Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

ServerPronto - Horrible Cheating Company

In April, I ordered a dedicated server from ServerPronto. I paid quarterly so they could waive the set up fee for me. I was pretty happy because it was set up in two hours just like they promised. I then talked to someone over at live chat and I told them that I would like to be billed monthly after the 3 months period and I also asked them not to charge my credit card automatically. I was told it is possible so I just continued configuring my new server. I use the server as a master for HyperVM to control my slave VPS nodes. I have no need for the server now as I have migrated my company to Virtuozzo. I also noticed that the speed of the server was very low, I did not expect that. Now the real problem starts. About a week ago, I was checking my credit card transactions and I noticed a charge of $130 from ServerPronto. I immediately logged into my Server Pronto account and I noticed the invoice their. My due date is 07/07/09, yet I was charged on my credit card 06/12/09. They generated the invoice 25 days early and charged my credit card. First of all, I specifically asked them not to charge me credit card automatically. Second of all, I told them that I would like to pay monthly, not quarterly. Third of all, I was charged 25 days early! What kind of crap is that. I have never seen a hosting company so desperate to cheat someone out of their money that they had to charge 25 days earlier than the due date. Now here comes the fun part. I submitted a ticket to customer service about this charge. Customer service told me that it will be possible for me to get a refund, I just have to e-mail refunds@serverpronto.com. So I did, I e-mailed them with all the information. Now, its been 72 hours and I had no response to the ticket. I know the ticket is opening because they pipe e-mails and I have received a response saying the ticket was open. I viewed the ticket, and no responese. I can't believe a medium sized host for cause all this trouble just to cheat someone out of a measly $130. I am not a millionaire, $130 is money to me. I'm filing a chargeback for this transaction tomorrow. To all users, I honestly don't recommend this host. Any host that cheats you out of your money is just too desperate. Go with CoreNetworks or something, because this is pure ****. For verification, my IP address with them is 200.35.149.72 and my hostname is cp.toughvpsdns.com

Sounds like you should wait til Monday til to hear back from the refunds department. No doubt they aren't trying to cheat you out of any money.

Quote Originally Posted by Ultima VPS View Post
    Sounds like you should wait til Monday til to hear back from the refunds department. No doubt they aren't trying to cheat you out of any money.
    The ticket was put up at 6 A.M. Friday.

Most companies sales/billing departments don't work on the weekend. If you only contacted them Friday, then it has not even been 1 full business day yet. I think you should wait at least another 1-2 days before accusing them of cheating you. If they really don't resolve it for you, then in the worst case scenario you can just do a chargeback as a true last resort.
    PlatinumServerManagement (also known as PSM)
    The OLDEST and LARGEST and MOST TRUSTED server management provider in the USA, with 15+ employees and growing!
    Providing quality support for OVER 21 years! Currently supporting over 3,000+ servers monthly!

www.PlatinumServerManagement.com Proud member of the NJ BBB & Chamber of Commerce & Authorized cPanel Partner.

Good luck!

ServerPronto is a well known game player in this business. No class, no customer service and absolutely the worst cancellation policy anywhere (fax your DL and CC, front and back top cancel - but they'll gladly steal your money on sign up).

We had our bank issue a charge back against them and even our bank had a heck of a time dealing with Carlo if I am not mistaken.

http://www.seflorida.bbb.org/Busines...anyID=30003042 - if you want a good laugh - 51 complaints...
    Jason (JC) Morris, Vice President - Technology
    TechWest Hosting - Enterprise Plesk & cPanel Hosting Since 2003!
    Shared & Reseller Hosting on Dell Quad Core 5420 Servers w/ RAID 10 in Multiple Datacenters!
    Ruby on Rails, FFMPEG, Fantastico, RVSiteBuilder, RVSkins, Nightly Off-site Backups, Clustered DNS!

Quote Originally Posted by A Grateful Dad View Post
    Good luck!

ServerPronto is a well known game player in this business. No class, no customer service and absolutely the worst cancellation policy anywhere (fax your DL and CC, front and back top cancel - but they'll gladly steal your money on sign up).

We had our bank issue a charge back against them and even our bank had a heck of a time dealing with Carlo if I am not mistaken.

http://www.seflorida.bbb.org/Busines...anyID=30003042 - if you want a good laugh - 51 complaints...
    yeah, I agree. I have heard many of these stories about their unreasonable crazy cancellation policies. I think they even have some open threads on a few of thoese ripe off report sites.

ServerPronto is a great company until you want to cancel or have a billing issue. There has been numerous complaints over and over about them, their BBB rating is like a D. (Corporate name is InfoLink)

You won't get any help from them, I would contact your bank instead. Trust me, I've been in your shoes many times.

Quote Originally Posted by ServerManagement View Post
    Most companies sales/billing departments don't work on the weekend. If you only contacted them Friday, then it has not even been 1 full business day yet. I think you should wait at least another 1-2 days before accusing them of cheating you. If they really don't resolve it for you, then in the worst case scenario you can just do a chargeback as a true last resort.
    You dont have true dedicated staff unless you work on the weekends. I have more staff on hand during the weekend cause theres more people on playing games and want there stuff quicker cause they have matches. Mostly i try to have a support desk manned 24/7 but there are a few hours that someone might be snoozing on the clock >.>

i know this is about weekend support but im just adding a few things in.
    Personal Blog - danhiorns.us

is really very annoying to be charged 25days earlier than due date.

Yes, I actually read a similar thread on another forum about billing issues. They said the node was fine, but the customer service and billing was HORRIBLE as they cheat you out of your money. I highly recommend people stay away from them...

Maybe it was just a billing error on their part when you requested the change to month-month. Be patient as it will probably get resolved first thing tomorrow
    ServerTag Technologies - Everything you need for hosting activity
    A Canadian company providing top notch site hosting, servers and colocation services

Are they active on this forum ?? Lets hear what they have to say

Looks like it wasn't resolved first thing today. I have never waited for 96 hours (4 days since this morning) to get a response to a ticket anywhere. Any medium sized provider should respond no matter what day it is. Maybe it is a billing error, but were they supposed to charge me 25 days before my due date?

I hope you were lucky enough to resolve this issue with ServerPronto in less than a few months! From my experience with this company I wouldn't expect you will get your money back any time soon, if at all!
    You can check my horrible experience with this thieving company here: webcomplaints.wordpress.com/warning-about-hosting-company-serverpronto-looks-cheap-and-they-are/

Quote Originally Posted by czamora View Post
    I hope you were lucky enough to resolve this issue with ServerPronto in less than a few months! From my experience with this company I wouldn't expect you will get your money back any time soon, if at all!
    You can check my horrible experience with this thieving company here: webcomplaints.wordpress.com/warning-about-hosting-company-serverpronto-looks-cheap-and-they-are/
    No doubt on that, its been months and I haven't heard nor got my money back from them.

Quote Originally Posted by Spunkyasp View Post
    No doubt on that, its been months and I haven't heard nor got my money back from them.
    Thats crazy they refuse to help you?

Quote Originally Posted by TheServerExperts View Post
    Thats crazy they refuse to help you?

Correct. They don't even respond to my tickets anymore. I can't believe that when you type in their company name into WHT search the first thing you see is a list of negative reviews.

I've had two accounts with Serverpronto and was absolutely DISGUSTED with their UNETHICAL and UNFAIR cancellation policy. I ordered services on the quarterly billing through their website. Which, as others have stated, had no problem taking my money. I called a week later to cancel the service. They told me that I could cancel but I would get NO REFUND for the amount paid (3 MONTHS!) I understood and said that was ok but I did NOT WANT THE SERVICE after my current billing period. They assured me it would be cancelled. Near the end of this billing period I contacted them to make sure that my account would be cancelled and was told it was not due to be cancelled because I did not give them 30 days notice - NO MENTION OF THE DOCUMENTATION in my conversations with them. I obviously had not gone through their "proper" cancellation policy as I had spoken with sales and not support - this was stated in the letter to my credit card company when I disputed the charges. They also stated that they were cancelling my service because their evidence shows that I was using it for illegal purposes. It was only after I read their dispute letter to the credit card company that I discovered that in order to cancel you have to fill out the form on their website, PRINT OUT AND FAX THEM A COPY OF YOUR "GOVERNMENT ISSUED" id and FRONT AND BACK of your credit card!!!!!! WTF -- they hide behind "security reasons" but that is a load of crap too. I can't imagine sending my actual credit card in the mail - can you? Or faxing it to someone you don't know?

They are absolutely one of the WORST companies to deal with EVER. On top of all of this when I called them to talk to them about disputing the charges with the credit card company, they told me that they AUTOMATICALLY cancel ALL accounts tied to that credit card because they just assume that you are using their service for illegal purposes -- this was the evidence they had when they told my credit card company that I was using their service illegally. Evidently I can't dispute a charge because they made an error in billing, right?

-- SERVERPRONTO is an organization that preys on people and takes full advantage of their presence online to abuse average people and steal their money under the cover of policy and "for security reasons". --

To read more about their policy take a look at their document that says you will NOT be contacted if your form is incomplete or if you did not attach the required documentation and your cancellation will not be processed. In other words don't make a mistake because we won't tell you, but we will bill you next time. For the form check out -->
    serverpronto dot com slash documents slash spcancel.pdf
    Last edited by jfogal; 01-04-2010 at 09:25 PM. Reason: clarification of communication with serverpronto

Quote Originally Posted by jfogal View Post
    I've had two accounts with Serverpronto and was absolutely DISGUSTED with their UNETHICAL and UNFAIR cancellation policy. I ordered services on the quarterly billing through their website. Which, as others have stated, had no problem taking my money. I called a week later to cancel the service. They told me that I could cancel but I would get NO REFUND for the amount paid (3 MONTHS!) I understood and said that was ok but I did NOT WANT THE SERVICE after my current billing period. They assured me it would be cancelled. Near the end of this billing period I contacted them to make sure that my account would be cancelled and was told it was not due to be cancelled because I did not give them 30 days notice - NO MENTION OF THE DOCUMENTATION in my conversations with them. I obviously had not gone through their "proper" cancellation policy as I had spoken with sales and not support - this was stated in the letter to my credit card company when I disputed the charges. They also stated that they were cancelling my service because their evidence shows that I was using it for illegal purposes. It was only after I read their dispute letter to the credit card company that I discovered that in order to cancel you have to fill out the form on their website, PRINT OUT AND FAX THEM A COPY OF YOUR "GOVERNMENT ISSUED" id and FRONT AND BACK of your credit card!!!!!! WTF -- they hide behind "security reasons" but that is a load of crap too. I can't imagine sending my actual credit card in the mail - can you? Or faxing it to someone you don't know?

They are absolutely one of the WORST companies to deal with EVER. On top of all of this when I called them to talk to them about disputing the charges with the credit card company, they told me that they AUTOMATICALLY cancel ALL accounts tied to that credit card because they just assume that you are using their service for illegal purposes -- this was the evidence they had when they told my credit card company that I was using their service illegally. Evidently I can't dispute a charge because they made an error in billing, right?

-- SERVERPRONTO is an organization that preys on people and takes full advantage of their presence online to abuse average people and steal their money under the cover of policy and "for security reasons". --

To read more about their policy take a look at their document that says you will NOT be contacted if your form is incomplete or if you did not attach the required documentation and your cancellation will not be processed. In other words don't make a mistake because we won't tell you, but we will bill you next time. For the form check out -->
    serverpronto dot com slash documents slash spcancel.pdf

I also find it interesting how they don't take PayPal or 2CO. Looks like all they want are credit cards numbers to bill.

Yes - There are good hosts then there are BS hosts. Welcome to one of thjem.

The price should tip you off. Who expects a dedicated server for $40 / month? Even an atom should cost more than that.
    IOFLOOD.com -- We Love Servers
    Phoenix, AZ Dedicated Servers in under an hour
    ★ Ryzen 9: 7950x3D ★ Dual E5-2680v4 Xeon ★
    Contact Us: sales@ioflood.com

This company is a scam company.

Starting my 2nd cycle of billing with server pronto (in which I had several ridiculous issue within that time), they double billed me for an extra $209. I caught "the error" 2 days after it occurred and wrote their support. They wouldn't even help me, and told me after about 5 e-mails back and forth to write an e-mail to their refunds department. When you have customer support not taking care of something like that, and telling the customer to write someone else, you know you have bad company policy.

So finally the refunds department wrote me and said a refund would be issued. 3 weeks after that date, still no refund. I write them 4 more e-mails, only one of which is responded to, and it didn't even make any sense.

To date, I still have not been refunded (a month later, and I will have to dispute the charge w/ my bank). I put "error" in quotes because I'm beginning to believe this company does this on purpose, in hopes people either won't notice, or won't go through the hassle to get the money back.

I would never recommend them, and although they are inexpensive, the headaches you will have with them will not be worth it in my humble opinion.

This company is a scam company.

Starting my 2nd cycle of billing with server pronto (in which I had several ridiculous issue within that time), they double billed me for an extra $209. I caught "the error" 2 days after it occurred and wrote their support. They wouldn't even help me, and told me after about 5 e-mails back and forth to write an e-mail to their refunds department. When you have customer support not taking care of something like that, and telling the customer to write someone else, you know you have bad company policy.

So finally the refunds department wrote me and said a refund would be issued. 3 weeks after that date, still no refund. I write them 4 more e-mails, only one of which is responded to, and it didn't even make any sense.

To date, I still have not been refunded (a month later, and I will have to dispute the charge w/ my bank). I put "error" in quotes because I'm beginning to believe this company does this on purpose, in hopes people either won't notice, or won't go through the hassle to get the money back.

I would never recommend them, and although they are inexpensive, the headaches you will have with them will not be worth it in my humble opinion.

wow thats green mailing. Final verdict would be to surely stay away from this company.
    <<< Please see Forum Guidelines for signature setup. >>>

Quote Originally Posted by IPStrada LLC View Post
    wow thats green mailing. Final verdict would be to surely stay away from this company.
    Yeah there's a site I found that currently has 32 reviews about their service on it from customers. I think 30 of them are bad, all with similar stories to mine. I only wish I had found those reviews earlier, and saved myself some money and headaches.

Lesson learned: If it seems to good to be true (because they are cheap), it's because it is too good.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast