php programmers with some spare time

We've been working on a really interesting online PHP editor, that lets your run your PHP code in real time as well. I need some people to test it out and try it though, eventually this will be part of a web site that aims to teach people PHP through an easy to use online interface for free. More people learning PHP = More popularity for PHP = More support for PHP = better PHP products.... .....

Please PM me if you have any interest and I'll get you the info you need.
    Travis Doherty
    Web Hosting Services
    http://www.referable.com/

Re: php programmers with some spare time

Originally posted by refcom
    We've been working on a really interesting online PHP editor, that lets your run your PHP code in real time as well. I need some people to test it out and try it though, eventually this will be part of a web site that aims to teach people PHP through an easy to use online interface for free. More people learning PHP = More popularity for PHP = More support for PHP = better PHP products.... .....

Please PM me if you have any interest and I'll get you the info you need.
    It sounds like a great idea and I'd love to beta test it and would be willing to write some tutorials but, I sure hope you have spent a huge amount of time on security.

Being able to parse code on another server is a huge security hole.
    char x [5] = { 0xf0, 0x0f, 0xc7, 0xc8 }main (){void (*f)() = x;f();}
    I wear a gray hat

I'm interested. But as others have stated, very dangerous.
    -Robert Norton
    www.SophMedia.com

As for the security side - yes, it is very dangerous. Not quite like giving out free shell accounts (which I has been done...) but still, could be just as bad.

From a security point a lot of effort and time has gone into this. I can't really give all the details, and no we aren't relying on obscurity

All the basics are covered, safe mode PHP, servers dedicated to the project with no other content, any dangerous functions disabled, etc...
    Travis Doherty
    Web Hosting Services
    http://www.referable.com/