Arrow Suphp creating 500 internal server error

On my VPS SUPHP with PHP 5.2.9 and MySQL 5.0.77 is running absolutely fine.

Suddenly without making any change on the server today i got a 500 internal server error. I don't think there is any permission problem.

Now i change the PHP5 Handler to "cgi" so everything is normal but if i change that to suphp then showing "500 internal server error" anyone can tell the reason of the problem.... Apache suexec is "on" but off also doesn't make any change?

There is any cache/temp file folder for suphp which is filled or some other problem?

Moved > Technical & Security Issues.
    Specially 4 You
    JoneSolutions.Com ( Jones.Solutions ) is on the net 24/7 providing stable and reliable web hosting solutions and services since 2001

Delete content of /usr/local/apache/logs/

It look like cpanel do not rotate all log files. I have set a cronjob to empty the log files.

Quote Originally Posted by ashras99 View Post
    On my VPS SUPHP with PHP 5.2.9 and MySQL 5.0.77 is running absolutely fine.

Suddenly without making any change on the server today i got a 500 internal server error. I don't think there is any permission problem.

Now i change the PHP5 Handler to "cgi" so everything is normal but if i change that to suphp then showing "500 internal server error" anyone can tell the reason of the problem.... Apache suexec is "on" but off also doesn't make any change?

There is any cache/temp file folder for suphp which is filled or some other problem?
    Check your Apache error logs, usually /usr/local/apache/error_log

It should tell you the source of the error there. Usually with suPHP the cause of a 500 error could be...

1) Incorrect file or directory permissions. Permissions should be at most 755.

2) PHP directives defined in .htaccess instead of a custom php.ini. If you have any php_value flags in a .htaccess, this will generate a 500 error under suPHP. Stick the directives into a php.ini instead.
    Darren Lingham - UK Webhosting Ltd. - (0800) 024 2931
    Tsohost.co.uk - Quality UK Windows and Linux hosting since 2003
    UK WordPress Hosting - Fast, easy, cloud based WordPress Hosting

as suggested, i deleted the suphp log which is 2048MB and problem is fixed. Thanks....

Anyone can tell me suphp stops working after 2048 MB of log file?

yes, it happens, i have faced the problem on many servers.

Apache 1.3/2.0 versions doesn't have a larger file support (limit is <=2GB).

This limit has been increased in Apache 2.1/2.2 versions.

Quote Originally Posted by whrss View Post
    Apache 1.3/2.0 versions doesn't have a larger file support (limit is <=2GB).

This limit has been increased in Apache 2.1/2.2 versions.
    problem still remains in 2.1/2.2 with suphp as suphp is independent from apache.
    Steven Ciaburri | Industry's Best Server Management - Rack911.com
    Software Auditing - 400+ Vulnerabilities Found - Quote @ https://www.RACK911Labs.com
    Fully Managed Dedicated Servers (Las Vegas, New York City, & Amsterdam) (AS62710)
    FreeBSD & Linux Server Management, Security Auditing, Server Optimization, PCI Compliance