Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

FsckVPS - Poor Support Now.

I normally don't "run to wht and whine" but I have had my fill of the lack of response, or when responses are given they don't make any sense.

Has anybody else experienced this?

http://www.rrtstatus.com/ticket.html

I will admit that near the end my patience are running out, but this is absolutely ridiculous. I know that this is not there support forum, and I know that the ticket is now magically in the billing queue.

I have tried both phone numbers listed on there website, the US one goes to some construction firm I think, and the UK rings then nothing. None of the support chats are logged in.

Does anybody know of anyway to communicate with this company and get some sort of response that makes sense?

Thank you,

Anthony

That is incredibly frustrating. You exercised much more patience that I would have been able to.

If you look up Rus's username you might be able to find his AIM screenname or send him a PM here. While those aren't official routes of communication it might be a means to an end.

Best of luck in these hard times for VAServ / FSCKVps customers.

Kind Regards,
    Jesse

We are provisiing out the last batch of VPS tonight so you should get it. All VPs are under billing/provisioing so we can help information flow as best as possible. I know there are lots of pissed off people and I can't blame them and I apologise for that. We are just about on our feet after handeling the best part of 8000 tickets in the last 10 days

Rus
    Russ Foster - Industry Curmudgeon
    Freelance Sysadmin for Hire - email vaserv@gmail.com

I've got a number of dedicated servers with A2B2 and must admit my patience is getting a little thin now. There is no working RDNS on any of their UK IP Ranges on UKServers Transit.

I've been waiting 96 hours to try and get this sorted and despite being told on numerous occasions it will be fixed in 12 hours / 24 hours it's still not fixed. Hopefully we can get something sorted soon.

I know they are inundated with tickets but would like to think something like this would be a quick and easy thing to get fixed, even if it means quickly setting up a couple of VPS to serve the DNS

Chris

RDNS was fixed as of about 30 minutes ago

rus
    Russ Foster - Industry Curmudgeon
    Freelance Sysadmin for Hire - email vaserv@gmail.com

I am still waiting for my VPS to be put back online, two weeks and barely any communication and lame excuses as to why mine is not back online.

I believe I have been very patient waiting for FSCK to get us back online, but nothing yet even though they sent me the "provisioning" e-mail over 48 hours ago.

FSCK has lost all credibility with our company now due to the lack of communication and lack of interest in wanting to get out business back.

I just hope they put together a reasonably good service and honor their 2 month free service offer for us that lost all our data.
    Jason (JC) Morris, Vice President - Technology
    TechWest Hosting - Enterprise Plesk & cPanel Hosting Since 2003!
    Shared & Reseller Hosting on Dell Quad Core 5420 Servers w/ RAID 10 in Multiple Datacenters!
    Ruby on Rails, FFMPEG, Fantastico, RVSiteBuilder, RVSkins, Nightly Off-site Backups, Clustered DNS!

i just had my third vps setup and it took them under 2 hours for all of them for the most part.. im lucky lol.

Although saying wtf may not be the best thing to say when you want your servers right away.
    Leader of the new anti sig spamming club.

While I can agree that at wtf might not be the best choice of words, I do feel that what 10 days now past this the expression could be said.

As far provisions, why did I get 2 new ones instead of the 7 I had?

Either way I hope that fsckvps can get things figured out. Up until this crash which I don't think was there fault the service was great. During this mess there communication was great the first few days. However after the first few days it seems that everybody go tired and mistakes were made all over the place.

Rus my offer still stands you ever come out here to Vegas, I will still buy you a steak.

Thanks,
    Anthony

Quote Originally Posted by RubyRingTech View Post
    While I can agree that at wtf might not be the best choice of words, I do feel that what 10 days now past this the expression could be said.

As far provisions, why did I get 2 new ones instead of the 7 I had?

Either way I hope that fsckvps can get things figured out. Up until this crash which I don't think was there fault the service was great. During this mess there communication was great the first few days. However after the first few days it seems that everybody go tired and mistakes were made all over the place.

Rus my offer still stands you ever come out here to Vegas, I will still buy you a steak.

Thanks,
    Anthony
    I think you are probably right. I dont doubt that there are some very tired people getting caught up on sleep. In hindsight they probably should have said look it's going to take us 2 weeks to get everything back and done correctly.

I hate to say it but patience is your only choice at this time.
    CloudNexus Technology Services
    Managed Services

Luckily my situation isn't as dire as the original posters. However, I'm getting to my breaking point as well. I too was understanding of the situation, and still believe that the "big hack" or "incident" was basically an act of god and they were not negligent. Having said that, I feel that the handling of the situation afterwards has been bungled.

I don't expect much support from fsckvps because I'm not paying for it and I don't want it. What I do expect however, it to get what I paid for, that is a working VPS server. And frustration is compounded when I don't receive a reply within 24 hours, on a support ticket thread, which had been replied to. What really frustrates me is that I had a working configuration before the incident, but now there's problems providing that to me?

My problem is that I have memory allocation problems on a VPS. I've been talking with support. They wanted to do and did a rebuild. They then tried to fix it a second time and failed. I've asked to be moved to another VPS on a different server, and was told before verification of the success of the second attempt that I would be provided one IF the issue persists, which it did. That was over 36 hours ago and the issue still persists, is that long enough?

There appears to be no concern about the needs of the customer (at least email me back and answer my questions).

If things aren't fixed tomorrow, I'm probably switching to another provider. I was initially very impressed with fsckvps, but my patience is wearing thin.

Quote Originally Posted by ezln View Post
    Luckily my situation isn't as dire as the original posters. However, I'm getting to my breaking point as well. I too was understanding of the situation, and still believe that the "big hack" or "incident" was basically an act of god and they were not negligent. Having said that, I feel that the handling of the situation afterwards has been bungled.

I don't expect much support from fsckvps because I'm not paying for it and I don't want it. What I do expect however, it to get what I paid for, that is a working VPS server. And frustration is compounded when I don't receive a reply within 24 hours, on a support ticket thread, which had been replied to. What really frustrates me is that I had a working configuration before the incident, but now there's problems providing that to me?

My problem is that I have memory allocation problems on a VPS. I've been talking with support. They wanted to do and did a rebuild. They then tried to fix it a second time and failed. I've asked to be moved to another VPS on a different server, and was told before verification of the success of the second attempt that I would be provided one IF the issue persists, which it did. That was over 36 hours ago and the issue still persists, is that long enough?

There appears to be no concern about the needs of the customer (at least email me back and answer my questions).

If things aren't fixed tomorrow, I'm probably switching to another provider. I was initially very impressed with fsckvps, but my patience is wearing thin.
    You have the good times, you have the bad times.... it says a lot that you would like to stick with them. If you do, get yourself a cheaper backup, just in the event.

It is no excuse, but I read some place they have received almost 8,000 e-mails, so it understandable they have not replied personally. An e-mail daily to everyone would be nice to answer a lot of questions.

Good luck to you.... not going to suggest another host... just suggesting to always have someone in your back pocket when things go south... even when you are impressed.
    Mike

Another day, and still not word one in response from all this. Yet there taking new orders? I wonder if I just order new VPS's I will get them faster?

i order new vps from 5 days ago,rus promise me to make my vps online tonight.
    im waiting.

I am also waiting for my new VPS... I opend a ticket and the only reply i got WAY later was "This has been moved to sales for review". Nearly been 24 hours now.

I guess I'm not the only one who receives useless responses from "Sushant".

All I've ever heard from him/her was "This has been done for you", but really I asked for CentOs to be freshly loaded and all I got was nothing (most likely a reboot, but I didn't notice)

I switched providers as nearly 2 weeks after my VPS went down, they still are unable to provide me with the service I have paid for.

You have to be kidding me, I just got an invoice from FSCKVPS. How do I not unload on these people? Automated or not, what about everybody saying Free Service, no bills, all that stuff. So I get a bill and I still don't have my VPS.

You have to be kidding me, I just got an invoice from FSCKVPS. How do I not unload on these people? Automated or not, what about everybody saying Free Service, no bills, all that stuff. So I get a bill and I still don't have my VPS.
    I wouldn't take it personally just because you got an invoice, as it is an automated process. They can't just simply halt billing for everyone and give everything away for free, since not everyone was affected as much as you.
    www.opticip.com - Optic IP LLC

I am trying not taking it personal, I know automation and I am not being singled out, I am however very frustrated with this. Automated or not, where do we as customers draw the line at this? We run WHMCS as well, while it may take awhile to change the renewal dates, its not the hardest process in the world. They publicly announced things are back and running, billing is doing there job, and there now taking new orders. That is where the frustration comes into play. They have not even finished resolving the problems they have.

Thanks for listening.

Yeah, I've heard nothing about the 2 months free since the downtime. Anyway, I paid their invoice last week since their billing department said I need to pay it until they can give credit and sort everything out...

What really upsets me is the lack of communication during and after the incident. I never got an email from them explaining why our service was down, what they plan on doing in the future to resolve such issues, not even an apology. The only email I got on the week of the downtime was my invoice notification, and an email regarding their CC data being compromised.

One thing for sure, I'm not going to pay the invoice next month, whether or not they decide to give credit or not.

Has anyone had their additional IPs put back on their VPS after being setup with a single IP following the hackage?

Submit a ticket to them - I'm sure they will delete the invoice for you
    XeHost.net - Hosting websites since 1999!
    Shared Hosting, Cloud Hosting, Reseller Hosting, VPS Hosting, and Dedicated Servers
    End-User Support, WHMCS, and WHMReseller Available on Reseller Plans!
    Follow us on Twitter - new special every Sunday! @XeHost

XeHSean - I understand this, I have no desire to submit another ticket that will be overlooked in the mass mess.

Anybody know of any VPS providers in the same ballpark as FSCK?

Thanks,
    Anthony

Quote Originally Posted by XeHSean View Post
    Submit a ticket to them - I'm sure they will delete the invoice for you
    Not quickly. I have a billing ticket in, and it's not answered. Exactly the same issue.

My account was on a server which was wiped clean by the attacker. Other than lack of sleep watching the saga unfold for 2 days for mere spectator sport, I can't say I've suffered. My VM was a backup "server" for other real and virtual servers located in the kingdom of far, far, away.

Maybe my experience is atypical, or maybe I represent the silent majority. Dunno.

What I do know is that every request I've ever made of the company has *always* been dealt with professionally and to my complete satisfaction, both before the hack attack and since.

Before the attack I had always found service to be perfectly professional. I require zero technical support but the PTR requests, reports of spam/phishing noted on a related company's network (they dealt with this very quickly indeed), additional IP requests - all were done very quickly.

Since the attack I've put in three tickets:

1) Requesting the reprovisioning; done
    2) Requesting reload of OS from CentOS to Debian minimal; done
    3) Requesting the SLA extension offer of 2 free months per Grant on these forums; misplaced

Getting the OS redone was performed very quickly given the circumstances.

Obtaining the SLA credit on my account took a little longer. I figured original request might be a problem as they used the SLA extension ticket to generate reprovisioning activity and of course it got closed out once the newly provisioned server was ready. A mistake, sure, but no big deal.

I submitted a billing ticket an hour ago or so requesting some clean up on my account - I'd cancelled an IP, and put in the SLA request again. Vlad responded promptly and addressed both issues.

I quite understand the initial SLA extension request being misplaced. Of course it shouldn't happen but in context it isn't a surprise - they were driving very hard and fast to get people's servers back up and this got lost in the wash. I certainly do not mind taking on the small burden of ensuring that this detail was followed up on, and I deliberately waited some time before re-issuing the billing ticket to be sure that life in the back office was a little more sane.
    “Even those who arrange and design shrubberies are under
    considerable economic stress at this period in history.”

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast