Thread: cheapvps.co.uk

cheapvps.co.uk

I received my credit today due from their recent hacking incident, an increadible 5! which apparently is equal to 2 months. They are claiming force majeur makes them not liable for any data protection issues etc, but has anyone with a good knowledge of SLA's confirmed this?

Really not happy that after all the time and costs incurred as a result of this that all I get back is 5

If they give 5 to every one of there 4,000 customers that costs them 20k, thats an awful lot of money.

Quote Originally Posted by GeekSRV View Post
    If they give 5 to every one of there 4,000 customers that costs them 20k, thats an awful lot of money.
    I assume they should send compensation to the customers which were hurt? And that should be full not for every of them
    ASPnix Web Hosting - ASP.NET, MS SQL, AJAX, Hyper-V
    Microsoft Hosting and Virtualization

They were offering 2 months credit, however, my contract with them is yearly, so I dont think what they are offering is fair/applicable. I lost all of my data and the server was down over 1 week

From their T's & C's:

SLA

We will provide users with 99.5% uptime excluding planned maintance. We count uptime to be when the server your website is hosted on is accesible via IP address. This SLA does not cover downtime due to mistakes on the clients behalf, due to account suspension or due to hardware failure. Should this SLA be breached FSCKVPS will refund upto 50% of the monthly fees at a rate of 10% of the monthly fee for every .1% we are below this.

Should you wish to make a claim it must be received within 2 days of the downtime and sent via email to [email protected]
    WHSuite - Billing, Automation and Client Management Software.

The OP has refused our offer of credit and has threatened us legally a number of times. Over a 30/yr account its not worth it so as his billing period was due anyway (past due by about a week) we have decided the best thing to do would be for both parties to go their seperate ways and as such this is what we are doing
    Russ Foster - Industry Curmudgeon

5 for 2 months worth of VPS hosting? how much does this company charge for a VPS? sounds too cheap if 5 is for 2 months refund.

I would of checked but cheapvps.co.uk does not load the site is down.
    Cyber Host Pro Ltd - over 10 years in the UK hosting industry.
    Website Hosting | Reseller Hosting | Cloud VPS Servers | Dedicated Servers
    ★ WhiteLabel OnAPP Cloud VPS Reseller Program, Failover, 10Gbit SFP+ Dual SAN storage with Cpanel, Plesk & Windows server.
    www.cyberhostpro.com - UK Call Centre + 24x7 Online Chat

The OP had a special we were running a year + of 30 for 128Mb for 12 months

Quote Originally Posted by a2b2 View Post
    The OP has refused our offer of credit and has threatened us legally a number of times. Over a 30/yr account its not worth it so as his billing period was due anyway (past due by about a week) we have decided the best thing to do would be for both parties to go their seperate ways and as such this is what we are doing
    no we have not

Quote Originally Posted by kevinwincott View Post
    no we have not
    We've fired you as a customer. It takes two parties to make a contract. In this single case we have chosen, regardless of our particular current climate, to not renew your contract with us at this time.

ill expect a cheque in the post for the credit and the remaining period of the contract and full written confirmation of the termination of the contract, and the reasons for it
    Last edited by kevinwincott; 06-17-2009 at 02:33 PM.

Doesn't sound like he terminated the contract - sounds like he chose not to mutually agree to a contract with you.
    USNYR Hosting

sounds like an organisation ran by amateurs, im sure Rus has never heard of the law of contracts before, o well, im sure the crash course he will receive when the court summons comes will be enough to educate him

sounds like an organisation ran by amateurs, im sure Rus has never heard of the law of contracts before, o well, im sure the crash course he will receive when the court summons comes will be enough to educate him
    Throwing up legal threats over such a cheap VPS seems to be a little overboard.

My Opinion of course, but you for sure seem angry at Rus and the company. Have you moved onto another provider yet?

I'm lost, if this service is so important to you - why pay 30 for a years service on a budget provider?

According to the info above you contrat was expiring (expired?) and they chose not to renew it. General rewable clauses usually allow entities not to renew if any of the parts chooses so. And seems that your business is not welcome anymore.

If that is so - meaning that all the service you paid for has already been supplied - I don+t think you have a snowball's chance in hell in a court, particularly over a 30 USD contract.

im sure the crash course he will receive when the court summons comes will be enough to educate him
    LOL that's the funniest thing I've read all day.
    “Even those who arrange and design shrubberies are under
    considerable economic stress at this period in history.”

I received my credit today due from their recent hacking incident, an increadible 5! which apparently is equal to 2 months.
    Even I lost my data when the server went down. I was a bit unhappy since my sites were down for a week. But later they provided me a new one.

With regards to the 2 month credit, I guess its an OK deal. But I don't know the justification when the deal is same for a host that was down for just two days, and the same deal for a host that was down for a week.

This does not mean I am asking for a better compensation. Saying all that, think about the days they provided good service, and the "price" they offered. When paying less for a VPS we have to expect "few" things.

But still I am not happy with the turn around of support ticket :-) Rus, we need to do better :-)