 0.08 (1 min) 0.10 (5 mins) 0.09 (15 mins)
    Real memory 1024 MB total, 57.28 MB used

(I'm using nginx btw)

Is it that the internet connection is slow/can't handle it?

Nginx is known to be slow serving dynamic content. Maybe you need to start caching.
    █ Wafer VPS
    US North Carolina Based
    Self-Managed OpenVZ VPS Hosting
    Check out our offers!

Quote Originally Posted by xorpt View Post
    Nginx is known to be slow serving dynamic content. Maybe you need to start caching.
    How? Glype already caches the files for 24 hours, isn't that enough?

If you're getting these types of hits already.. then expect to grow faster via word of mouth ect... I'd put ads on all the pages and then just upgrade the VPS to a stronger one or a dedicated server

Quote Originally Posted by ZinkHosting View Post
    If you're getting these types of hits already.. then expect to grow faster via word of mouth ect... I'd put ads on all the pages and then just upgrade the VPS to a stronger one or a dedicated server
    I do, but they only pay $0.1 - $0.4 per day. http://www.projectwonderful.com/adve...d=33103&type=1

oooo, I just checked adsense, 43 clicks today, $4.14, that's more click than I got in 2 months xD
    Last edited by vigge_sWe; 06-24-2009 at 02:59 AM.