2.15% Merchant Accounts For Web Hosts

MerchantAcc.com provides low-cost Authorize.net Merchant Accounts at a 2.15% discount rate. The lowest discount rate currently available. Our merchant accounts are specifically for web hosting companies and internet service providers.

Pricing:

2.15% Discount Rate
    $0.30 cents Authorization fee ($0.25 Visa/Mastercard + $0.05 Authorize.Net)
    No monthly application fee
    $10 monthly statement fee
    $10 monthly Authorize.Net gateway fee
    eCheck 1% Discount Rate + $0.25 cents per transaction (eCheck is optional)

Program Details:

No Setup fees for your Merchant Account, Payment Gateway and eCheck Account.
    Instant Internet Certified Merchant Account for immediate transaction processing.
    Secure, encrypted, SSL real time processing Payment Gateway (weblink).
    Virtual Terminal for key entered telesales.
    Acceptance of all Major Credit Cards.

No Paperwork.
    All funds deposited into the commercial checking account of your choice.
    24/7 Customer Support.
    Online reporting and real time management of your transactions.

Fill out our application if you would like to see if you qualify at http://www.MerchantAcc.com
    DatacenterHardware.com
    Remote Power Switch / Switched PDU
      0 Not allowed!

I would recommend people NOT take advantage of this offer. Its offered with Online Data Corp, *MANY MANY MANY* (just do a search of Online Data Corp) companies on these boards have been screwed over (including us) quite badly by Online Data Corp, they will setup your account and then turn around and cancel it in 30 days, say after you ran $1000.00 worth of transactions...with us it just happened to be $9,500.00 to be exact.

This is not an attack on your post, Its a great offer aside. I would of signed up myself until seeing Online Data's tag on your site.
    Last edited by AlaskanWolf; 11-06-2002 at 10:18 PM.
      0 Not allowed!

How would this not be an attack?
    When you sell a merchant account from authorize.net yourself?
    No offense, just curious.
      0 Not allowed!

AW has posted his experience about when he used the company, which is fine. He also hid his signature, which he didnt have to do, but did, because his services are advertised in it. Thanks for the review AW
      0 Not allowed!

Thanks & well said Akash, that was exactly what i was trying to get across, awesome offer but the processor is known alot of screwing companies, many on this board.

The reason I hid my sig is because it was just that, a review of a company we used in the past and got quite screwed over with and to show respect to the org. poster to show that even though we offer such services though a partner company i didnt want to impose that in my post.

Last edited by AlaskanWolf; 11-08-2002 at 01:26 AM.
      0 Not allowed!

kudos aw didnt know you could hide your sig per post. live n learn.
    --
    Rich
      0 Not allowed!

I'm sure with any company, there will be unhappy customers. AlaskanWolf, if you can let me know the company name you went with while going with an account with Online Data, I can get some more information on your problems you had with them.

This is not an attack on your post, Its a great offer aside. I would of signed up myself until seeing Online Data's tag on your site.
    Not sure why you would be signing up for a merchant account with another company, when you already provide merchant accounts yourself.

Online Data has over 18,000 clients, with many of those being long-time clients. For example, the offer I am providing is the same offer being given to many ISPs belonging to an organization called AASP. I haven't heard of any of those 800+ ISPs complaining about Online Data. The AASP even lists Online Data Corp as an official partner. They are obviously very well-respected by many companies. The company has also offered their services to many other organizations, companies, and individuals.

9 out of 10 times when posts like AlaskanWolf's happen, usually it is something the merchant did that was extremely terrible for Online Data. It comes to the point that they have to cancel the account or withhold funds.

Most likely the only way you'll know for sure if Online Data Corp is any good is to try them yourselves.
    DatacenterHardware.com
      0 Not allowed!

How would this not be an attack?
    I think Alaskanwolf has been selling merchant accounts only recently. I remember reading his thread a long time ago where had specifically mentioned of the money he had lost because of the credit card processor (I however do not know which company it was).

May be because of his bad experience he saw an opportunity and is taking advantage of it by selling his own merchant accounts. It is ok that he is warning other users so they can do some homework. I don't see any conflict of interest there.
      0 Not allowed!

I will never use Online Data Corp again, they cost our company thousands of dollars in $$ and hundreds of hours of misery. Just because I offer merchant accounts though a partner company (IE: referral program), doesn't mean I cant take advantage of new offers that can save me money.

And your assumption foresaid goes to show that you don't want my business because we offer merchant accounts, yet we are a hosting company. (if the case was otherwise).

In fact with that said, if you were able to use another processor aside from Online Data Corp, you would have my application within seconds!

No where in my posts will you see me advertising anything, I even took EXTRA steps to not show my sig which does show references to merchant accounts, so your assumptions are totally uncalled for. no where in my posts have i advertised ANYTHING. so people bringing up the fact that im attempting to advertise is LUDICROUS

Its clearly a post to make aware that me and quite a few other companies on this board have been lured in by ODC's "Instant Merchant Accounts" and were screwed even before we were settled in

You are representing a company that has a very bad vibe with many companies on this board, and the prev. poster is correct in his assumption that Online Data Corp is the exact company that we had the issue with.

Example threads of customers screwed by ODC:
    http://webhostingtalk.com/showthread...line+Data+Corp

Even our old buddie Timmmee had his account canceled with Online Data Corp after basically the same thing happening, from what I heard he had a few chargeback's and they ended up canceling his account.

The reason they have so many accounts, which is far from large is because of they don't have enough staff to keep canceling new accounts that are setup by unsuspected customers.
    Last edited by AlaskanWolf; 11-06-2002 at 11:31 PM.
      0 Not allowed!

Originally posted by Gurudev

I think Alaskanwolf has been selling merchant accounts only recently. I remember reading his thread a long time ago where had specifically mentioned of the money he had lost because of the credit card processor (I however do not know which company it was).

May be because of his bad experience he saw an opportunity and is taking advantage of it by selling his own merchant accounts. It is ok that he is warning other users so they can do some homework. I don't see any conflict of interest there.
    It's not so much that it's just Alaskanwolf's lone opinion because there are many more regulars who post here who've had the same thing done to them. While no one but you can make the choice to use them or not, I trust people like Gary when he states to avoid them. I think it's honorable that he is letting us use his mistake as our benefit.
      0 Not allowed!

Thanks AlaskanWolf!

I almost signed up!
      0 Not allowed!

I looked into AlaskanWolf's account with Online Data Corp, and apparently they terminated their relationship with him based on the way he ran his business. He obviously was not running it a-okay.

We can't get into anymore details over the forum, since it would be inappropriate to do so.
    DatacenterHardware.com
      0 Not allowed!

I looked into AlaskanWolf's account with Online Data Corp, and apparently they terminated their relationship with him based on the way he ran his business. He obviously was not running it a-okay.

We can't get into anymore details over the forum, since it would be inappropriate to do so.
    I think you just crossed the line. Here is a guy that seems to be just a reseller of ODC, and I did not give you *any* authorization to access my account with ODC. I think its time for a call to ODC tomorrow.

I want your full contact information Ben, if you dont supply it to me, i will find it either way. Im serioulsy taking this to the President of ODC.

The whole story was we had an account with ODC, we ran 1 months worth of transactions, and after the end of our first months transactions, they closed the account, resulting in them withholding 9,500.00 in funds, which we ended up going into their bluepay area and doing 100% refunds before the account was totally closed.

I am disgusted by a company to show such disregard for privacy policies and by your total disregard of me and my companies privacy. The issue I had with ODC is none of your business. If i wanted you to deal with it, I would have, but that was old news, which was already dealt with and both companies went our own ways, us finding a new merchant provider which seems to like us (IE: we do run a a-ok business)
    Last edited by AlaskanWolf; 11-08-2002 at 02:13 AM.
      0 Not allowed!

I see 2 things wrong here:

1) Ben you shouldn't have done what you did.
    2) AW: Maybe PM'ing him first would have gotten him to remove it. Then if he didn't you could have PM'ed/emailed chicken or any of the other mods.

Both you guys just broke a couple rules (both WHT rules, and business ethics rules) and i think now this thread deserves to be trashed...

...unprofessionalism on both sides, and I highly suggest you edit both your posts to a "." and handle it off forums
      0 Not allowed!

No Im sorry I do not see handling this by PM'ing him would of changed anything. He clearly broke likely ODC's company policy's along with privacy laws.

Yes, my initial post was derogatory and did show unprofessionalism, which I have altered to show a bit more professionalism after I have cooled off my steam, which should be understandable as you can see, all i did was be honest with everyone on WHT and post a review which i still stand by.

I suggest to the mods (and I have already notified them via the Report to mod) to close this rather then trashing it because it clearly shows the professionalism of Ben and his company and his non-sense of privacy with companies which post a fair review of his offers.

Thank you again Akash for your remarks.
    Last edited by AlaskanWolf; 11-08-2002 at 01:43 AM.
      0 Not allowed!

Originally posted by AlaskanWolf
    I would recommend people NOT take advantage of this offer.
    I don't think this was professional either Gary. I'm not certain as to what problems you had with this processor, and I'm aware that other hosts have had problems as well, *however* there may be reasons for those problems, and unless you're saying that this processor screws everyone for no reason, then I think it would have been proper to discuss the matter privately first.

You pretty much killed the ad with your first post so I don't see a point in leaving it open, however I'm not sure your method of reviewing the processor was proper and fair to the thread starter. I can't imagine what the post said before it was edited, but I'd rather not know.
    HostHideout.com - Where professionals discuss web hosting.

Chicken
      0 Not allowed!