Affiliate Program Structure

We are finalizing our affiliate program at in the next week and are curious of what payments others offer for signups...

I have seen $40 US from and others in that range at, but I think this is out of our league...

Also, do affiliates prefer a payment up front or residual? Or perhaps a combination? We have several scenario's in mind, but I am curious what other may think.

Thanks for listening,
    .: Richard

The most common payment amount I have seen is usually 1 month of hosting or a percent of the total sale.

I prefer the amount upfront (after 30 days since the buyer could cancel and drain all your funds - very easy to lose lots of money fast is you pay before your guarantee is up).

I have many affiliates that offer residual income over "lifetime" etc and have never had luck with any of those. I'm sure many people would disagree.
    Chicago Job Resource
    YOUR career connection for Chicago jobs, careers and employment

residual is only worth it to the affiliates if you will be around to pay it. could be a nice bonus, but nothing more than that unless those are really financially savvy people.
    * Rusko Enterprises LLC - Upgrade to 100% uptime today!
    * Premium NYC collocation and custom dedicated servers
    call 1-877-MY-RUSKO or paul [at]

dedicated servers, collocation, load balanced and high availability clusters

I think upfront is better in order to compete against the big boys who offer b$g bucks. Some affiliate "gurus" recommend residuals ... but thinking it carefully would tell you that it is not necessarily better ... $2.50 comm per month is only $30 12 months later. But $40 NOW is $40 in YOUR pocket NOW!!
    Web Hosting Stuff - Over 10,000+ Hosting Companies Listed