hosted by liquidweb

Go Back   Web Hosting Talk : Web Hosting Main Forums : Dedicated Server : Good alternative to OVH?

Forum Jump

Good alternative to OVH?

Reply Post New Thread In Dedicated Server Subscription

Send news tip View All Posts Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old
Junior Guru

Lightbulb

Good alternative to OVH?

I've bought a ovh server from some reseller but I don't quite like it. Are there any good alternative to ovh which comparable price and specs? I'm basically looking at unmetered servers, and not very expensive.

Sponsored Links
Old
Junior Guru

Well i havent seen anything better than OVH. OVh is only good if you can access the OVH manager etc and im pretty sure you dont have access to it since you bought it off a reseller

The only other place i can see cheap unmetered it Server.lu but the setup prices are high

Old
Web Hosting Guru

Are you looking for an "offshore server" You may want to check out leaseweb, they have a decent reputation and they are located in the Netherlands.

Sponsored Links
Old
Corporate Member

Go to LeaseWeb or Ecatel.
With LeaseWeb you have a lot of configurations, nice prices.
With Ecatel is 2-3 configurations I think, but they offer very cheap bandwidth, and they isn't so bad as some people writing/think on this forum.

// Superior 24/7 Technical Support

Old
Web Hosting Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by OH-Bill View Post
You may want to check out leaseweb, they have a decent reputation
Really? How did you come to that conclusion? Leaseweb support is dreadful, they can't even maintain their own guaranteed response times when you buy one of their support packages, and offer no compensation when they miss the response deadline (which makes the guarantee redundant).

Take a look at http://www.hetzner.de/en/, they are doing a very nice server for €49/month (€150 setup though).

Old
Web Hosting Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by kohkindachi View Post
I've bought a ovh server from some reseller but I don't quite like it. Are there any good alternative to ovh which comparable price and specs? I'm basically looking at unmetered servers, and not very expensive.
in terms of bandwidth at ovh price, unlikely there is any alternative.

Old

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtrac568 View Post
in terms of bandwidth at ovh price, unlikely there is any alternative.
There's Keyweb (provded you're not doing illegals). OVH is only good if you want OVH to OVH bandwidth.

Old
Web Hosting Master

I've seen good things about http://server.lu/ . I've used Leaseweb for about six months and the speeds were very good.

Old
Junior Guru Wannabe

Quote:
Originally Posted by atbnet View Post
I've seen good things about http://server.lu/ . I've used Leaseweb for about six months and the speeds were very good.
Server.lu's servers are great. We went with them about a month ago based on some feedback we saw here and haven't regretted it in terms of hardware.

Yes, there's a setup fee but the servers are available nearly instantaneously. In terms of hardware, they're all they advertise to be--though we did have a problem with their control panel when we need to reboot the server and we're not fond of rescue mode. And, at least for us, they take FOREVER to answer support tickets and it's the only way to get support since they don't really answer phones, either.

So, if you need fast responsive support, at least from our experience, you may not be able to count on them for that. If you go with them, consider these issues.

Anya

Old
Community Liaison

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nonya View Post
Server.lu's servers are great. We went with them about a month ago based on some feedback we saw here and haven't regretted it in terms of hardware.

Yes, there's a setup fee but the servers are available nearly instantaneously. In terms of hardware, they're all they advertise to be--though we did have a problem with their control panel when we need to reboot the server and we're not fond of rescue mode. And, at least for us, they take FOREVER to answer support tickets and it's the only way to get support since they don't really answer phones, either.

So, if you need fast responsive support, at least from our experience, you may not be able to count on them for that. If you go with them, consider these issues.

Anya

I am curious as to what kind of support did you ask from them? Is your server managed?

It's Fully Managed and Secured. Ask us at sales @ jonesolutions.com .

Old
MACBOOKS EVERYWHEREEEEEEEEEEEE

wWw.dedibox.fr in france - no reselling to others, AFAIK

Old

Quote:
Originally Posted by quantumphysics View Post
wWw.dedibox.fr in france - no reselling to others, AFAIK
Can you live in the US and order from them?

Related posts from TheWhir.com
Title Type Date Posted
RapidSwitch Helps Customer Host ‘Gaming For Good’ Charity Website Web Hosting News 2013-11-04 15:10:21
US Consumers Would Rather Visit the Dentist Than Call Customer Service: CorvisaCloud Web Hosting News 2013-10-29 13:49:07
HostingCon - My Money Trail Blog 2013-06-12 15:37:11
Burgers, Binge TV Watching and Cloud Blog 2013-05-24 15:20:17
Why Federate when you can Differentiate? Webinars 2014-06-10 11:07:26