Thread: Starting out...

* Starting out...

Hello, I am just starting out and I have been working with a reseller for some time now and I would like to start to get a server and host from my office. I have my own server and dedicated IP's.

I was wondering if you need to setup DNS on this server for web site? If so how do you set this up on a Linux server?

I was also planning on running Parallels site builder, has anyone run this?

New Jersey, US
    Unless you are going to use external dns, then you will need to setup dns on your own server. If you use a control panel like cpanel, most of the setup is done automatically. Otherwise you would have to manually install a program like bind and setup the dns zones and nameserver records.
    PlatinumServerManagement (also known as PSM)
    The OLDEST and LARGEST and MOST TRUSTED server management provider in the USA, with 15+ employees and growing!
    Providing quality support for OVER 18 years! Currently supporting over 3,000+ servers monthly! Proud member of the NJ BBB & Chamber of Commerce & Authorized cPanel Partner.

Has anyone setup BIND that has a tutorial, I have been trying to figure out how to set that up.