Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Toll Free Number Service

Hey all...I wanted to know what toll free number provider you have and why you choose them? I'm looking for a service that works great for remote staff.

Ours is through Sprint. Can't speak to the choice, as I wasn't with the company when they were selected. They're definitely reasonable. In the next few months were going from physical phones lines to a VOIP setup. I'll try to keep everyone posted on how that goes with keeping the toll-free number attached.

I don't really know how to address the second part of your question. The phone system that will accommodate your remote staff should have nothing to do with your toll-free number. That all depends on what kind of PBX you've got on the back end.

Probably need someone who knows way more about telephony to chime in here...

If you are looking for a virtual pbx setup for your toll free number check out the following providers.

ringcentral.com
    virtualpbx.com
    gotvmail.com
    freedom9.com
    myonevoice.com
    thephonepeople.com

Good luck!

I use http://www.fccsinc.com/ and basically just have my 888 number forwarded to a vonage number. I would imagine this type of setup would be good for a company using remote support as you can probably have the 800 number 'hunt' through your techs lines until it reaches an available open line.

We've used uReach for years for our toll-free number. Originally we went with them because they had reasonable rates and their online portal made it easy to manage voicemail/faxes/forwarding/menus. There are probably better options out there these days, but we haven't had a reason to look at them; which I guess is an endorsement.
    Jeff Standen, Software Architect, Cerb
    Cerb - web-based teamwork and workflow automation - https://cerb.ai/

A friend of mine is a designer, and just wants a 1800 to forward to his cell phone. What would be the best/cheapest method for that?
    Imeanwebhosting.com - Shared cpanel hosting, 99.9% uptime.
    10 min average ticket responses, softaculous, rvsitebuilder, and more!
    Reliable, affordable shared hosting. I Mean Web Hosting!

Get the Basic plan from my1voice.com for $9.99/month which includes 100 minutes and it can be directed to your friends cell phone.

what about phone.com?

Uh a friend referred me to Kall8, I do like there services but they are expensive. Know anything else?

I would not recommend PhonePeople.com! They are a rip off and they double bill you for everything. VirtualPBX, no.. I used to work for them. RingCentral is just like PhonePeople.com, outrageous and double bill you.

I would like to recommend to you Toktumi at www.toktumi.com, this works either with their softphone application you can download on your computer or will ring to your mobile, home or business line. For $14.95 you get UNLIMITED incoming and outgoing telephone calls in the USA or Canada! International calls are billed at seperate rates, however they are really, really reasonable. I have been using this service for several months now and it's great. They offer a virtual PBX system you can customize with your own voice prompts and everything. Try our their service and you get a FREE 30 day trial without entering your credit card information. You can choose a toll-free number or a local number local to your calling area.

Another service I use is Kall8 at www.kall8.com, they run $2 setup, $2 month and .07/min talk time. This can be very expensive if you talk on the phone alot, however I'm using this as a very basic sales line for my business, until my business picks up and then I am changing the sales line number and switching the service over to Toktumi. I can't wait!

Thank you and I hope that you find this information beneficial to you!
    Larry Braziel Consulting
    706-622-4400 | Call Us
    833-720-5685 | Text Us | Message Us on WhatsApp
    https://larrybraziel.com | https://lbconsulting.ladesk.com | Telegram @LarryBraziel

We use www.800pbx.com service, we use US toll free number as well as forward calls to skype number. As for the quality - so many things are involved in taking calls from customers so there may be some temporary problems with the service. However we are contented with the service mostly.

I'm sorry, it wasn't VirtualPBX.. It was 800PBX that I worked for about a year and a half ago... I would not recommend their services to anyone. I worked in Sales / Tech Support and they have too many issues and a very high cancellation rate.
    Larry Braziel Consulting
    706-622-4400 | Call Us
    833-720-5685 | Text Us | Message Us on WhatsApp
    https://larrybraziel.com | https://lbconsulting.ladesk.com | Telegram @LarryBraziel

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by okihost View Post
    I use http://www.fccsinc.com/ and basically just have my 888 number forwarded to a vonage number. I would imagine this type of setup would be good for a company using remote support as you can probably have the 800 number 'hunt' through your techs lines until it reaches an available open line.
    Why not just use Vonage 800 service )$5/month - 100 minutes)

This was exactly what I was looking for, excellent topic and ace information. I do have another question, or maybe just my thoughts - would it not be better to forward the 800 number to a voip rather then a cell phone and such. You have to think that at some point you may need to do some moving around, and I figure having a voip will make that so much easier! (By moving around I mean different cities/states, where cell phones could possibly be charged for roaming.)

LBraziel: Toktumi does look promising...Thanks so much.

Hosting-ASAP: Well the problem is that I'm hiring a few staff members that are located around the country. I need the customers to be able to be connected to the next available agent.

kall8 is lucrative but it will turn out to be very expensive once you get to use it.
    << Please see the Rules page for signature limitations. >>

Well today, I stumbled upon a cool feature using Skype. It's called PrettyMay Call Center(www.prettymay.net). Has anyone tried this? I'm really interested this in software...

Just wanted to mention that phone.com is excellent. We've been using them and very happy.
    PeakVPN.Com | Complete Privacy VPN | Cloud Hosting | Guaranteed Security | 1Gbps-10Gbps Unmetered
    PeakVPN | 31 VPN Servers | 17-Years Experience | Emergency 24/7 Support
    Visit us @ PeakVPN.Com (Coming SOON) | ASN: 3915

i use skype toll free number
    it is very easy

We use kall8 and recommend them completely.
    Cpanel/WHM • PHP • Perl • Ruby • Full Time Support
    LCWSoft - Canada web hosting (based in Newfoundland) since 2007
    Servers based in the US and Canada (Uptime Report)

Check out:

http://www.tollfreeforwarding.com/

Very cheap. Forwards anywhere in the world.
    Laurence Flynn @ HostNEXUS.com
    Managed WordPress Hosting Solutions
    Focused on speed. Obsessed with security.

Well I believe I found the right system for me. I'm now looking for a toll-free forward services. I've been seeing $20/monthly for 250 minutes which I think is to much but not sure what are the standard rates so can anyone help?

For $250 minutes, that's a bit expensive. Kall8 charges $2/month plus a per-minute charge, which works out the cheapest if you don't get a lot of calls. phone.com I think gives you 300 minutes for their service before they start charging you per minute.
    hostingDifferent---We're hostingDifferent.™
    Premium, Managed and DIY WordPress hosting DONE RIGHT.
    Find out what SERVICE really means!--We're hostingDifferent.

Kall8 is great, another good solution is RingCentral and or VirtualPBX.

RingCentral is good if you NEVER need their support. Their support is awful. No one ever answers the phone and you have to set up a call back and it can take days to get responses to. We use RC, and once it is set up, it works great, but if you need help in the setting up processes, forget about it if you can't find it in their help docs.
    hostingDifferent---We're hostingDifferent.™
    Premium, Managed and DIY WordPress hosting DONE RIGHT.
    Find out what SERVICE really means!--We're hostingDifferent.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast