Pop email accounts?

I often see webhosts offering "99 POP3 e-mail accounts" or "unlimited POP3 e-mail accounts" in their packages. But why so many? All you need is 1 or 2?

Well for me I need it for all my designers and different departments... So I need quite a few therefore unlimited is for me

-Faraaz

Some people actually need a lot, but IMO, the companies offering "unlimited pop accounts or subdomains" are just expecting to draw in customers like that...

....kinda like the all you can eat buffet for $5: you're only going to have a couple large pieces of chicken and some desert, why doesn't the restaurant just sell that for a price?

Originally posted by akash
    ....kinda like the all you can eat buffet for $5: you're only going to have a couple large pieces of chicken and some desert, why doesn't the restaurant just sell that for a price?

Restuarant1: "all you can eat buffet for $5"
    Restuarant2: "couple large pieces of chicken and some desert for $5"

Which one would you choose?

I never said for the same price , but personally, I dont trust all you can eat buffet places....the food makes you wonder sometimes....I would rather spend the extra money and get a satisfying meal at a restaurant i can trust, so i'd call up restaurant 2 and see if they have a table ready for me

We have two accounts hosted that use 50 and 75 e-mail addresses respectively. Small sites with lots of people involved Before we added more to the packages they were set up as custom accounts as they needed all of them right from the start.

But yes, I personally have never had any use for more than a few e-mail addresses on any site I've developed.

Different strokes for different folks

Greg Moore
    Former Webhost... now, just a guy.

hehe, Ive had a customer insist i raise his emailboxes before.. i raised it for them to 100, they are using 6
    Matt Wallis
    United Communications Limited
    High Performance Shared & Reseller | Managed VPS Cloud | Managed Dedicated
    UK www.unitedhosting.co.uk | US www.unitedhosting.com | Since 1998.