I am looking for a job as a support technician handling Level 1 and 2 support issues.

I am currently 17 years of age and in college and looking for a evening and weekend job working for a hosting company on the support desk.

I have worked with cPanel for around 2 years and have an extremely good understanding of it. I have worked with the CentOS operating system and understand how it works very well. I also have experience with HyperVM/OpenVZ/Xen.

I am hardworking and willing to learn new things. I have access to the internet via mobile phone, laptop, Desktop PC and netbook. I have a 20mb broadband connection for those who are interested in knowing and also mobile broadband in the unlikely event of the main connection failing or if im out and about.

I would ideally like to work around the following times:

Monday-Friday: 16:00-23:00 and Weekends: 08:30-23:00

I am willing to sign any contracts/NDA's and email/fax these back to the company.

I am looking for either a per ticket based salary or a fixed monthly salary of around 50-75 a month to start and I would hope to work upwards from this.

I do not mind working for a UK or USA based company. I will happily also man the livesupport system if required and I have experience with Kayako Supportsuite/WHMCS/Stardevelop Livehelp.

Any questions please feel free to contact me at igrafix292 {at} gmail {dot} com

I look forward to hearing from you. I can prepare a CV/Resume on request if required.