VB Forums on VPS Hosts, examples please?

Hello, I run a small vb forum that is quickly expanding beyond the shared hosting plan we currently have with GoDaddy. So far we have been looking at VPS as a solution that would allow us to grow as we grow.

I hope I'm allowed to ask this, but I am looking for examples of vb forums that have about 100 concurrently logged in members and examples of vb forums with 200 members concurrently logged in and are running on either KnownHost or WiredTree (or an alternative service).

Please provide a link to your forum, the name of the host, and the VPS package you currently have. Finally, please let me know if you are utilizing Litespeed.

I'm hoping this will become a great resource for growing community owners looking to take the next step.

Link:
    Provider:
    VPS Package:

Thank you very much
    Spada
    Last edited by Spada; 06-18-2009 at 01:33 AM.

Hello Spada
    I suppose would be useful to visit forums theadminezone and vbuletin fans. There are some web hosting and VB related discussions there and I think you will be able to have some results there
    Good luck

Look through the biggest Vbuletin boards and then using domaintools check which web hosting they are using
    ASPnix Web Hosting - ASP.NET, MS SQL, AJAX, Hyper-V
    Microsoft Hosting and Virtualization

Quote Originally Posted by Spada View Post
    Hello, I run a small vb forum that is quickly expanding beyond the shared hosting plan we currently have with GoDaddy. So far we have been looking at VPS as a solution that would allow us to grow as we grow.

I hope I'm allowed to ask this, but I am looking for examples of vb forums that have about 100 concurrently logged in members and examples of vb forums with 200 members concurrently logged in and are running on either KnownHost or WiredTree (or an alternative service).

Please provide a link to your forum, the name of the host, and the VPS package you currently have. Finally, please let me know if you are utilizing Litespeed.

I'm hoping this will become a great resource for growing community owners looking to take the next step.

Link:
    Provider:
    VPS Package:

Thank you very much
    Spada
    I understand what you're trying to achieve, but the fact is, that as long as the host node is not overloaded, and the users virtual machine is optimized, there is a great chance that the forum will preform MUCH better on a powerful VPS node then it would on a out of date small end system.

/My two cents

Well I would suggest you to increase your Shared Hosting Package from your Host
    Migrating on a VPS is not a good idea, if you have low budget, as it would just leech your money.
    A good Offshore VPS would range from 15$-60$/month

Anyways, hope everything goes well

My VB site ran great on one of vaserv tx nodes.
    USNYR Hosting

Quote Originally Posted by ZacUSNYR View Post
    My VB site ran great on one of vaserv tx nodes.
    I assume that is always the question of size not on the forum software. That means you can be happy with any web hosting solution till it suits you by size
    ASPnix Web Hosting - ASP.NET, MS SQL, AJAX, Hyper-V
    Microsoft Hosting and Virtualization