cheapvps.co.uk.. 10 days and STILL waiting

My VPS went down due to the HyperVM hack of vaserv and it's subsidarys.

I requested a minimal debian lenny install on their new system. It took them a week to give me a VPS, and it wasn't debian but CentOS (or some other Redhat varaiant - I am unsure).

Unhappy with this, they finally managed to install debian. But not the minimal install I required, but one with loads of crap installed such as all the libraries in the world, x windows, etc.

I am used to being able to backup my VPS, reprovision with a different distribution etc. eg. a control panel.

Why haven't they migrated to another control panel like other hosts, so the functionality I am used to is restored.

I've submitted about 6 tickets, and still not a satisfactory result. Sometime they respond relatively quickly, other times it takes days.

I think I've no choice but to move to a more premium VPS service eg. Linode/VPS.net/Slicehost .. any other suggestions? They are all double what I was paying for.

Do you not read the announcements and updates?

You know, things like...
    - All systems being initially on CentOS
    - The panel they're moving to and when
    - The take over

??

It sounds like you've convinced yourself already to make the move. You're obliviously unhappy, and they're still overwhelmed. It may be worth paying more to get the service you expect.

Quote Originally Posted by ST-Mike View Post
    Do you not read the announcements and updates?

You know, things like...
    - All systems being initially on CentOS
    - The panel they're moving to and when
    - The take over

??
    Yes, I've read their emails and messages on their site.

1. So what? I am used to debian, and my previous VPS was debian.. which I have a backup of that I want to restore.

2. This is no good for me now, half the reason I have a VPS is for the functionality of a control panel. When other hosts can migrate in a day, why is it taking so long.

NB. Pretty much all of my complaints are answered by - these will be fixed in a few weeks. When my sites have been down for nearly 2 weeks already, a month down time is completely unacceptable.

3. They are obviously aren't ready yet for all these new VPS clients. Also, I thought they had their own inhouse control panel.. why can't I use this?

Quote Originally Posted by Steve-Hostirian View Post
    It sounds like you've convinced yourself already to make the move. You're obliviously unhappy, and they're still overwhelmed. It may be worth paying more to get the service you expect.
    Yes, I am also skint. Being a student, with my next income in September. I have already paid for my cheapvps account, so I am a little unwilling to pay again (and more) but this might be neccessary for a more premium service (a service that I can actually use).

Do you know everyone, my tickets are replied properly only after negative review/topic of cheapvps.co.uk at webhostingtalk.com forum otherwise they don't care about....

My topic at: http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?t=869123
    Low Cost Storage VPS plans at webprovps.com
    VPS Price Match Guarantee on: All our range of DDOS protected XEN HVM VPS
    == Contact us for any online solution development or managed / unmanaged vps hosting ==

I'm a new customer who just signed up with them. I had to uproot and move on to a dedicated server - shame I had such a poor experience with VPSs for my first time.

Now I just want a refund and they've had 0 communication and refuse to just issue a refund. I don't get it. Bad stuff happens every day in business, why let it ruin what you worked for?

Scratch one more mark for another decent host down the crapper.
    USNYR Hosting

I feel for the providers that are having all of these issues with hyper-vm and lxadmin. I wish them and all of their clients luck in sorting out this issue.