Can anyone recommend an unmanaged VPS

My specs are

768MB - 1GB RAM
    20GB HD Space
    200GB Bandwidth

and my budget is $25 only

is fsckvps.com still a good choice?

Thanks everyone

Most people are avoiding them at the moment, seam to still be "recovering" moving customers around all over the place from what i have heard.
    - Buying up websites, side-projects and companies - PM Me! -

There are VERY large active posts about fsckvps on these forums - you may wish to browse through them before ordering a VPS
    XeHost.net - Hosting websites since 1999!
    Shared Hosting, Cloud Hosting, Reseller Hosting, VPS Hosting, and Dedicated Servers
    End-User Support, WHMCS, and WHMReseller Available on Reseller Plans!
    Follow us on Twitter - new special every Sunday! @XeHost

Currently I don't think any reliable company can offer that kind of service for that price.
    LIMENEX WEB HOSTING
    Affordable High Performance Web Hosting in United States & United Kingdom
    Web Hosting | Reseller Hosting | Managed VPS | Managed Dedicated Servers | Cheap SSL Certificates

Hi

For 1GB Ram and $25/mo, you'd definitely want to increase your budget a little. Try the FIND A HOST option here on WHT.

Good luck
    CirtexHosting Providing Affordable and Quality Web Hosting & Reseller Hosting since 2003
    LINUX based cPANEL/WHM Shared and Reseller Web Hosting with Fantastico
    HostV VPS Premium Virtual Private Servers & Dedicated Servers powered by cPanel/WHM
    We transfer your sites over quickly! I eat penguins for breakfast ...

i'm looking for unmanaged vps too. i want to lean & try to managed
    could anyone recommend unmanaged vps my budget $40

Thanks anyone

FSCK is still a good choice, i have quite a few services through them. They are still in recovery mode, but mostly stable. You do see a lot of complainers, but divide that by the "satisfied" customer base (they have thousands of customers, news flash) and you come up with a very very small majority of issues.
    Instant setup is not happening right now, but all of my services are just as good as ever.
    This is the best signature in the world....Tribute!
    (It is not the best signature in the world, no. This is just a tribute)

If you want a a host that is so reliable and your site will be up for around 400 days, try LInode.com

well, my server has been up for 221 days already. I think.

Try photonvps.com . Their servers have been reliable for me and definitely great low package costs starting at $11/month depending on what you need. I pretty much use openSSH to configure my server under CentOS. I wouldn't consider myself as a Linux pro either but their support gave me great advice so I could learn how to manage my own system.

Hi DuoBasisI saw photonvps.com packages and I think i would try them. How long have youve been with photonvps.com?

Theres quite a few decent unmanaged providers that you'll see people recommending. FSCK was one, however with recent events its probably best to avoid them for now.

Have you tried the offers forum?

Also, are you looking to have any kind of control panels (DirectAdmin, cPanel, etc)?
    WHSuite - Billing, Automation and Client Management Software.

it is important to know what kind of virtualization any VPs hosting provider use. This affects on the reliability of the service and on Virtual server management tools you will use. A provider you have mentioned above does not mention the virtualization technique it uses to power VPS services. They say that they place on 15 VPs per node, which means that their servers aren't powerful at all. I might guess that their VPS services don't come from any advanced server platform, but from standard servers.
    Host Color Cloud Servers & Dedicated Hosting & European Infrastructure Hosting
    U.S. Data center 90 miles from Chicago
    Network ★ AS46873 Level 3, Cogent, Hurricane Electric, Retn.net, Midwest Peering
    24/7 Support 1-574-367-2393; Skype: HostColor

Hi Rick-RikeMedia I am not looking for any ControlPanels as of now I can manage my VPS without them. can you name a few of them so I can check them myself?

Quote Originally Posted by jamjam View Post
    Hi Rick-RikeMedia I am not looking for any ControlPanels as of now I can manage my VPS without them. can you name a few of them so I can check them myself?
    Sure

Futurehosting (they do/did have some unmanaged plans)
    VPSLink
    SolarVPS
    VPS.Net
    VPSLand (some bad reviews lately though)
    SWVPS
    VPSByte
    Tectonik
    GPLHost

Thats all I've got at the moment. As always, make sure you check out some customer reviews before choosing one.

I'd stay away from any vaserv company, the so called support does not excist.. and i havent see any bit of life for a while now..

got a refund ticket for 3 weeks now..
    Martyn

Quote Originally Posted by MartynD View Post
    I'd stay away from any vaserv company, the so called support does not excist.. and i havent see any bit of life for a while now..

got a refund ticket for 3 weeks now..
    are you sure about that? i have had 4 tickets awnsered in under 30 min
    Leader of the new anti sig spamming club.

Quote Originally Posted by HostColor View Post
    it is important to know what kind of virtualization any VPs hosting provider use. This affects on the reliability of the service and on Virtual server management tools you will use. A provider you have mentioned above does not mention the virtualization technique it uses to power VPS services. They say that they place on 15 VPs per node, which means that their servers aren't powerful at all. I might guess that their VPS services don't come from any advanced server platform, but from standard servers.
    Our site clearly states we're using OpenVZ for virtualization, however we do have plans to offer Xen within the next couple weeks.

Regarding your comment about placing 15 VPS per node you can do a quick search and we have our benchmark posted with our BEAM1 plan. Our typical servers are all using Intel Xeon Nehalems.
    Psychz Networks - Dedicated Servers, Co-location | GigePipe - High Bandwidth Servers | PhotonVPS - SSD Cloud
    True Layer 7 DDoS Mitigation | BGP Optimized by Noction Intelligent Routing | Asia-Pacific Low Latency Routes
    Los Angeles, CA (US West) | Dallas, TX (US East) | Ashburn, VA (US East)

I have been on the photonvps for about 2-3 months. I have been able to host my shopping cart platform and configure only the necessary tools I desire. Also, using Comodo/Hackerguardian free pci scans to create my site PCI Compliance.

Quote Originally Posted by HostColor View Post
    They say that they place on 15 VPs per node, which means that their servers aren't powerful at all. I might guess that their VPS services don't come from any advanced server platform, but from standard servers.
    You are totally wrong here! Placing 15 VPS per node does not mean their servers are poweful or not. It doesn't mean the node the VPS is on must be an "advanced" server, as it is just plain stupid to compare it this way. I believe you will call a Quad Core server "standard", and a Dual Quad server "advanced". So if you are having a Dual Quad, won't you just put TWICE of what you will put on a Quad? It is just like if you have a smaller datacenter, you are lousy, and if you have a bigger datacenter, you are a premium. BS. In fact, having a smaller server house half as much of a Dual Quad is more realistic, as there are LESSER clients affected in case the server breaks down, compared to a Dual Quad, which will house more clients.
    LIMENEX WEB HOSTING
    Affordable High Performance Web Hosting in United States & United Kingdom
    Web Hosting | Reseller Hosting | Managed VPS | Managed Dedicated Servers | Cheap SSL Certificates

i just but fsckvps and wating email from fsckvps for login
    i'm new for vps. I never use & config before and i don't know how to config
    I'm try to reading VPS Tutorials

Cheer

You'll probably be waiting for a long time to get your fsckvps account setup (do a search for their name and you will see why ). With their recent hacking, I don't think they've got any server space at the moment in their US locations, and they are out of IP's in the UK.

Quote Originally Posted by LaptopFreak View Post
    You are totally wrong here! Placing 15 VPS per node does not mean their servers are poweful or not. It doesn't mean the node the VPS is on must be an "advanced" server, as it is just plain stupid to compare it this way. I believe you will call a Quad Core server "standard", and a Dual Quad server "advanced". So if you are having a Dual Quad, won't you just put TWICE of what you will put on a Quad? It is just like if you have a smaller datacenter, you are lousy, and if you have a bigger datacenter, you are a premium. BS. In fact, having a smaller server house half as much of a Dual Quad is more realistic, as there are LESSER clients affected in case the server breaks down, compared to a Dual Quad, which will house more clients.
    Ditto.

Almost any vps provider, including ourselves will tell you, you're better off with 15 clients on a core2quad, or quad core xeon than 100 on a quad core, quad processor 'beasty' server. If that server gets hit, your 100 customers are all affected. On smaller servers only a small amount of clients are affected.

Well, Fsckvps is certainly getting back on track. they are replying to support tickets. this is what they replied to me on new orders:

As for orders being provisioned, I will be completing all pending orders tonight and from that point they will be pretty much instant to up to few hours.
    you can consider them.

or if you want to play safe then go for linode. they are a 6year old company with very good reviews. the good thing is they use XEN - so no chance of overselling
    Last edited by Gary4gar; 06-21-2009 at 07:27 AM.

ok i will wait tonight

Quote Originally Posted by izesem View Post
    i just but fsckvps and wating email from fsckvps for login
    i'm new for vps. I never use & config before and i don't know how to config
    I'm try to reading VPS Tutorials

Cheer
    enjoy your 1 ip.. lol
    Martyn

wowvps.com is a good choice for you.
    Host Speech - Talk About Web Hosting, Design & Marketing

Website URL: http://www.hostspeech.com

I cant say that their service is bad ( not perfect but not bad). The worst things came after the hack
    :very low level of communication .

Quote Originally Posted by MartynD View Post
    enjoy your 1 ip.. lol
    Not many people need more than one IP...

I need more than one..

Quote Originally Posted by Rick-RikeMedia View Post
    Ditto.

Almost any vps provider, including ourselves will tell you, you're better off with 15 clients on a core2quad, or quad core xeon than 100 on a quad core, quad processor 'beasty' server. If that server gets hit, your 100 customers are all affected. On smaller servers only a small amount of clients are affected.
    I agree 100%, not only are you watching out for the best of your customers, but giving them a better quality of service on each node.
    Psychz Networks - Dedicated Servers, Co-location | GigePipe - High Bandwidth Servers | PhotonVPS - SSD Cloud
    True Layer 7 DDoS Mitigation | BGP Optimized by Noction Intelligent Routing | Asia-Pacific Low Latency Routes
    Los Angeles, CA (US West) | Dallas, TX (US East) | Ashburn, VA (US East)

fivebean.com

50GB HDD
    768 Memory
    1.5 burstable
    450gb transfer

all for $11.40

https://fivebean.com/account/cart.ph...promocode=VPSS

The people that own this site run the Official Ubuntu Forums. ( i think )
    Personal Blog - danhiorns.us

I'm seeing different memory on that 11.40 plan -

512MB RAM - 1GB Burstable
    50GB Storage
    450GB Bandwidth
    1 - IP Address

Wow wish you showed me that before already got a VPS from 6sync.com I am also considering buying a second VPS at photonvps.com

Quote Originally Posted by mugo View Post

50GB Storage
    450GB Bandwidth
    1 - IP Address
    my bad. i was in a hurry to post it. still a good deal either way.
    Personal Blog - danhiorns.us

50GB Storage
    450GB Bandwidth
    1 - IP Address
    yeah same here it only shows 512MB

Quote Originally Posted by PresidentialServers View Post
    my bad. i was in a hurry to post it. still a good deal either way.
    I agree...so much, that I'm about to give em a go...

anyone know anything about this host Fivebean.com?

Ordered 11:54 PM CDT, we'll see how it goes. Only a receipt so far.

I did get the discount, prorata total $14.82 USD.

Ordered 11:54 PM CDT, we'll see how it goes. Only a receipt so far.

I did get the discount, prorata total $14.82 USD.
    Keep us updated Mugo on how is the performance of your VPS!

Their system has sent me a few emails (can see in client area), but never received them.
    Had to guess at their sending email ([email protected]?) and submitted a ticket to ask, politely how long until provisioning. I'm not in a hurry, just wanted an idea since there was nothing about it on the site. (I later found, in the KB, it takes 4-5 hours for manual fraud protect processing)

Running my own mail sever, I wanted to see what addy they were sending from so I could see why it didn't drop into the inbox...from the log:

RECEIVED: MAIL FROM:<[email protected]> SIZE=3560"

So, the support system is sending mail from a non-FQDN. Hmm....
    I added the IP just so I will get things from them. Should I inform them via support of this issue? already?
    Last edited by mugo; 06-22-2009 at 01:49 AM.

Almost 3 hours, not response yet. They said between 1-4 hrs for manual setup (via "my emails" in WHMCS).

Tried live chat:

"Online live chat support is currently offline. We encourage you to open a ticket with us to address any questions you may have. The ticket system is monitored 24x7 and a representative will get back to you shortly."

So I guess ticketing system is monitored 24X7, so a little strange they haven't responded to a new customer in this time frame.

Anyone have any history with FiveBean.com?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast