RsyncPalace - New website special - 50 GB free backup space + 20% off.

Rsync Palace started its operations on April of 2007. That means that we have more than TWO years of operation experience in our bags; we assure you that we're not going anywhere! Even if the price is somewhat higher than what others are offering, you get peace of mind knowing that we are serious about our business and that we're not an overnight fly-by provider.

To celebrate the launch of our new website, the first 10 who follow us @RsyncPalace (http://twitter.com/RsyncPalace) and @reply with "Going to try out RsyncPalace.com" will receive 50 GB of additional quota, and 20% off everyone invoice. You will be direct messaged a coupon, to signup for this offer. * New Customers Only.

First 5 existing customers to @reply "<3 RsyncPalace.com" will get 10 GB of disk quota added to their account. FCFS.

Purchase an annual plan and pay for 2 months less as paying monthly!

We now offer a chance for you to be verified as a web host that does backups! Check http://www.rsyncpalace.com/verify.php for more information.

What we support/offer:

LOS ANGELES

* rsync - encrypted SSH transfer.
    * rdiff-backup - incremental backup.
    * Samba - mount on the fly!
    * WebDav - manage your files.
    * FTP, SSH (SCP) transfer and access.
    --
    * cPanel 11 access
    --
    * Unmetered Data Transfer.

PENNSYLVANIA
    * rsync - encrypted SSH transfer.
    * rdiff-backup - incremental backup.
    * Samba - mount on the fly!
    * WebDav - manage your files.
    * FTP, SSH (SCP) transfer and access.
    --
    * cPanel 11 access
    --
    * Unmetered Data Transfer.

15 GB - Rsync Package - $5.95/mo.
    100 GB - Rsync Package - $15.95/mo.
    200 GB - Rsync Package - $28.95/mo.
    Space up to 2 TB! Contact us for a quote.

RESELLERS
    Here is our updated reseller pricing (Pennsylvania and Los Angeles Location Only):
    * 10 GB : monthly:6.95 annual:69.50
    * 100 GB : monthly:20.95 annual:209.50
    * 300 GB : monthly:54.95 annual:549.50
    * 500 GB : monthly:89.95 annual:899.50
    * 1000 GB : monthly:149.95 annual:1499.50
    Dedicated backup servers are available, different drive configurations are available.

Server Specifications

LOS ANGELES
    * AMD Dual CORE.
    * 2 GB of DDR II RAM
    * CentOS 5.2 X86_64 based
    * Dedicated RAID card (3Ware SATA RAID)
    * RAID5 (single parity, N+1) - SATA II
    * Rsync v. 3.0.5
    * Rdiff-backup v. 1.2.1

PENNSYLVANIA
    * AMD Dual Core.
    * 2 GB of DDR II RAM
    * CentOS 5.2 X86_64 based
    * Dedicated RAID card (3Ware SATA RAID)
    * RAID5 (single parity, N+1) - SATA II
    * Rsync v. 2.6.8 protocol version 29
    * Rdiff-backup v. 1.2.1

Pricing:
    * Please refer to our website for pricing.
    http://rsyncpalace.com

Order Signup:

http://client.rsyncpalace.com/signup.php

Frequently Asked Questions:

What is rsync?
    Rsync greatly improves efficiency when compared to traditional remote backup methods. By synchronizing only those files that have changed since the last backup, using rsync results in large bandwidth savings. When combined with on-the-fly compression, performing daily rsync backup can result in less data transfer than it would take to perform two backups using the .tar.gz method in a given month.

What is rdiff-backup?
    rdiff-backup backs up one directory to another, possibly over a network. The target directory ends up a copy of the source directory, but extra reverse diffs are stored in a special subdirectory of that target directory, so you can still recover files lost some time ago. The idea is to combine the best features of a mirror and an incremental backup. rdiff-backup also preserves subdirectories, hard links, dev files, permissions, uid/gid ownership, modification times, extended attributes, acls, and resource forks. Also, rdiff-backup can operate in a bandwidth efficient manner over a pipe, like rsync. Thus you can use rdiff-backup and ssh to securely back a hard drive up to a remote location, and only the differences will be transmitted. Finally, rdiff-backup is easy to use and settings have sensical defaults.

I have Windows as the operating system, is there an alternative to FTP?
    Windows can run rsync. Visit the link below for more information:
    http://optics.ph.unimelb.edu.au/help...1.html#install

Or you can use Samba or WebDAV.

Are you a reseller?
    We no longer solely operate as a reseller of BQinternet. We run our operation in Los Angeles and Pennsylvania.
    If you have any questions, please direct it to the sales email, post below, or simply PM me.

Thank you for your interest in Rsync Palace and we hope to see you as a client of ours.
    Last edited by -OY-; 06-17-2009 at 06:51 PM.
    Otto Yiu
    Rsync Palace ● Providing offsite backups since 2007.
    Backomatic ● Hassle-free Automated cPanel/WHM, DirectAdmin, FTP, and MySQL backups.

example scripts for cpanel?

hello, just wanted to know if you provided example rsync and/or rdiff scripts for cpanel boxes? for accounts & mysql, or the whole box.

Regards,
    www.FactoriaDigital.com - Application web hosting & specialized wordpress hosting, in spanish

Hi,

We only have an example script for rsync located:
    http://support.rsyncpalace.com/index...itemid=1&nav=0

However, we do not recommend using it. We do free setups as long as you provide us with shell access. We can backup whatever you request us to do.

Let me know if you have any other questions,
    Otto
    Otto Yiu
    Backomatic ● Hassle-free Automated cPanel/WHM, DirectAdmin, FTP, and MySQL backups.

How nice from your part, another question, lazy one, which location is faster for south of europe?

Regards,
    www.FactoriaDigital.com - Application web hosting & specialized wordpress hosting, in spanish

Btw i just followed your twitter account and made the @reply "Going to try out RsyncPalace.com", i'm jccelaya.

Pennsylvania and New York would have lower latencies to Europe. Contact me at billing to claim your coupon:

http://rsyncpalace.com/contact.php
    Otto Yiu

Hi,
    is your offer still valid? I have responded on twitter as twus

Just contact us via billing, and we'll get you on your way.

Thanks,
    Otto
    Otto Yiu

Hi,
    contacted you via sales, i got a message that trough billing i needed to be registered

Is the offer for 50gb free + 20% off still standing? I'm following you and updated my twitter status. Thanks

Same question, Is the offer for 50gb free + 20% off still standing?

I have 2 other companies that I'm considering and I will sign up today if the offer is right.

Please let me know by post or PM

It's still standing for LAX and NYC only. We're not accepting any new PA clients as of this moment. Please contact us sales after you have updated your twitter status.
    Otto Yiu

What the difference between the shared & the reseller package, is it just storage size and price or something else?

For resellers, you get to create multiple end-user accounts either for reselling or self separation purposes. However, for shared - you'll only get one end-user account.
    Otto Yiu

Hi -OY-

I am interested in test their services, I don't find as paying this plan reseller:

10 GB : monthly:6.95
    Thanks you.
    WebSitePanel / Hosting Controller / Smartermail / Installation / Configuration / Troubleshooting / Migrations
    Windows Server Management / Security / Hardening
    I speak English and Spanish