Question Exist something better than softlayer?

In this moment I using softlayer, I have 3 servers, and from start all working very stable, control panel is really great from start, support is very quick and really working on 99% cases but I thinking that prices can be better...do you know for some other host with good support, good or better network, good control panel with good prices...?

Exist something better than softlayer??

Thanks.

How do their prices compare to DedicatedNOW. We've been a client since 2003 with so many servers I just don't bother to count anymore. They have remote reboots but they'll also reboot within 10 minutes if you submit a ticket (that's about all we use their support for). As we grew they continued to work with us sectioning off part of their DC just for us and reserving racks even though we aren't a colo client.

Network is awesome. It just never goes down. No power issues either. Nothing to complain about.
    Laurence Flynn @ HostNEXUS.com
    Managed WordPress Hosting Solutions
    Focused on speed. Obsessed with security.

What server configurations are you using and what price are you paying?

There's definitely less costly alternatives to Softlayer but Softlayer is regarded as one of the very best.
    Take 2 Hosting, Inc. - Hosting Done Right
    Fully automated setup - new servers in as little as 10 minutes
    http://www.take2hosting.com/

SoftLayer expensive? When I think of SoftLayer, I think of one of the best "hands off" hosting providers there is for the price backed by great staff and one of the most powerful networks this side of the country. I think you're going to be HIGHLY disappointed if you try moving to a different provider and expecting to get 1/2 of the service provided by SoftLayer and cheaper then the price they provide it at.

I'd recommend contacting them, explaining the situation, and working with the. Since you have 3 servers. they should be more willing to work with you.

Quote Originally Posted by AquariusADMIN View Post
    SoftLayer expensive? When I think of SoftLayer, I think of one of the best "hands off" hosting providers there is for the price backed by great staff and one of the most powerful networks this side of the country. I think you're going to be HIGHLY disappointed if you try moving to a different provider and expecting to get 1/2 of the service provided by SoftLayer and cheaper then the price they provide it at.

I'd recommend contacting them, explaining the situation, and working with the. Since you have 3 servers. they should be more willing to work with you.

I've got to agree here. SoftLayer is hands down the best provider we've ever used. They may be more expensive than others but for good reason. I would much rather pay a higher price knowing that my servers are handled by a top quality provider like SoftLayer rather than save a couple bucks while risking my entire business with a lesser provider. I've never understood why people are willing to save a couple hundred dollars to switch to a budget provider and risk their entire business. Especially when they are more than happy and have built their business with their existing provider.

if you are willing to accept lower quality, worse support and a less featured admin area you can certainly find cheaper hosts. if you are looking for outstanding quality, stay with softlayer. you get what you pay for and softlayer is already very very cheap for the services they offer.

you have three servers, so you must be making a decent chunk of money, why jeopardize that to save 20 bucks a month ?

To be fair here, we don't know how much the OP is currently paying and what he's getting. It may be that he's using some very expensive server setups and/or a large amount of bandwidth and there may be a lot of room to save some money.
    Take 2 Hosting, Inc. - Hosting Done Right
    Fully automated setup - new servers in as little as 10 minutes
    http://www.take2hosting.com/

You could check-out 10tb.com - they are a SoftLayer reseller, have a pretty good control panel (check-out the video) and their prices (especially on bandwidth) are much better than SoftLayer.

As others have said, though, SL is a premium provider and that's why their prices are higher. Just see if they can work with you first. I always find it odd that getting a small RAM upgrade can cost you $600/year with SL (if you use a different coupon to YIPP), although I assume that their sales department could offer you lower prices than that.
    Plagiarism Guard - Protect Against Content Theft
    Tristan Perry - Personal blog

Softlayer is indeed expensive, but for what they are offering, its a price that can't be beat unless you forego some of the services. If you think you don't need all the standard services they provide, most other hosts can host you for cheaper.

It is like everything in anyone's life. You will never understand if there is something better unless you try it. Other companies' customers who are satisfied of the services they use say the same for their providers. That's why I'm a little bit confused of this thread. Have you ever really thought that your web host is the best on the market. That would be very naive.
    HostColor.com Edge Infrastructure - US Dedicated Servers & Europe Dedicated Hostingsince 2000
    In 50 U.S. Edge Data Centers & 80 POPs worldwide
    24/7 Support ★★ Support Tickets - LiveChat - Phone

I'm curious, what services SL provide that you can't get from other hosting companies?

We are satisfied with SoftLayer, although their prices are high... they are worth every penny! With that being said they will also work with you on pricing so try contacting them and work out something.

go to 10tb.com there a cheaper softlayer reseller. same great network just cheaper plans
    Leader of the new anti sig spamming club.

Quote Originally Posted by darkeden View Post
    go to 10tb.com there a cheaper softlayer reseller. same great network just cheaper plans
    but no api, no bandwidth pooling (virtual racks) afaik

Quote Originally Posted by W1zzard View Post
    but no api, no bandwidth pooling (virtual racks) afaik
    I contacted there sales one day and they said they would do this on request. not sure 100% if they actualy would
    Leader of the new anti sig spamming club.

What kind of pricing are you looking for? Reducing it too much is going to effect the quality at some point, so it may or may not be worth it.