* Terrible experience with Euvps.net

Hello all,

I registered here to let you know about my experience with Euvps dot net, I found them here in the offers section (I've often used the offer forums to find providers, however I've never had any incentive to register until this terrible experience)

I signed up in the first week of June, paid via MoneyBookers and was told my account would be ready within 48 hours, I received it in about 24 and was fairly happy with the setup time, however the first thing I noticed is that there was a big problem after logging into CPanel: They are using a trial license.

Of course, I immediately submit a ticket:
    <removed> || Client 07/06/2009 00:57
    Hello,

I just got my activation email from you but I have a question. Right now it says "This copy of cPanel / WHM is a trial version and will expire at the end of it's trial term. You will need to upgrade to a paid copy of cPanel / WHM to continue using the software after that term."

How long will it take for this to go away? It looks unprofessional otherwise.

Please let me know.

Thank you!

Regards,
    <removed>
    I receive a response shortly after, which is reassuring however I'm still a bit unsettled by the response, spelling, etc.

<removed> || Staff 07/06/2009 01:39
    Hi <removed>

We open a specia newl server for you. Tommorrow we will activate the cpanel license.

King Regards

<removed>
    Euvps.net
    This was the last time that I received a prompt response from them, after 3 days, nothing has changed, the CPanel license is still a trial version and the nameservers they provided me with are not working, since they don't even have A records assigned to them (as you will see later, ns7.euvps.net and ns8.euvps.net don't even exist!)

<removed> || Client 10/06/2009 00:01
    Hello,

Could you please check on my CPanel License? It's been about 3 days and I was hoping that it would be activated.

Thanks,
    -<removed>
    And again I respond to the ticket a day later in hopes of some kind of response.

<removed> || Client 11/06/2009 02:00
    Hello,

Any updates?

Regards,
    <removed>
    Finally, over a week later, after I have given up hope and continued on my hosting search, I receive a response:

<removed> || Staff 16/06/2009 16:19
    Hello;

cPanel installation comes 45-day license with the automatic in the first installation.. Therefore, the process trial cPanel license seems to be licensed. If you do not have a deficit or negative. Normally you can use.

King Regards

<removed>
    Euvps.net
    As you can see, no attempts to resolve the problem at all, and no action taken. Here is my final response, I have not heard from them again since.

<removed> || Client 17/06/2009 11:38
    Hello,

I was told a day after I ordered service that it would be upgraded to full, what happened?

I signed up for the service on June 7th and it was activated with a trial license and non working nameservers (ns7.euvps.net and ns8.euvps.net do not resolve)

I cannot use the service for many reasons:
    1. Nameservers do not work
    2. I cannot give my customers a product which says "trial"

See below:

[[email protected] ~]# host ns7.euvps.net
    Host ns7.euvps.net not found: 3(NXDOMAIN)
    [[email protected] ~]# host ns8.euvps.net
    Host ns8.euvps.net not found: 3(NXDOMAIN)
    [[email protected] ~]# host ns7.euvps.net
    Host ns7.euvps.net not found: 3(NXDOMAIN)
    [[email protected] ~]# host ns8.euvps.net
    Host ns8.euvps.net not found: 3(NXDOMAIN)

It has taken 9 days to respond to my support request, and you tell me "it's fine how it is" after promising it would be using the full version within 24 hours.

What's the problem? Please be truthful with me as I would prefer if you simply say things directly.

Regards,
    <removed>
    It'd be nice to get a refund, but MoneyBookers is a non-reversible payment form and that's a risk you take when using it. I doubt I will ever see a dime from these people as they seem to not care at all. I was never even able to use the service to host a single domain. 35 euros down the drain, which is not important to me, however I don't want anyone else to waste their time with this joke of a company.

The only reason I even went with them despite their somewhat unprofessional website, typos and the fact that their website is hosted in Turkey is because they were the only company offering payment via MoneyBookers as well as meeting my other needs.

I have removed names from the support tickets for privacy reasons for myself and Euvps.

Needless to say, I will not be renewing my service.

This is the worst hosting review possible. Unbelievable. Are they long in business? Probably not.

Quote Originally Posted by JamesRz View Post

they were the only company offering payment via MoneyBookers
    What is so bad in paying with paypal? Or if you cannot with paypal why not direct with credit card? If you use established provider, you shouldn't be worried about your credit card data.

Quote Originally Posted by Normalized View Post
    This is the worst hosting review possible. Unbelievable. Are they long in business? Probably not.
    By a domain whois their domain Created: 2009-01-27. So less than six months in service. Any way sorry for your troubles OP. Select the hosts care fully always. Best of luck.

Quote Originally Posted by iHubNet-Matt View Post
    By a domain whois their domain Created: 2009-01-27. So less than six months in service. Any way sorry for your troubles OP. Select the hosts care fully always. Best of luck.
    You are right Matt. But I assume that the age of the web hosting service comopany is noy so inportant and some of them are here to stay and some just for a few month and the end user as rule has very difficult choice in this situation
    ASPnix Web Hosting - ASP.NET, MS SQL, AJAX, Hyper-V
    Microsoft Hosting and Virtualization

Yup. I tried these guys and they were absolutely horrible. The only "support" I received was when I asked for my refund.

Quote Originally Posted by Hyphen View Post
    Yup. I tried these guys and they were absolutely horrible. The only "support" I received was when I asked for my refund.
    So we can say you were lucky

In any way I woould like to here other part of this story from web hosting provider. Such stories always has 2 parts
    ASPnix Web Hosting - ASP.NET, MS SQL, AJAX, Hyper-V
    Microsoft Hosting and Virtualization

Quote Originally Posted by rumsfo View Post
    You are right Matt. But I assume that the age of the web hosting service comopany is noy so inportant and some of them are here to stay and some just for a few month and the end user as rule has very difficult choice in this situation
    In a way your your thoughts are right. We all started as a new host, I am not against any new companies either. Bur recently fly by night hosts are more. So there is a definite risk in choosing a new one than a host with proven history. These start and disappear hosts also make problems for those new ones which takes hosting seriously and want to be in the industry for long. So I don't want to say anything against new providers, there may be very good ones also. I want to wish them a very good future in their business .
    iHubNet Ltd - Premium Hosting Solutions 4 ALL
    Solid Support Solid Equipment Solid Network
    Shared Hosting / Reseller Hosting / Managed Server
    Matt A.

Quote Originally Posted by rumsfo View Post
    So we can say you were lucky

In any way I woould like to here other part of this story from web hosting provider. Such stories always has 2 parts
    I really wish they'd respond as well, it seems they're fairly willing to keep posting in the ads section in hopes of drawing new customers, however I go completely ignored and I'm left with a non-working reseller package, with a trial CPanel license and no nameservers.

Sorry this happen to you. These guys are a joke. I hope this dosnt happen to anyone else. It sounds like if 15 year olds where running the site.

Hello all,

Just wanted to give you another update regarding this situation..

Euvps still continues to post threads advertising their services, and continue to answer tickets for other customers, however my tickets have gone completely ignored.

Example of posting: showthread.php?t=872159

Although I had a Reseller account with them, any company which treats customers this way should not be trusted with any business whatsoever.

A nightmare of you! Incredible. You should search more information before starting using any service!!!