addon domains problem on cPanel

Hello,

When I try to addon a domain, i always got this error message.

Error from park wrapper: Using nameservers with the following IPs: 76.74.137.77,76.74.137.135 Sorry, the domain is already pointed to an IP address that does not appear to use DNS servers associated with this server. Please transfer the domain to this servers nameservers or have your administrator add one of its nameservers to /etc/ips.remotedns and make the proper A entries on that remote nameser
    always getting this error when I try to addon a domain to a main account

The domain is correctly pointing to my ip's as well..

Thanks for your help !

Does the addon domain that you are trying to create currently exists with any other hosts?

If so follow this

Try to find the following option in your WHM -> Tweak Settings:

Allow Creation of Parked/Addon Domains that resolve to other servers (i.e. domain transfers) [This can be a major security problem. If you must have it enabled, be sure to not allow users to park common internet domains.]

and enable it. Your problem can be solved.
    Last edited by Rekhatitus; 06-17-2009 at 03:53 PM. Reason: addition
    Ezeelogin -
    The ultimate multiple server administration software.
    *Parallel shell *rm -rf protection *SSH logging*automated password changes*encrypted storage*
    AdMod.com -Delivering innovative web hosting solutions

I though it was the issue also but I've tested with a brand new domain and still got the same error...

Then that error isn't a problem. What happens is that by default, cPanel thinks that it is going to be the nameserver for the domains that it hosts. Normally though, you are going to use the other nameservers.

At the end of the day, as long as you are using a nameserver that resolves the domain to the correct IP it doesn't matter.
    Ezeelogin -
    *Parallel shell *rm -rf protection *SSH logging*automated password changes*encrypted storage*

It works now, I have just restarted the cpanel daemon and resolved... weird.

Thanks anyway !

My personal opinion, avoid add-on domains altogether, purchase a account which includes WHM, and bam. Administrate each domain with its own control panel. Happiness Add-on domains are kind of "sucky". Weird issues always seem to creep up with add-on domains.

You are welcome cbelair and glad to hear that it works.
    Last edited by Rekhatitus; 06-17-2009 at 04:07 PM. Reason: corr
    Ezeelogin -