Can anyone recommend an unmanaged VPS

My specs are

768MB - 1GB RAM
    20GB HD Space
    200GB Bandwidth

and my budget is $25 only

is fsckvps.com still a good choice?

Thanks everyone

Most people are avoiding them at the moment, seam to still be "recovering" moving customers around all over the place from what i have heard.
    BotWars.io - Code the AI of your Battle Bot!

There are VERY large active posts about fsckvps on these forums - you may wish to browse through them before ordering a VPS
    XeHost.net - Hosting websites since 1999!
    Shared Hosting, Cloud Hosting, Reseller Hosting, VPS Hosting, and Dedicated Servers
    End-User Support, WHMCS, and WHMReseller Available on Reseller Plans!
    Follow us on Twitter - new special every Sunday! @XeHost

Currently I don't think any reliable company can offer that kind of service for that price.

Hi

For 1GB Ram and $25/mo, you'd definitely want to increase your budget a little. Try the FIND A HOST option here on WHT.

Good luck
    █• Taskade - To-Do List & Tasks All-in-One To-Do List & Mind Map App for Remote Teams
    █• Simple and shareable to-do lists for web, mobile, and desktop
    █• To-Do List Templates 300+ shareable templates and productivity workflows
    █• Get things done, faster and smarter! I eat penguins for breakfast ...

i'm looking for unmanaged vps too. i want to lean & try to managed
    could anyone recommend unmanaged vps my budget $40

Thanks anyone

FSCK is still a good choice, i have quite a few services through them. They are still in recovery mode, but mostly stable. You do see a lot of complainers, but divide that by the "satisfied" customer base (they have thousands of customers, news flash) and you come up with a very very small majority of issues.
    Instant setup is not happening right now, but all of my services are just as good as ever.
    This is the best signature in the world....Tribute!
    (It is not the best signature in the world, no. This is just a tribute)

If you want a a host that is so reliable and your site will be up for around 400 days, try LInode.com

well, my server has been up for 221 days already. I think.

Try photonvps.com . Their servers have been reliable for me and definitely great low package costs starting at $11/month depending on what you need. I pretty much use openSSH to configure my server under CentOS. I wouldn't consider myself as a Linux pro either but their support gave me great advice so I could learn how to manage my own system.

Hi DuoBasisI saw photonvps.com packages and I think i would try them. How long have youve been with photonvps.com?

Theres quite a few decent unmanaged providers that you'll see people recommending. FSCK was one, however with recent events its probably best to avoid them for now.

Have you tried the offers forum?

Also, are you looking to have any kind of control panels (DirectAdmin, cPanel, etc)?
    WHSuite - Billing, Automation and Client Management Software.

it is important to know what kind of virtualization any VPs hosting provider use. This affects on the reliability of the service and on Virtual server management tools you will use. A provider you have mentioned above does not mention the virtualization technique it uses to power VPS services. They say that they place on 15 VPs per node, which means that their servers aren't powerful at all. I might guess that their VPS services don't come from any advanced server platform, but from standard servers.
    HostColor.com Edge Infrastructure - US Dedicated Servers & Europe Dedicated Hostingsince 2000
    In 50 U.S. Edge Data Centers & 80 POPs worldwide
    24/7 Support ★★ Support Tickets - LiveChat - Phone

Hi Rick-RikeMedia I am not looking for any ControlPanels as of now I can manage my VPS without them. can you name a few of them so I can check them myself?

Quote Originally Posted by jamjam View Post
    Hi Rick-RikeMedia I am not looking for any ControlPanels as of now I can manage my VPS without them. can you name a few of them so I can check them myself?
    Sure

Futurehosting (they do/did have some unmanaged plans)
    VPSLink
    SolarVPS
    VPS.Net
    VPSLand (some bad reviews lately though)
    SWVPS
    VPSByte
    Tectonik
    GPLHost

Thats all I've got at the moment. As always, make sure you check out some customer reviews before choosing one.

I'd stay away from any vaserv company, the so called support does not excist.. and i havent see any bit of life for a while now..

got a refund ticket for 3 weeks now..
    Martyn

Quote Originally Posted by MartynD View Post
    I'd stay away from any vaserv company, the so called support does not excist.. and i havent see any bit of life for a while now..

got a refund ticket for 3 weeks now..
    are you sure about that? i have had 4 tickets awnsered in under 30 min
    Leader of the new anti sig spamming club.

Quote Originally Posted by HostColor View Post
    it is important to know what kind of virtualization any VPs hosting provider use. This affects on the reliability of the service and on Virtual server management tools you will use. A provider you have mentioned above does not mention the virtualization technique it uses to power VPS services. They say that they place on 15 VPs per node, which means that their servers aren't powerful at all. I might guess that their VPS services don't come from any advanced server platform, but from standard servers.
    Our site clearly states we're using OpenVZ for virtualization, however we do have plans to offer Xen within the next couple weeks.

Regarding your comment about placing 15 VPS per node you can do a quick search and we have our benchmark posted with our BEAM1 plan. Our typical servers are all using Intel Xeon Nehalems.
    Psychz Networks - Dedicated Servers, Co-location | PhotonVPS - SSD Cloud | YardVPS - Storage VPS
    True Layer 7 DDoS Mitigation | BGP Optimized by Noction Intelligent Routing | Asia-Pacific Low Latency Routes
    6 Continents - 14 Cities - LAX, DAL, CHI, ASH, LON, AMS, JNB, TPE, TKY, BOM, GRU, BCN, SIN, SYD, ICN, MOS

I have been on the photonvps for about 2-3 months. I have been able to host my shopping cart platform and configure only the necessary tools I desire. Also, using Comodo/Hackerguardian free pci scans to create my site PCI Compliance.

Quote Originally Posted by HostColor View Post
    They say that they place on 15 VPs per node, which means that their servers aren't powerful at all. I might guess that their VPS services don't come from any advanced server platform, but from standard servers.
    You are totally wrong here! Placing 15 VPS per node does not mean their servers are poweful or not. It doesn't mean the node the VPS is on must be an "advanced" server, as it is just plain stupid to compare it this way. I believe you will call a Quad Core server "standard", and a Dual Quad server "advanced". So if you are having a Dual Quad, won't you just put TWICE of what you will put on a Quad? It is just like if you have a smaller datacenter, you are lousy, and if you have a bigger datacenter, you are a premium. BS. In fact, having a smaller server house half as much of a Dual Quad is more realistic, as there are LESSER clients affected in case the server breaks down, compared to a Dual Quad, which will house more clients.

i just but fsckvps and wating email from fsckvps for login
    i'm new for vps. I never use & config before and i don't know how to config
    I'm try to reading VPS Tutorials

Cheer

You'll probably be waiting for a long time to get your fsckvps account setup (do a search for their name and you will see why ). With their recent hacking, I don't think they've got any server space at the moment in their US locations, and they are out of IP's in the UK.

Quote Originally Posted by LaptopFreak View Post
    You are totally wrong here! Placing 15 VPS per node does not mean their servers are poweful or not. It doesn't mean the node the VPS is on must be an "advanced" server, as it is just plain stupid to compare it this way. I believe you will call a Quad Core server "standard", and a Dual Quad server "advanced". So if you are having a Dual Quad, won't you just put TWICE of what you will put on a Quad? It is just like if you have a smaller datacenter, you are lousy, and if you have a bigger datacenter, you are a premium. BS. In fact, having a smaller server house half as much of a Dual Quad is more realistic, as there are LESSER clients affected in case the server breaks down, compared to a Dual Quad, which will house more clients.
    Ditto.

Almost any vps provider, including ourselves will tell you, you're better off with 15 clients on a core2quad, or quad core xeon than 100 on a quad core, quad processor 'beasty' server. If that server gets hit, your 100 customers are all affected. On smaller servers only a small amount of clients are affected.

Well, Fsckvps is certainly getting back on track. they are replying to support tickets. this is what they replied to me on new orders:

As for orders being provisioned, I will be completing all pending orders tonight and from that point they will be pretty much instant to up to few hours.
    you can consider them.

or if you want to play safe then go for linode. they are a 6year old company with very good reviews. the good thing is they use XEN - so no chance of overselling
    Last edited by Gary4gar; 06-21-2009 at 07:27 AM.

ok i will wait tonight

Quote Originally Posted by izesem View Post
    i just but fsckvps and wating email from fsckvps for login
    i'm new for vps. I never use & config before and i don't know how to config
    I'm try to reading VPS Tutorials

Cheer
    enjoy your 1 ip.. lol
    Martyn

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast