Instant Virtuozzo Redundancy?

Before you guys read this please check out: http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?p=6250867 (weird thread but need some input).

==================

I am looking for a way to provide instant Virtuozzo redundancy. Basically, if a server with Virtuozzo goes down users will be instantly or semi-instantly placed online on another server in another location with little or no downtime. Any ideas/thoughts? I know this will cost a bit.

The problem with this is that they would need the exact same IPs. This would be fine in the same datacentre.

Quote Originally Posted by [JSH]John View Post
    The problem with this is that they would need the exact same IPs. This would be fine in the same datacentre.

Well, what I was thinking was to provide customers with secondary IP's so they can set records in their domain to go point to it if it went down, etc. I host everything at Softlayer, which is very premium but expensive. Doing a redundancy-like thing would cost a bit too much on Softlayer; but if it has to be done I will make it done.

Not 100% sure if this works on Virtuozzo, but it does on OpenVZ --

Check into DRBD / Heartbeat

Basic synopsis on the OpenVZ wiki:

http://wiki.openvz.org/HA_cluster_wi..._and_Heartbeat

I can't imagine that Virtuozzo for Linux is too much different from OpenVZ.
    Daniel | Server Complete, LLC
    INSTANTLY DEPLOYED Bare Metal Servers
    Wholly owned hardware and self operated network (AS19531) in Jacksonville, FL

Hey,

Daniel pretty much hit the nail on the head. I've used the DRBD solution, and can say it does exactly what it's supposed to. You could turn off one server, and your sites will still roll. However, it's essentially just mirrored hosting.

Quote Originally Posted by Shikhir A View Post
    Well, what I was thinking was to provide customers with secondary IP's so they can set records in their domain to go point to it if it went down, etc. I host everything at Softlayer, which is very premium but expensive. Doing a redundancy-like thing would cost a bit too much on Softlayer; but if it has to be done I will make it done.
    You cant do that. Has to be the same ips. when you replicate the data it will have the main ip hard coded everywhere.
    Steven Ciaburri | Industry's Best Server Management - Rack911.com
    Software Auditing - 400+ Vulnerabilities Found - Quote @ https://www.RACK911Labs.com
    Fully Managed Dedicated Servers (Las Vegas, New York City, & Amsterdam) (AS62710)
    FreeBSD & Linux Server Management, Security Auditing, Server Optimization, PCI Compliance