Thumbs up U.S. Navy has some cool toys!!

Check out this bad boy, its called the "Sea Based X-Band Radar" A new anti-missile system. This is in Hawaii and is partly a strategy to deter North Korea from test-firing a long-range missile across the Pacific and partly a precaution against the unpredictable regime
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 1.jpg   2.jpg   3.jpg   4.jpg   5.jpg  

Last edited by MrTerrence; 06-19-2009 at 09:44 PM.
    Respectfully,
    Mr. Terrence

I doubt NK will pursue a war with the US. If TSHTF it will probably be in retaliation against something that we do to them. I don't think we will ever need to worry about needing this technology unless we're incapable of staying out of NK's business and we decide to attack them first.

It will be a definite shame if that happens. Our soldiers in NK are somewhat of a trip-wire which once something happens to them it gives us more... political clout (I think that's the right phrase to use) to escalate the situation from afar.

I really don't think war with NK would be like Iraq. Not because they are trying to become a nuclear power but moreso because of how their infrastructure is setup. Lots of deep underground bunkers, a large well indoctrinated & loyal army, production of their own weapons, various terrain advantages, etc, etc. And the fact that they really seem to hate US meddling in their affairs.

NK is sort of like the crazy guy in prison who the other inmates don't mess with because he might go nutso on them.

On second though, maybe we could use more of these anti-missile setups and in addition to that it would be nice if we could get our people out of SK as well. We have plenty of issues to deal with here in the US and afterall we have been there long enough, for more than 50 years.
    ...john2k...

Oh, they found my golf ball....sweet.
    This is the best signature in the world....Tribute!
    (It is not the best signature in the world, no. This is just a tribute)

lol, imagine how pissed you'd be in your retired into one of those small huts and then they build that. LOL

Quote Originally Posted by mugo View Post
    Oh, they found my golf ball....sweet.
    I thought that it looked like a giant golf tee.

I read that it can track an object the size of a baseball.

Quote Originally Posted by crazylane View Post
    Im sure it can, I wonder what the cost is.
    Respectfully,
    Mr. Terrence

Very good strategy to deter north korea's missile. It's time for them to be frightened by US.

Quote Originally Posted by jasonone View Post
    Very good strategy to deter north korea's missile. It's time for them to be frightened by US.
    They might have one of these up north too for Russia they are always violating Canadian air space.
    Respectfully,
    Mr. Terrence

I would get affraid only by seeing this strange "metal creature" close to my borders
    Community Manager @ Cloudflare
    I'm on Twitter too. DMs open.
    Passionate about photography.

Quote Originally Posted by northstormnet View Post
    Im sure it can, I wonder what the cost is.
    probably thousands and more thousands of $$$$. but it can detect to Baseball to. so that means priceless !!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by crazylane View Post
    We already have Aegis cruisers that can track something the size of a soda can at 200 miles. This thing looks really imposing.. can it shoot missiles too ?
    ZZ Servers - Business Hosting, HIPAA and PCI Compliant Hosting Solutions - http://www.zzservers.com
    Xen Virtual Private Servers | Dedicated Servers | Shared Hosting
    Custom configurations, firewall, VPN, load balancers, private networks and more.

Quote Originally Posted by jasonone View Post
    I think they should be already afraid of a superpower nation like the United States. That thing looks pretty cool though, nice paint job will be gone soon. North Korea reminds me a mini-nazi inspired nation. http://www.markwang.com/log/images/parade1.jpg

YEA i seen that on the news the other day.Thats pretty cool stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by artpar View Post
    probably thousands and more thousands of $$$$. but it can detect to Baseball to. so that means priceless !!!!!!
    The amount of steel and electronics gear in that sucker it probably costs millions of dollars.
    Patron: I'd like my free lunch please.
    Cafe Manager: Free lunch? Did you read the fine print stating it was an April Fool's joke.
    Patron: I read the same way I listen, I ignore the parts I don't agree with. I'm suing you for false advertising.
    Cafe Owner: Is our lawyer still working pro bono?

Strange place to build a planetarium
    l 201TB.com • 201TB bandwidth as standard in three USA DC’s. KVMoIP, auto reboot & OS install all included - Now available in the Netherlands!
    l udedi.com • UK, USA & NL unmetered 100mb & 1GB 100TB premium bandwidth servers
    l Assiva Ltd • UK Shared & Reseller LiteSpeed • 10 years of hosting • R1Soft