Thread: What To Learn?

Smile What To Learn?

So ive finished all my Exam and everything and now im free for couple of months so instead of wasting my time so i thought i might as well learn something usefull and good. I have no idea really on what to learn online sort of here are some stuff im interested in

Learn Dedicated server (this doesnt make sense i know, its like learning how to install stuff on a dedicated server also please mention which OS to use since it wll be my first time)
    Learn a Programming language ( If you suggest that then please mention which language i can learn so it can help me in the Future College/University/anything)
    Learn PHP or anything similar to it

if you have anything else im your mind i can learn that i didnt mention here then just say it

Looking forward to replies

My opinion is to start to learn the linux generaly and the software. How you can start ? easy , clean your old computer or your laptop , install centos or fedora and try to set up as a server. Please try to use it from console and not from kde or gnome , use it from the console .

For the beggining try to set up the apache and the modules , play a little with the bind and the iptables and also do not forget to study SSH and the security.
    When you will finish , try to use Xen or any other virtual server software.
    Trust me , you will feel great after some weeks , the feeling to manage a server it is Fantastic Feeling !

Thanks for the advice mate for the advice hopefully more replies