Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

PlatinumServerManagement Experience - I need new server Admin

I have been using platinumservermanagement for over 6 months now and recently all their responds are taking forever, and most of the time when I get a respond back it's either a stupid comment like:

"Please create another ticket for it"
    "We are working on it"
    "We do not have the required information"

It took them about 24 hours before they changed the dns on my site, because we had to go though a bunch of pointless convos.

Well I have about 5 servers with them paying them about $105 every month and they aren't even doing their jobs properly. Seems like the have a staff cut or something.

Anyways I am looking for recommendations if anyone you know is good at server management, ddos prevention, inquires in to hacking attempts and attacks.
      0 Not allowed!

I'm sorry that you were not satisfied with our service but you left quite a bit of details out and as usual are grossly exaggerating.

First of all, you do not have 5 servers with us, the most you ever had in your account at any time was 3 servers, and you currently only have 2 servers in your account with us now. This is important because the amount of tickets you submit is relative to the amount of servers you have.

For only 2 servers, you submit up an extremely high volume of tickets. On average you submit about 5 Tickets per day every day, and on many occassions you have submitted up 10 to 15 Tickets per day still for only 2 servers.

Since we offer unlimited support, we have never limited you or cancelled you because of the high volume, but naturally you can expect response times to be slower than average. However, despite the extreme high volume of tickets, still absolutely none of your tickets have ever exceeded the 24 hour guarantee that we promise. In fact, although some ticket resolutions took near the maximum, the majority of ticket resolutions were just a few hours each.

As anyone reading your post can probably tell, the way you spoke to our staff was quite abusive and insulting too. Any time a ticket took longer than a few hours you would start complaining and becoming rude to our staff. So much so that we received many complaints from our staff about your tickets.

Ironically, you were constantly bumping tickets and constantly opening duplicate tickets, both which caused the tickets to be lower in the queue. We repeatedly asked you to stop but you continued to do so anyway. So you were creating your own problems by doing this.

Anyway, I wish you the best with another provider. My suggestion is that if you must have a resolution within 2 hours, then find a provider that guarantees a resolution within 2 hours. It's unfair to agree to a 24 hour resolution guarantee, then complain when it takes anything within that timeframe. Especially under your extreme high volume of tickets, and considering most tickets are completed within just a few hours only.

Thanks,
    Ethan
    Last edited by ServerManagement; 06-18-2009 at 05:28 AM.
    PlatinumServerManagement (also known as PSM)
    The OLDEST and LARGEST and MOST TRUSTED server management provider in the USA, with 15+ employees and growing!
    Providing quality support for OVER 21 years! Currently supporting over 3,000+ servers monthly!

www.PlatinumServerManagement.com Proud member of the NJ BBB & Chamber of Commerce & Authorized cPanel Partner.
      0 Not allowed!

Another troublemaker visiting WHT to damage PSM...
      0 Not allowed!

Actually it sounds like melvinng knows nothing about servers and if they are submitting that amount of tickets per day to PSM, i would suggest looking for a managed server solution.
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by melvinng View Post
    Anyways I am looking for recommendations
    It seems clear your expectations are much higher than you are willing to pay for, so there can be only one recommendation:

Learn and do it yourself.
    “Even those who arrange and design shrubberies are under
    considerable economic stress at this period in history.”
      0 Not allowed!

abit poor PSM having to some here and say that..

shame they couldnt provide you a proper service.. =-/
    Martyn
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by melvinng View Post
    I have been using platinumservermanagement for over 6 months now and recently all their responds are taking forever, and most of the time when I get a respond back it's either a stupid comment like:

"Please create another ticket for it"
    "We are working on it"
    "We do not have the required information"

It took them about 24 hours before they changed the dns on my site, because we had to go though a bunch of pointless convos.

Well I have about 5 servers with them paying them about $105 every month and they aren't even doing their jobs properly. Seems like the have a staff cut or something.

Anyways I am looking for recommendations if anyone you know is good at server management, ddos prevention, inquires in to hacking attempts and attacks.
    I doubt RackSpace would even host you with your extremely high amount of support requests you put in even though you are paying a premium with them. If you don't know what you're doing with a dedicated server/VPS, get a reseller/shared account, simple as that.
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by MartynD View Post
    Based on your posting history I don't think you can claim to be an expert evaluator of what proper service is.

5 tickets per day, even if they could be all resolved in 2 minutes each, is 5 * 30 * 2 = 300 minutes of service; at approximately 100 dollars monthly, that translates to $0.35 per minute or a rate of $21.00 hourly. If they are resolved in 3 minutes that hourly rate drops to $14.00 hourly.

(A senior Unix sysadmin can easily pull in 70 - $100 an hour plus on the consulting circuit, much more if they are proficient in end to end systems design)

PSM is spot on in firing the customer in my considered opinion.

These systems might be priced as commodities but they are not toasters. If the OP is unwilling to self-educate, the OP will have to pay a proper price for the princely service he seems to expect.
    Last edited by mwatkins; 06-18-2009 at 05:11 PM.
    “Even those who arrange and design shrubberies are under
    considerable economic stress at this period in history.”
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by MartynD View Post
    abit poor PSM having to some here and say that..

Any customer that submits 15 tickets a day and complains they are not being done fast enough is just a horror. That customer sounds like one of those aggressive abusive customers that can never be satisfied no matter what. They just love to complain about every thing and any thing no matter what. We have all had customers like that and nobody wants them, so don't just assume the provider is automatically wrong just because of the old saying that the customer is always right. There is nothing said so far that would make me believe PSM was inadequate in any shape or form. All the posts I read about PSM say they are great, so I am believing PSM over some some newb ranting here.
      0 Not allowed!

I'd love to see these tickets, they must be a riot.
    ---
    Jon Berry
    Proactive Server Management
    http://www.got-management.com
      0 Not allowed!

I have only heard good things from our customers about PSM.
    Fast Serv Networks, LLC | AS29889 | DDOS Protected | Managed Cloud, Streaming, Dedicated Servers, Colo by-the-U
    Since 2003 - Ashburn VA + San Diego CA Datacenters
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by AquariusADMIN View Post
    I doubt RackSpace would even host you with your extremely high amount of support requests you put in even though you are paying a premium with them. If you don't know what you're doing with a dedicated server/VPS, get a reseller/shared account, simple as that.
    I don't think shared/reseller account is good enough for him either, in fact, worst, given the way he abuses the package. He is paying a few bucks and he is already using resources costing $100+++, do you think anyone will be suitable for him?
      0 Not allowed!

I'd like to see proof from both sides, some big accusations being thrown around.
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Ramprage View Post
    I'd like to see proof from both sides, some big accusations being thrown around.
    We'd love to provide proof, we have plenty of it, but unfortunately due to our privacy policy we can't.

If the OP says we can, or disputes what we are saying, then we will do so.

In the meantime, you'll have to draw your own conclusion based on the credibility thus far of each party.
    The OLDEST and LARGEST and MOST TRUSTED server management provider in the USA, with 15+ employees and growing!
    Providing quality support for OVER 21 years! Currently supporting over 3,000+ servers monthly!

www.PlatinumServerManagement.com Proud member of the NJ BBB & Chamber of Commerce & Authorized cPanel Partner.
      0 Not allowed!

PSM has plenty of credibility here, every review I see about them is positive, and I'm a customer and I know first hand they provide great service, so I am not going to be swayed by one post from a brand newbie with almost no other posts.
    They call me the bread baker
      0 Not allowed!

Hmm,
    well i am not supporting or opposing him.. Everything depends upon the revenue he is getting.. If you are getting pretty good catch go for a priced support provider.. 15 tickets per day means .. 450 tickets per month.. On an average scale one ticket resolution costs min $ 2 .. So total per month if you need quality support with average 1 hour response time you should be paying minimum $ 900 per month.. If so you will get reasonable support.-the way you wish.. Same manner if the requests are coming from your own clients beyond a limit .. Charge them too.. Plan things every thing will work out.. Also try to realize that a friendly relation between your server support provider and you will always be better .. You also will be happy .. Staff too will be happy..

Alan john..
      0 Not allowed!

I been work with ActiveLobby more than 2 years ! Just search on them here and see how they are, and how they fast in resolving problem, and how the price with them ticket's !!

activelobby@hotmail.com < MSN

Cheers!
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by ServerManagement View Post
    ...due to our privacy policy we can't.

...or disputes what we are saying, then we will do so.
    Are you stating that if they dispute what you say, that negates the privacy policy? Interesting policy, if so.
    Your one stop shop for decentralization
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by w4Net View Post
    Actually it sounds like melvinng knows nothing about servers and if they are submitting that amount of tickets per day to PSM, i would suggest looking for a managed server solution.
    Quote Originally Posted by AquariusADMIN
    Why would he need to do that... according to their website...

Quote Originally Posted by PSM's Website
    We realize the need for your servers to be running 100% of the time as well as being updated with the most current software. It is our job to manage your servers 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year. Managing servers can be a difficult and time consuming task, even for the most experienced technician. In addition, not everyone is capable of fixing and monitoring their servers all hours of the day. We're here to take that responsibility off your shoulders.
    Seem's that's what they offer....

Sirius
    I support the Human Rights Campaign!
    Moving to the Tampa, Florida area? Check out life in the suburbs in Trinity, Florida.
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by bear View Post
    Are you stating that if they dispute what you say, that negates the privacy policy? Interesting policy, if so.
    If someone wants a matter to remain private, then they would not be posting in public in the first place.

Even the WHT rules say "Warning. Your postings on this public forum will become public."

Once someone does post publicly, that means they want to publicize the matter. You can not spout off at a company and then say the company can't respond as necessary.

Nobody forced them to come here, nobody forced them to mention our name. They willingly choose to do so and as a result we have an obligation to respond in kind.

So if you want to remain private, then do not bring it to a public venue.
    We did not disclose any private information at all.
    If they accuse us of lieing and publicly ridicule us, then we have a duty to prove the facts as stated.

0 Not allowed!

The OP seems a bit of a bully, and he also needs to read the terms and conditions before reading. PSM did everything they advertised to do, and the OP submitted a crazy amount of tickets, and then he bashes them here. I think he does this because he's under the silly impression that threats equals results.

See here:

http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?t=710778

As far as I see, SHARKTECH aren't advertising a set set-up time. But yet the OP's replies goes thus:

• "I need a server for converting files and gaming through a VPN (Prevent ddos on my network).

What would you recommend?"
    • "I purchased it but still haven't received the paypal payment request yet.

Here are my order details:

Order Number: 1684267017

Product/Service: HOT Deal (3)
      Domain:
      First Payment Amount: $289.00
      Recurring Amount: $289.00
      Billing Cycle: Monthly"
    • "Purchased it 24 hours ago, still waiting for server to finish set up.

Regards,"
    • "I think I have waited long enough now, it's been 48 hours and the server isn't up yet. I would like to cancel the server and move to another provider.

Please refund me my money because this is taking too long."
    • [SHARKTECH reply, apologising saying it was set-up yesterday]
    • "Yes, thanks for setting it up for me, server seems really good and fast. I will post a review here within 2 weeks on how well the server is doing.

I also have another question, regarding the 3rd month for $50 deal, I might require another 2 more months if this server fits my needs, is it still possible for me to pay you the additional $339 for 2 more months within 2 days? I didn't pay for 3 months because this is the first time I am using your services and need to test the speed and see if it fits my purposes first. If this server fits my needs, I would like to pay for another 2 months in advance.

Regards,
      Melvin

- did Melvin want a refund, or just to threaten his way into getting the server deployed? The fact he instantly say "Thanks, all looks good" etc suggests it's the latter.

Melvin seems a very poor client, congratulations to PSM for.. erm... not having him as a client anymore
    Plagiarism Guard - Protect Against Content Theft
    Tristan Perry - Personal blog
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by ServerManagement View Post
    So if you want to remain private, then do not bring it to a public venue.
    What I'm seeing is that you're saying that anyone posting to a public forum about your company means you aren't under any obligation to honor your privacy policy, and you can then release any part of the person's information or correspondence you wish in order to sufficiently discredit them and prove your point.

Noted.
    You don't see many providers in this day and age taking that bold of a posture when it comes to (lack of) privacy policies, but it would make me think twice about signing up, personally.
    Best of luck, I'm done here.

Just to note, if the info is correct about this signup, you did right by refusing the business. I also would have.
    Your one stop shop for decentralization
      0 Not allowed!

We have no intentions of releasing any private information at all whatsoever and have never done so. But if someone says we are lieing, then yes we have to provide proof that we are telling the truth. It's not fair to be publicly accused of lieing and then not be allowed to prove it.

I have seen this done many times before with hosts where the customer says they were terminated for no reason and then the host provides proof they were past due or they were abusive or whatever the circumstances were.

We would not divulge any personal info, server info, or anything that is irrelevant. Only what is pertinent to what we are being accused of lieing about.

For example, we said he was very abusive, so if he says that is a lie, we will post the excerpts of him being abusive, nothing else.

Remember, if you want to keep your business private, don't discuss in public.

Thank you

0 Not allowed!

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by bear View Post
    What I'm seeing is that you're saying that anyone posting to a public forum about your company means you aren't under any obligation to honor your privacy policy, and you can then release any part of the person's information or correspondence you wish in order to sufficiently discredit them and prove your point.

Noted.
    You don't see many providers in this day and age taking that bold of a posture when it comes to (lack of) privacy policies, but it would make me think twice about signing up, personally.
    Best of luck, I'm done here.

Just to note, if the info is correct about this signup, you did right by refusing the business. I also would have.
    Actual issue is side tracking. I think PSM has been very professional at this matter. They don't support litespeed, otherwise i would be a PSM customer.
      0 Not allowed!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast