Migration to VPS from Yahoo small business

Hi! I am a customer of yahoo small business shared hosting and as you know they have their own control panel and not Cpanel or plesk. Now I want to migrate to VPS hosting. How can I do it? I have asked the yahoo guys a number of times but they choose to remain unresponsive. I googled for website migration but I couldn't gather for a migration without cpanel usage. How do I do it? Or will there be freelancers or web development companies who can handle the migration task for me? Please help guys.

If you really need lots of help, you would be looking into getting a managed plan.

VPSes you have to set up. It takes command line work, and they have to be secured and updated. If they are kept updated, they're awesome though!

So it sounds like you either should hire somebody to set the VPS for you (and definitely get a managed VPS) or stay on shared.

New York City

Most VPS managed companies do offer free migration, even if it's from yahoo small business, should be fine but may take longer.

Send them an email before signing up.

Good luck
    CirtexHosting Providing Affordable and Quality Web Hosting & Reseller Hosting since 2003
    LINUX based cPANEL/WHM Shared and Reseller Web Hosting with Fantastico
    HostV VPS Premium Virtual Private Servers & Dedicated Servers powered by cPanel/WHM
    We transfer your sites over quickly! I eat penguins for breakfast ...

yes, we have done several migrations from yahoo control panel to cPanel, all them finish successfully, so there is no reason for you to be concern, just ask assistance to your new hosting provider

All the best,
    Waveweb Technologies
    Customer Service Guarantee

Yep, just find a VPS provider that offer what you need and check they do free migrations, most do. If you want cPanel on your VPS, bear in mind the licence is another $15.

Thank you so much for your replies..I contacted FazeWire webservices and they offered free migration..I'm going ahead with their Wind plan which goes like :
    Storage Space: 25GB
    Monthly Bandwidth: 225GB
    Dedicated RAM: 512MB
    Burstable RAM: 1024MB
    Price: $34.95 a month + $12 for cPanel.

It seems fit for my needs..

Thanks again!

Washington State
    Glad to hear you are interested in our services, and we look forward to serving you!
    FazeWire Web Services.
    || We have provided great prices and better support since 2006. Located in Seattle, WA!
    || -----------------
    || Shared Hosting - VPS - Dedicated Servers - Colocation - Software Licenses