Clustering 3 Dedicated Server - Nameserver Config

Hey,

I have 2 dedicated server, and I will be expecting heavy load on certain times, and I need the second server to kick in like www2.website.com whenever my first one goes down.

I need this also because I was experiencing a lot of ddos attacks.

Can someone teach me or show me a website that I can read up? I have search on google but could not find anything...

I can pay someone to teach me how to do this.

You may want to go with a managed provider to help you out like Liquid Web and or GigeNet. As far as the DNS you may want to go with something like DNS Made Easy.

What about Afraid.org does that work?

Go with a management service company that would be your best option.

Quote Originally Posted by melvinng View Post
    What about Afraid.org does that work?
    Yes. I would recommend EveryDNS and or DynDns. Both are free alternatives. A management company would be better to assist you.

A managed solution provider would be the best solution as they can analyze your problem correctly and provide you a good solution.If your load goes up only due to DDOS, you might need to look into DDOS protection.

Sure, you can hire someone to configure the system for you. Just post a request in the appropriate section. There are many folks around who make money from offering system and network administration services. I would suggest you to spend some time in Managed Hosting and Services as well.
    Host Color Cloud Servers & Dedicated Hosting & European Infrastructure Hosting
    U.S. Data center 90 miles from Chicago
    Network ★ AS46873 Level 3, Cogent, Hurricane Electric, Retn.net, Midwest Peering
    24/7 Support 1-574-367-2393; Skype: HostColor

What you need is a load balancer. This will distribute the load between 2 servers automatically. I'm not sure if Linux has something like that using software but in Windows 2003/2008 Load Balancer is free is you can configure it pretty easy (if you cannot pay for HARDWARE based load balancer).

Try setting up a load balancer in front of your servers.

You can use hardware load balancers but they are expensive. So try a software one first.

Nginx, HAProxy, Varnish, Perlbal are all widely used load balancers. And they are all free.