Results 1 to 31 of 31
  1. #1
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    30

    hawkhost has the worst customer service ever.

    intoduction first. many of you would have seen me on this forums regularly recently in search of a host. i was a Liquidweb customer for a good 1year, before i though that i needed a change of environment. Since Liquidweb was the first and only host ive been on, ive never had so called 'bad support' or 'poor uptime'.

    after ive heard some good things about hawkhost i joined them, with their attractive prices, and Cody was extremely good and courteous.

    days later i encountered some issues with litespeed on my script

    and guess what, Tony was extremely hostile and rude when i was asking for a refund, due to some problems in my Joomla extensions.

    i was more or less used to the Liquidweb way of handling things, and didnt expect him to be throwing me email after email of asking me to solve an issue i dont want to, since i just wanted to take hawkhost's "no-questions asked refund policy" and leave.

    despite telling him again and again its a "no-questions asked refund policy", he kept telling me he wanted to solve that issue so that he could tell the developers what to do and find the problem blablabla. i already told him I WASNT INTERESTED TO SOLVE THE ISSUE. i want refund.

    after much blaring at them, the worse thing was a very hostile email from Tony himself, in a tone in which made me feel i was stupid and he's the boss, and he has an extremely good team.

    what was worse, he even added things like: if litespeed wasnt the problem he would sleep better, so should report to him each and every issue i encountered. what the heck? im not here to make you sleep better, im here to get my refund, you solve the issues yourself, i take my cash and leave.

    and after i got my refund, he shot and email at me WITH THE WORSE TONE IVE EVER HEARD FROM A SO-CALLED CEO. he was trying to prove me wrong and that ive made a mistake that litespeed was the problem. the actually dug into my backups and told me that IM AT FAULT.

    HELL. WHO'S THE CUSTOMER?? THE CUSTOMER IS ALWAYS RIGHT, EVEN IF IM WRONG, WHAT GIVES THE CEO THE RIGHT TO TELL ME OFF LIKE THAT?

    thanks,
    back to Liquidweb. IM NEVER MOVING OUT OF LIQUIDWEB AGAIN.
    Last edited by Samuel S; 06-19-2009 at 01:38 AM.
      0 Not allowed!

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Washington State
    Posts
    1,083
    This is a first for HawkHost, can you post your domain hosted with them and some other way to prove you are their client? If not, then please report it here:

    http://www.webhostingtalk.com/report.php?p=6245442
    FazeWire Web Services.
    || We have provided great prices and better support since 2006. Located in Seattle, WA!
    || -----------------
    || Shared Hosting - VPS - Dedicated Servers - Colocation - Software Licenses
      0 Not allowed!

  3. #3
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    30
    yes i just did that. hope they check quickly because i'll be editing my nameservers very soon.
      0 Not allowed!

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    LAX, DAL, MIA, ATL, ORD
    Posts
    8,982
      0 Not allowed!

  5. #5
    I saw many good reviews about Hawk Host here before and it is the first bad one.
      0 Not allowed!

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    U.S.
    Posts
    7
    This is my first time reading a bad review about them too.
      0 Not allowed!

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    India
    Posts
    1,233
    What is the URL? I never heard of them.

    By the way, apache is always better and has tons of more features. Old is gold
      0 Not allowed!

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    3,582
    You demand a refund saying LiteSpeed is the problem yet never make a ticket about any issue. We ask for the problem you say it's LiteSpeed. I insist on knowing the issue and you still refuse to even reveal anything other than it must be LiteSpeed. Is it really so bad that a host wants to work with you on the issue to retain the customer. You flat out refused any help which to me is a very strange approach to using a web host. So this review is all on the premise that you had no interest in using our support and any help we offered was quickly shot down. I even went as far as to start searching for answers going through logs trying to figure this supposed issue.

    So I think this post is all about making us look bad because it's very strange to deal with someone who refuses help. I've gone through all the logs I can find for this account and I cannot even find anything to suggest any issue because the account hasn't even been used at all besides uploading one file via ftp and install one script via fantastico which was removed via fantastico. Frankly I think this thread should be removed.
    Tony B. - Chief Executive Officer
    Hawk Host Inc. Proudly serving websites since 2004
    Quality Shared and VPS Hosting
    PHP 5.3.x & PHP 5.4.x & PHP 5.5.X & PHP 5.6.X & PHP 7.0.X Support!
      0 Not allowed!

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    5,842
    No, the customer isn't always right... but he/she is always the customer.

    Trying to discover exactly what's going wrong with a client's application would normally be a good thing, above and beyond the host's responsibilities. But not in this case, evidently. To me this sounds like a communications breakdown. Tone can be really hard to judge in written communication - it's all too easy to write things that can be misinterpreted, or read meanings that weren't intended. Perhaps this is one of those rare cases where phone support might actually work better.
    Chris

    "Some problems are so complex that you have to be highly intelligent and well informed just to be undecided about them." - Laurence J. Peter
      0 Not allowed!

  10. #10
    Having read your post attentevely I concluded that Hawk Host tried the best to solve all your problems till the end. It is typical situation for reliable hosting providers, they always act in such a way and don't desire to loose customers. However, I agree with you that rude tone is unacceptable.
      0 Not allowed!

  11. #11
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    288
    well since u guys have a no question money back refund policy, and he requested a refund, u should just give the money back just like you guys say. asking him with questions that he does not want to answer is lile harassing.

    if he wants a refund, he gets a refund. NO QUESTIONS ASKED.
      0 Not allowed!

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Tasmania, Australia
    Posts
    34,797
    Quote Originally Posted by Samuel S View Post
    yes i just did that. hope they check quickly because i'll be editing my nameservers very soon.
    Checked and verified thanks
    If you don’t like the road you’re walking on, start paving a new one.
      0 Not allowed!

  13. #13
    As far as I remember OP was looking to move from webhostingbuzz to the hawkhost?
      0 Not allowed!

  14. #14
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    EU & USA
    Posts
    3,684
    After reading this post i would say shame on both of you; hawkhost because of not granting the refund (yes i know, i would have wanted to help the customer as well, and its VERY frustrating if a customer does not want the help and every look of this looks like he wants to write a bad review, but a no questions asked refund is a no questions asked refund, maybe time to change your TOS on this a bit ?) And remember: Service with a smile

    And then of course Samuel S which does not want to get his problem solved, i personally would love to have a host which wants to work to solve an issue, you should at least give a company a chance to solve any issues you may have. Although i do not think you would have written this review if you had promptly received your refund though. I hope you are happy with Liquidweb, but i doubt they can help with your problems either when you refuse any help.

    I can't help but saying this; it just feels like this is some SEO stunt over the back of other hosts. But then my feeling can be totally wrong.
      0 Not allowed!

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Mumbai, India
    Posts
    125
    Well this is the first Negative Review about HawkHost.
    I only heard their Positive Reviews till now, but now I heard this too..
      0 Not allowed!

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    3,582
    Quote Originally Posted by hypebeast View Post
    well since u guys have a no question money back refund policy, and he requested a refund, u should just give the money back just like you guys say. asking him with questions that he does not want to answer is lile harassing.

    if he wants a refund, he gets a refund. NO QUESTIONS ASKED.
    He got his refund even though he did not file any sort of cancellation. In his ticket he made well I guess it would be multiple tickets since he created several he stated scripts do not work. What do you think is going to happen? Several people then asked him what was the issue. Not once did he explain any further we offered our assistance.

    After that I explained some things that maybe be confused with Apache vs LiteSpeed compatibility. For example they might be triggering a mod_security rule. We some times gets cancellations like this and assisting usually solves the issue and the user is happy.

    Was responded back with they do not wish to make changes to their script to make it work. Once again I explained that this may have nothing to do with their script. I told them as well I'd check logs and use a backup to test the issue and they'd be refunded within the next few business days (keep in mind it's about 11:20pm here now). We care about compatibility and the goal was to show the user we'd be willing to go the extra mile to figure this out.

    They responded back with please refund them ASAP. They also told us it's our responsibility litespeed or not to solve the issue. Why the OP told us that is beyond me yet refuse to provide any information.

    They were then told they'd be refunded first thing in the morning our time. They were also told we do not appreciate being told we should fix an issue when someone will not tell us what the problem is. The logs were reviewed and backups checked and there was nothing ever uploaded via ftp and just one script installed via fantastico (Joomla) which does work on our servers just fine. But this was before the user asked us to re-make their account after they said they broke the account and did not want us to just use R1Soft to fix the issue. So they actually had nothing on their account but were claiming incompatibilities. So what are we left with? Well we believe it was a wild goose chase.

    We've already adjusted some policies towards re-creating accounts and technicians reviewing more thoroughly why an account is asking to be re-created rather than the use of R1Soft to restore the files. The user may have been referring to the scripts not the cPanel but I'm not even sure because they said cPanel was not functioning correctly.


    So as it stands I'm very confused. They wished to be refunded gave a reason. We asked them to give more information they refused. They told us it was our responsibility to fix the issue though. We tried our best to figure this out we could not get anywhere as there was nothing to go on. The user was refunded as per their request which was just an hour and 15 minutes after they made the ticket.
    Last edited by TonyB; 06-19-2009 at 03:08 AM.
    Tony B. - Chief Executive Officer
    Hawk Host Inc. Proudly serving websites since 2004
    Quality Shared and VPS Hosting
    PHP 5.3.x & PHP 5.4.x & PHP 5.5.X & PHP 5.6.X & PHP 7.0.X Support!
      0 Not allowed!

  17. #17
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    30
    tony, you have missed the whole point. its not about speed of refunding me in time. its not about im wrong and you are right. its about customer experience. and I BUSTED YOU RIGHT ON THIS THREAD. you gave me all the hostile business talk and comparisons and not a single word of sincere apology that i was unhappy. you did nothing to MAKE mE a happier customer.

    CEO, yea nice title. where's your basic courtesy? trying to shame me on a forum to say im wrong? im the customer, i give feedback, I RANT. YOU SHUT UP AND LISTEN TO FEEDBACK AND SPEND THE TIME IMPROVING YOUR BUSINESS AND NOT CONTINUE TO JUSTIFY.

    THE FACT IS, IM STILL NOT HAPPY. AND YOUR MAKING ME MORE UPSET, TONY. CEO.

    and what are you here to do again, Tony? to continue to say IM WRONG AND YOUR RIGHT? isnt that the case? well tony, continue doing this, and i'll see what customers think of you.
      0 Not allowed!

  18. #18
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    30
    pure evidence of the tone of Tony. which CEO speaks to the customer in this tone????

    Quote Originally Posted by TonyB View Post
    You demand a refund saying LiteSpeed is the problem yet never make a ticket about any issue. We ask for the problem you say it's LiteSpeed. I insist on knowing the issue and you still refuse to even reveal anything other than it must be LiteSpeed. Is it really so bad that a host wants to work with you on the issue to retain the customer. You flat out refused any help which to me is a very strange approach to using a web host. So this review is all on the premise that you had no interest in using our support and any help we offered was quickly shot down. I even went as far as to start searching for answers going through logs trying to figure this supposed issue.

    So I think this post is all about making us look bad because it's very strange to deal with someone who refuses help. I've gone through all the logs I can find for this account and I cannot even find anything to suggest any issue because the account hasn't even been used at all besides uploading one file via ftp and install one script via fantastico which was removed via fantastico. Frankly I think this thread should be removed.
      0 Not allowed!

  19. #19
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    India
    Posts
    1,233
    Quote Originally Posted by Samuel S View Post
    pure evidence of the tone of Tony. which CEO speaks to the customer in this tone????
    You should try to solve problems with them amicably
      0 Not allowed!

  20. #20
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    643
    Quote Originally Posted by bentink View Post
    You should try to solve problems with them amicably
    I assume that customer has nothing to do in this situation. If company wants his as a customer they should do their best if customer is not polite enough
    ASPnix Web Hosting - ASP.NET, MS SQL, AJAX, Hyper-V
    Microsoft Hosting and Virtualization
      0 Not allowed!

  21. #21
    One question, why weren't you interested in resolving the issue or at the very least tell them the issue so they can get it sorted for future customers who might be using the same extension?
      0 Not allowed!

  22. #22
    intoduction first. many of you would have seen me on this forums regularly recently in search of a host. i was a Liquidweb customer for a good 1year, before i though that i needed a change of environment. Since Liquidweb was the first and only host ive been on, ive never had so called 'bad support' or 'poor uptime'.
    So why did you leave Liquidweb? change of enviroment? hmmm I think there is more to this tale.
    And no the customer isnt always right, I look at it this way does the customer cost you more money than the account is worth? if so time to part ways. Of course there are always exceptions but on the whole I would have let this client go quite easily
      0 Not allowed!

  23. #23
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Indiana, USA
    Posts
    16,087
    I have to say this is one of the strangest threads I've seen here on WHT in a while. I'd really be curious to see the contents of the tickets OP if you don't mind posting them to back up your side of the story?

    I find it very hard to believe HawkHost (Tony or anybody else there) would treat you poorly and if they really did then post it here, otherwise I'm calling BS.
    Michael Denney - MDDHosting LLC
    New shared plans for 2016! Check them out!
    Highly Available Shared, Premium, Reseller, and VPS
    http://www.mddhosting.com/
      0 Not allowed!

  24. #24
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    533
    1. You installed Joomla and only Joomla (according to logs)
    2. You claim it doesn't work but refuse to provide ANY information.
    3. You somehow broke your account even though you have no files on it.
    4. Tony agreed to a refund even though you didn't file for cancellation.
    5. Exactly whats wrong again with Tony's (tone) effort to explain the situation?


    Yes the customer is always right, but from everything written in this thread it seems like a deliberate attempt to scar hawkhost's reputation. Good luck with liquidweb, as any host will find it difficult to accommodate a customer such as yourself.
      0 Not allowed!

  25. #25
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    4,521
    I'll summarise my comments instead of writing long paragraphs.

    As some people had mentioned, can you provide screenshots of the tickets? This review is pretty tricky, as both parties insist the opposite.

    All Tony requires is more information to the issue, which is very useful in diagnosis the problem, so that it will not happen again in future.

    so should report to him each and every issue i encountered
    Of course! Common sense should tell you that when you encounter an issue, you should contact your provider to solve it, and not just running away cause there is a minor problem. You are just running away in this situation!

    im here to get my refund, you solve the issues yourself
    How do you expect him to solve the issue without you providing any information about it?
    HELL. WHO'S THE CUSTOMER?? THE CUSTOMER IS ALWAYS RIGHT, EVEN IF IM WRONG, WHAT GIVES THE CEO THE RIGHT TO TELL ME OFF LIKE THAT?
    "Customer is always right" is a total BS. Don't make it an excuse. What did he said, show the evidence please.
    its about customer experience
    Your way of calling it 'experience' is a joke. You refuse to do it the right way and still make yourself sound so right.
    where's your basic courtesy?
    Then where's yours?
    trying to shame me on a forum to say im wrong?
    The other way round?

    im the customer, i give feedback, I RANT. YOU SHUT UP AND LISTEN TO FEEDBACK AND SPEND THE TIME IMPROVING YOUR BUSINESS AND NOT CONTINUE TO JUSTIFY.
    You are not giving any feedback at all, that is a fact. Instead, you are only looking for trouble. Your hostility is really pissing me off, which I believe Tony feels the same too.
    THE FACT IS, IM STILL NOT HAPPY.
    Who cares if you are happy or not.
    well tony, continue doing this, and i'll see what customers think of you.
    Well Samuel, continue doing this, and I'll see what other companies think of you.
    LIMENEX WEB HOSTING
    Affordable High Performance Web Hosting in United States & United Kingdom
    Web Hosting | Reseller Hosting | Managed VPS | Managed Dedicated Servers | Cheap SSL Certificates
      0 Not allowed!

  26. #26
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    zero one zero one zero
    Posts
    1,468
    Most likely story: signs up on mummys credit card, realizes she's not happy, panics, makes some BS up to get a refund.

    There we go, someone had to say it But in all seriousness, very suspicious when the custom doesn't want to fix the issue, only get their refund and leave, for apparently no reason, hence the above conclusion (drawn from that and the immature attitude).
    Afterburst - the best unmetered VPS - read why here!
      0 Not allowed!

  27. #27
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Cardiff - United Kingdom
    Posts
    1,568
    Very odd thread. I don't agree with wording refund policies as "No questions asked" since that implies that customers can sometimes take a free-ride, although having said that HawkHost seem to have done nothing wrong.

    Quote Originally Posted by Samuel S View Post
    BUSTED YOU RIGHT ON THIS THREAD.
    Not really. You've shown yourself to be a bad client. Yes, HawkHost should have just given a refund - but they actually tried to help you (a sign of a good host) and you just refused.

    Quote Originally Posted by Samuel S View Post
    you did nothing to MAKE mE a happier customer.
    They tried, and you refused.

    Quote Originally Posted by Samuel S View Post
    trying to shame me on a forum to say im wrong?
    You are trying to shame them on a forum. Fair is fair. Don't create a thread if you can't handle people disagreeing with you. This is the internet - making a public thread will lead to both sides of the argument being established.

    Quote Originally Posted by Samuel S View Post
    im the customer, i give feedback, I RANT. YOU SHUT UP AND LISTEN TO FEEDBACK AND SPEND THE TIME IMPROVING YOUR BUSINESS AND NOT CONTINUE TO JUSTIFY.
    What an awful attitude. You are a customer, but that doesn't give you the right to act in this way. HawkHost did nothing wrong other than try to help you?

    Quote Originally Posted by Samuel S View Post
    THE FACT IS, IM STILL NOT HAPPY. AND YOUR MAKING ME MORE UPSET, TONY. CEO.
    Do you think they're happy?

    You signed up to them, and said you had a problem and wanted a refund. You didn't file a cancellation request NOR tell the host what the problem was. They then searched through your logs to try and find the problem. They then refund you, and you come on WHT making a silly thread about it.

    Quote Originally Posted by Samuel S View Post
    and i'll see what customers think of you.
    Everyone in this thread has shown that you are in the wrong here - or at least that HawkHost are acting well here.
    Plagiarism Guard - Protect Against Content Theft
    Tristan Perry - Personal blog
      0 Not allowed!

  28. #28
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    177
    The thing about written communication is 'tone' can easily be mis-interpated.

    Although I feel the OP is posting in a very rude tone
    Darren Tod
    RPD Hosting
      0 Not allowed!

  29. #29
    What a peculiar thread!
    I've been looking at hawkhost so it was surprising to see this amongst all the good reviews but actually, thinking about it, any host that offers to solve your problems for you is very good!
    I think Fizzadar is correct
      0 Not allowed!

  30. #30
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Melbourne, Australia
    Posts
    10,482
    With reading this thread, I have come to a conclusion that the thread is pointless. It is a client that has signed up with hawkhost and has run into a simple issue that could or could not have been resolved if he actually responded to the tickets in which he made to Tony and the Team.

    To what Tony has mentioned, He has tried to offer at max what he can though the client has not taken any notice or consideration to the matter. This sounds like a client that has taken more time to try and destroy hawkhost then taking the time to take the support from the hawkhost staff.

    I do not envy those who do not take all the support first before making a negative review. I believe that Tony has done a wonderful job here, Pitty the OP has not taken the time to actually take the support when it is at hand.

    On a side note, Samuel has not proven anything to as far as the Domain Verification. I am not taking sides here but once more proof is shown then I will start believing.
    l Dedigeeks (Twitter) Shared Reseller Cloud VPS Since 2010
    l Leading AU Hosting Provider Multiple locations - around the globe!
    l cPanel/WHM R1Soft Backups 24/7/365 Support 99.9% Uptime Guarantee
    l www.yourcompanynamehere.com Customer Service Rep. Superior Service Guarantee
      0 Not allowed!

  31. #31
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Tasmania, Australia
    Posts
    34,797
    Quote Originally Posted by JetWash View Post
    On a side note, Samuel has not proven anything to as far as the Domain Verification. I am not taking sides here but once more proof is shown then I will start believing.
    Quote Originally Posted by anon-e-mouse View Post
    Checked and verified thanks
    Both parties have had their say. Good luck to the OP in future.
    Last edited by anon-e-mouse; 06-19-2009 at 06:51 AM.
    If you don’t like the road you’re walking on, start paving a new one.
      0 Not allowed!

Similar Threads

  1. IPOWER=BAD NEWS Hawkhost=Happy Customer
    By tkmo061 in forum Web Hosting
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 08-12-2008, 10:57 PM
  2. Hostmonster is worst in customer service!
    By WebKing in forum Web Hosting
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 09-22-2007, 10:31 AM
  3. Verisign NetSol - the worst customer service!
    By ikehill in forum Web Hosting
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 08-22-2002, 12:38 PM
  4. Rackshack - The worst customer service I have seen
    By Varun Shoor in forum Dedicated Server
    Replies: 58
    Last Post: 06-24-2002, 04:20 PM
  5. voxtreme.com sucks - worst downtime worst service!!!
    By nomercy in forum Reseller Hosting
    Replies: 31
    Last Post: 04-25-2002, 11:24 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •