Hybrid View

Exclamation Need a T1 Line Quote

Hey guys,

I need a quote or a place where I can get a quote for a T1 line to Asheville, NC. 28805. If you need the full address or have an answer for me, please email me at:

jeff@premierone.net

Well, just a assumption, but it is around $1000 or so in most areas (last time I checked into it)...Aside from that, I don't know.
    hostVentura
    adam.ferree@gmail.com
    AIM: windsofnihility

Yes, a friend of mine in the states was quoted from around $700 - $1200 for a T1 line.

Im not sure if the above really helps, but i hope it will give you a rough idea.
    Europhase UK Limited - XEN/OpenVZ UK/US Virtual Private Servers | R1Soft Backups for Web Hosts
    Custom R1Soft Backups | UK/US Web Hosting | UK/US Virtual Private Servers
    99.9% Uptime SLA | Non Overloaded Service | Guaranteed Ram / Resources
    Company: SC345142 VAT: GB-947754180 Tel: 0870 4710 895

Don't forget local loop charges. In some instances, they can get fairly expensive...

I just got a great quote yesterday from a guy at broadband.com.
    It's for an ACC business (AT&T) line, and it comes with a Cisco 2620 and newsfeeds. The quote is for $987 and includes loop. That's for a full buck and a half. The frac pricing is very nice too. This is a great price, because we're in rural north Georgia, and ports are kind of hard to come by. I'm sure it would be just as good, if not better, in Ashville.

If you want to contact the guy, his name is Ron Andrews, and his number is 202.595.1500 ext 513.
    WeedBiz™ provides comprehensive internet marketing services for the emerging legal cannabis industry in the United States and Canada.

I was just quotes about $900+/mo for T1 out to the boonies, including local loop charges. There's some serious competition going on right now. Prospeed is doing $499 T1's somewhere in Mass.

Check out DSLreports' forums - the ISP to ISP forum lower left corner of the list. Here's a link to it:
    http://www.dslreports.com/forum/isp2isp
    Lagniappe Internet L.L.C. - Wholesale Reseller and VPS Hosting.
    Lagniappe (lan-yap) - An extra or unexpected gift or benefit.
    HostEntrepreneur - Hosting news, reviews, tips, tricks, help and the occassional rant

My uncle runs an isp in tucson. He charges like $250 (I know this is off topic sorry). But what do most phone companies charge for the line?
    -Robert Norton
    www.SophMedia.com

Exclamation Thanks Guys

Thanks guys for all of your help....keep the ideas coming. I'm trying to start an internet cafe.....so, if you have any other ideas about how to get a broadband connection for around 30 computers, let me know.

Thanks

Jeff Myers

Cogent, 100mbit @ $1000
    Sorry, not sure if they are in Asheville, NC. (I'm Scottish!)

2:56am - BEDTIME! Night all....
    Europhase UK Limited - XEN/OpenVZ UK/US Virtual Private Servers | R1Soft Backups for Web Hosts

It doesn't seem to me that a T1 would be the best bang for your buck. At a flat grand, that works out to abot $33 per month per machine. And that's figuring that all of them run flawlessly during business hours the entire month, and that you have them all full a good portion of the time.
    Now...and this is pure speculation coming from someone who has never done an internet cafe...It seems to me that 90% or so of the traffic would be inbound. If that's the case, then this is where dsl and cable really shine. You could get a couple of dsl/cable connections and a router and be in business.
    WeedBiz™ provides comprehensive internet marketing services for the emerging legal cannabis industry in the United States and Canada.

T1

New Edge Networks - transedge sells a T1 for 599 including loop

We have one and it seems really fast just for internet

JDT
    ▄▀▄ Jeremy, CEO - Batcave Network
    ▄▀▄ Deals on Hosting, VPS, Domains, Dedicated Servers since 1997
    ▄▀▄ http://www.batcave.net
    ▄▀▄ We always have a deal going - hosting for cheaper than a domain!

confirmed. i know someone who runs an internet cafe in philly and she has a dsl connection which is just fine for what she is doing, though she has less boxen. you can get a lot of pipe for half the price of a t1 if they dont have an fcc-mandated sla.
    * Rusko Enterprises LLC - Upgrade to 100% uptime today!
    * Premium NYC collocation and custom dedicated servers
    call 1-877-MY-RUSKO or paul [at] rusko.us

dedicated servers, collocation, load balanced and high availability clusters

DSL would be a great start..

I'm way north of you and have sprint dsl.. but I'm looking at 3 megs down (2x a t1 down) and 512 up (1/3rd a t1 up) and I pay $180 for it all.

The service is awesome.. I've had it for a year.. 10 ms 7 hops out, yada yada.. I used to have a t1 in my house and this is MUCH better... granted the uploading isn't as nice, but the downloading.. oooo the downloading .

If you do decide to go t1, it should be ~250 / month for a loop with a 3 year commit, based on 0 mile ds1.. it will go up based on how many co's you cross (central offices).

Expect ~250 per 768k (so $500 for full t1 bw).. that's a bit on the high side, but that is generally what your going to wind up paying with local ISP's.
    Joseph Marcelletti
    Sprynex

T1

A T1 is 24 telephone lines. How much will you use for internet bandwidth and how much for phone ?
    SEO needed .. email or PM me.
    ----------------------------------------------

Umm why come out with that above?
    adsl alone can handle like 6mbit down or something.

DSL sounds like the perfect solution to me unless you're planning on running servers too. And you can connect 2 DSL pipes to a Nexland Pro800 Turbo too - $350.

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applicati...u=N99-1000%20P
    Lagniappe Internet L.L.C. - Wholesale Reseller and VPS Hosting.
    Lagniappe (lan-yap) - An extra or unexpected gift or benefit.
    HostEntrepreneur - Hosting news, reviews, tips, tricks, help and the occassional rant

Exclamation Thanks!!!

Thanks guys, I'll check into all of the information you have given. If you have any other thoughts or ideas on how to run a top notch Internet Cafe, please post those as well.

Jeff Myers

Re: Thanks Guys

Originally posted by FXWeb
    Thanks guys for all of your help....keep the ideas coming. I'm trying to start an internet cafe.....so, if you have any other ideas about how to get a broadband connection for around 30 computers, let me know.

Thanks

Jeff Myers
    Business tip: start small. Stick with a dsl line, stay away from cable. DSL wouldn't cost that much (max $69 a month). And it would work good enough for a inet cafe (a small one).
    -Robert Norton
    www.SophMedia.com

Hmmm... The last T1 I got was for $399 (loop included). I'll call my provider and see if they can run one in Ashville.

Aaron
    Aaron Wendel
    Wholesale Internet, Inc. - http://www.wholesaleinternet.net
    Kansas City Internet eXchange - http://www.kcix.net