Need to upgrade/move web hosts

So, I've been hosting with different companies for nearly 12 or so years now. I've been with Lunarpages for a few years now, and other than their horribly slow customer support, I've been fairly happy with them. However, I've been using their shared hosting and outgrown it. They've shut down my sites in recent weeks because of too much resource use (blogs).

I need something more robust that won't go down all the time. I don't really want to manage my own server or anything, so I'd need something managed at worst. This is just sort of a hobby, so i'd prefer not to spend a ton of money, but also want something of quality--so I'll spend more to get that. Any suggestions?

The big hosts are generally a lot more strict on resource use than your average smaller or mid-size host who would be much more inclined to work with you to keep your host. So what I'm trying to say is just because you've outgrown LunarPages shared hosting doesn't mean you've outgrown shared hosting in general.
    Laurence Flynn @ atOmicVPS LTD
    Linux & Windows Cloud Hosting Solutions Powered by OnApp
    Fully Managed [Shared][Reseller][Cloud VPS] [Dedicated]
    Featuring the atOmicSTACK ● Speed ● Performance ● Reliability

What software do you run at your blog? how many visitors? in case that you were running Wordpress, have you installed WP-SuperCache?
    Shared Web Hosting - Reseller Hosting - Semi-Dedicated Servers - SolusVM/XEN VPS
    LiteSpeed Powered - R1Soft Continuous Data Protection - 24/7 Chat/Email/Helpdesk Support
    Cpanel/WHM - Softaculous - R1soft Backup - Litespeed - Cloudlinux -Site Builder- SSH support - Account Migration
    DowntownHost LLC - In Business since 2001- West/Center/East USA - Netherlands - Singapore

doesn't mean you've outgrown shared hosting in general.
    Especially if we're talking about more expensive shared hosting. There's only so much that can be provided for $10/ month or thereabouts.

5. go for the smaller host, most of the time they have superior support as they need every single one of their customer to stay with them. You can search around WHT for reviews.

asmallorange, hawkhost and downtownhost have a few positive reviews here in wht

I use WordPress and WP-SuperCache. The site doesn't pull that many visitors, but it is prone to spikes. I will check out some of the smaller hosts.

Maybe a plugin is causing the problem? you may want to investigate that.
    Shared Web Hosting - Reseller Hosting - Semi-Dedicated Servers - SolusVM/XEN VPS
    LiteSpeed Powered - R1Soft Continuous Data Protection - 24/7 Chat/Email/Helpdesk Support
    Cpanel/WHM - Softaculous - R1soft Backup - Litespeed - Cloudlinux -Site Builder- SSH support - Account Migration
    DowntownHost LLC - In Business since 2001- West/Center/East USA - Netherlands - Singapore

I would recommend you to try Host Gator.

Hi,

A part from optimizing ... what could be optimized on your side you have 2 other options - to get a virtual private server or to sign up for any Cloud hosting solution. The cloud solution would be more expensive.
    Host Color Cloud Servers & Dedicated Hosting & European Infrastructure Hosting
    U.S. Data center 90 miles from Chicago
    Network ★ AS46873 Level 3, Cogent, Hurricane Electric, Retn.net, Midwest Peering
    24/7 Support 1-574-367-2393; Skype: HostColor

if you have outgrown shared web hosting resources you will probably have to move to the next level, which is VPS.
    Or maybe they shut you down because all of your blogs were on one shared hosting account, try to separate you hosting account to two hosting accounts.

How much web space and bandwidth do you use a month might i ask?

Try looking for cheap vps. You'll know exactly how much processing power and RAM you have on your disposal. Today prices for VPS are starting from $10/month so it shouldn't be too expensive. For $30/month you could get 512MB ram (for you only, no sharing) or even more at some providers.