Thumbs up my initial experience with IGXHost

Now that my site has a new lease on life with a new provider, I thought I would share my initial experience with IGXHost, my new provider.

I signed up for their Professional Shared Hosting package, and Jonathan was quick to respond to each and every one of my niggling little questions. As promised on the website, they transferred my backup file from the old space to the new and unpacked everything.

There were a few glitches - at the risk of sounding naive (but I've never had to do this before), the CPanel backup/restore process is somewhat less than seamless - but IGXHost's Rapid Response Team was excellent in ironing out issues with missing folders, subdomains, and even mySQL database glitches.

So, having been burned by AventureMedia (long ago) and HostRefugee (not so long ago), I am wiser (and a bit more cynical) with regards to the world of website ownership...but I have to say that IGXHosting has given me an excellent start to my new web location.

I'm glad you're happy with our service so far and hopefully it will continue to stay this way

Hi,
    To verify that this is legit, what is the domain you have hosted with them?

Or if you do not wish to share it, Please report it here: http://www.webhostingtalk.com/report.php?p=6245191

Good work Jonathon, Glad to see a happy client and it's nice to see things were fixed in time. Good luck to you both, Always nice to hear such good reviews.

Sean B
    l Dedigeeks (Twitter) Shared Reseller Cloud VPS Since 2010
    l Leading AU Hosting Provider Multiple locations - around the globe!
    l cPanel/WHM R1Soft Backups 24/7/365 Support 99.9% Uptime Guarantee
    l www.yourcompanynamehere.com Customer Service Rep. Superior Service Guarantee

Glad to hear about this review, thanks for sharing it.
    WebHostingScene.com - Find a web host, read tips and commentary, and keep up with hosting deals and trends

SensibleHosts.com - Locate realistic hosting plans; avoid oversellers!

Quote Originally Posted by HL-Adam View Post
    Hi,
    To verify that this is legit, what is the domain you have hosted with them?
    Adam: the domain is liquidfractal.org.

I don't mind sharing...it's always easy to bitch and complain about lousy service, so I feel good service (especially for us non-corporate/business types) always deserves a good word in the interests of balance.

Great to hear they got you up and going fast and overcame some of the site transfer issues.
    ||| WebHostingUsers.com
    ||| Rate your web host! Read the Ultimate Guide to Choosing a Web Host
    ||| SuperSourceCode.com
    ||| Rate your scripts! Add your company's scripts

Very happy to hear that you have got good experience with new web hosting company

Quote Originally Posted by liquidfractal View Post
    Adam: the domain is liquidfractal.org.

I don't mind sharing...it's always easy to bitch and complain about lousy service, so I feel good service (especially for us non-corporate/business types) always deserves a good word in the interests of balance.
    Please do not get offended that is commonplace for this board. The Rules are. And we all need follow them
    Good luck

If web host do their job and customer gets what he paid for - that is good web host and no wonder it should has good reviews. Nice done.
    Cheers
    ASPnix Web Hosting - ASP.NET, MS SQL, AJAX, Hyper-V
    Microsoft Hosting and Virtualization

Thanks for your initial comments on your new provider. Hope this time the selection will work great for you. Best of luck and don't forget to update us in future.

Another update with IGXHost.....

Well, so far these guys have been great. My website has been moved, and although I've had to upload some missing files (in case I haven't said it before, it's through no fault of IGXHost - rather, a corrupted CPanel backup ), the tech support team at IGXHost has been really, REALLY helpful in helping me set the parameters and PHP values I need for my website.

There's nothing worse than having your web provider's plug pulled and scrambling to backup and transfer email because you don't know how long it will be before your site is toast! And as irritated as I am about having to go through the whole process of finding a new provider in crisis-mode, I have to give a lot of credit to IGXHost for making the transition as seamless as possible. Big props so far!