Thumbs up Wow!! WHT is actually loading fast!!!

I tried to visit WHT this morning around 7:30 am Pacific Time and it was down for maintenance. I came back now and it's running almost as fast as most other boards I visit instead of the usual super sluggish ad loading delays. This is amazing. Will it last? Please tell me it will, lie to me if you have to.

If it stays like this I'll disable my ad blocker plugin so I can see a few ads once in a while. WTG WHT!!!!
    Everyone is entitled to MY opinion.
    CatfishEd.com

Dont see the improvement at all; if anything at all it feels more sluggish to me, no idea what was the upgrade about but it didn't change anything i can 'feel' or 'see'.

I would love to block the adds as well, but i want to see what others are advertising; keep an eye on the market the easy way

Quote Originally Posted by 040Hosting View Post
    Dont see the improvement at all; if anything at all it feels more sluggish to me, no idea what was the upgrade about but it didn't change anything i can 'feel' or 'see'.
    So far, i've noticed that there are bookmarks and tags at the bottom of threads, and a community link at the top in the sub-menu.
    Shaun
    "Winners never quit. Quitters never win."

I came back now and it's running almost as fast as most other boards I visit instead of the usual super sluggish ad loading delays.
    I can't say that I noticed a difference either. We're both in Europe, maybe that has something to do with it?

Loads faster for me in the US. Has been all morning since the upgrade.
    If you have to operate your company behind the scenes or under a fake name, maybe it's time to leave the industry and start something fresh.

Good to hear the US visitors seem to have a faster load; maybe its just busy on the pipes over the big pond, or the fishes are lazy today
    » cPanel Servers in Europe: Strasbourg (FR), Haarlem & Amsterdam (NL) & Kent (UK), USA (Los Angeles, St.Louis), Asia (Singapore) | Follow us at Twitter: @040hosting
    »
    Shared | Reseller | (managed) Dedicated Hosting | Domain Registrar | SSL Registrar | Cloudlinux Partner| 040Hosting (Registered company #17093425 KVK Eindhoven, The Netherlands)

Quote Originally Posted by 040Hosting View Post
    Good to hear the US visitors seem to have a faster load; maybe its just busy on the pipes over the big pond, or the fishes are lazy today
    Those darn fishes eatin the intarwebz.

I hadn't noticed any speed increases because the forum was always fast for me, but now that you guys mention it I believe it has improved a bit.

Used to load slow as hell but its fast for me now. where is wht hosted i heard there no longer with rackspace?
    Leader of the new anti sig spamming club.

It's been hosted at Softlayer since the last hack.

No problem here with download speed, but I don't really recall ever having a problem with WHT.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve-********* View Post
    No problem here with download speed, but I don't really recall ever having a problem with WHT.
    well before the hack I had constant hangs and slow loading. now its all instant
    Leader of the new anti sig spamming club.

Quote Originally Posted by darkeden View Post
    well before the hack I had constant hangs and slow loading. now its all instant

Lol same.... was slow over @ RackSpace and now that it has been moved over to SoftLayer, it's been flying.

i am noticing a slight speed improvement from Ireland, maybe its cause all the kids that clog the net with crap like bebo are now in bed
    If you need help about anything to do with WHT, check out the Helpdesk

WHT has always loaded very quickly for me.